[Destiny Knot] A Suggest for new breed item

Heartdust

Question

Let's start this suggestion with a simple question

Is it difficult for you to breed a cute chansey?
MediumVastGuanaco-max-1mb.gif
in the end, it's only female gender
its hard?
Thats a big problem? ... No~
u can breed your own chansey so easy

What About Genderless mons?
Metagross_BW.gif
... Thankfully 

Thanks to the creators and administrators they gave us the opportunity to breed pokemons with the same evolutionary line, now it is much easier to have a 5x31 + nat pokemon that has no gender
Unthinkable in knowing how much you were going to spend before this mechanic in wanting to make your own pokemon without gender

And now...

Why u dont have your own 5x31+n Tauros? (Its a common pokemon right?)
Tauros_XY.gif

In the original games it is not so much a problem to breed these pokemons because Ditto does not disappear when they are delivered to the breeder

but for mechanics reasons in this game yes.

And just as a solution was given to the "genderless" there should be a solution for these specific cases as well

I suggest one idea like this

Sin_titulo.png?width=563&height=494

When breeding a pokemon use an item that is already known in breeding, and that does not have a use in pokemmo, but it could be

The Destiny Knot

Sin_titulo2.png?width=563&height=494

Change the resulting hatchling to be the dad species and spend an item slot in the process.

This could help reduce ridiculously high costs for Pokemon that could be considered "common" nothing outstanding and that because of certain mechanics do not fit into certain teams in the strongest way since they are a nightmare to breed when looking for completely specific dittos.

The destiny Knot symbolizes the union between couples, and can be a farm item that can move the economy as the eternal stone is necessary to farm today.

There are changes that need to be necessary, they are extremely expensive pokemons just for lack of female gender.

ammm_this_is_seriusly_for_a_tauros_shiny

and to have your own Shiny Tauros, I don't even tell you

It is like everything a suggestion and an idea that would open the way to being more accessible certain pokemons that could come in handy in a team.

Edit necessary I think: This version of the Destiny Knot has nothing to do with its use in the original games, Its unic to be implemented in POKEMMO as an alternative to change the hatching species of the egg.

Edited by Heartdust
I Fix bad Gif's

9 answers to this question

"Change the resulting hatchling to be the dad species and spend an item slot in the process."
What about only female species? if the hatchling follow male species?

In normal games, destiny knots do not guarantee a 5x31, and it depend on RNG more than the current breeding system to make good IV mons. If you prefer a subpar product using destiny knots, I'm sure it wont cost that much using the current system to make a similar mon. 

The reasons why parents are consumed is to balance the market, you can get 400k+ everyday with gym run (not to mention other money making methods), so after 2-3 days or even hours, u get enough money to make a 5x31, no big deal. Also, imagine you have "immortal" breeders for IVs, you can spam 5x31 like garbages. Then everyone have tons of unused money, inflation everywhere. This is an MMO game, mind you.

Might as well make a suggestion to lower shiny chance to 1/8124 like normal along with this flow.

Spoiler

Being poor is a sin, don't blame on the system

6 minutes ago, Neuzzz said:

"Change the resulting hatchling to be the dad species and spend an item slot in the process."
What about only female species? if the hatchling follow male species?

Idknow why u gonna use a Destiny Knot To follow male species if u are breeding a female one
But imagine u have a Miltank 1x31 special atak, if u use Destiny Knot u can use that Miltank Like Normal Breeder

8 minutes ago, Neuzzz said:

In normal games, destiny knots do not guarantee a 5x31, and it depend on RNG more than the current breeding system to make good IV mons. If you prefer a subpar product using destiny knots, I'm sure it wont cost that much using the current system to make a similar mon. 

Im Not Comparing This Version of Destiny Knot with The original one, this is only created to PokeMMO
Only to change the Child Specie in the opposite one, nothing more

Not sure what I understood is correct but looks like you are suggesting to make Destiny Knots into an item that is similar to Everstone, but instead of keeping the nature, the destiny knot keep the child to follow the male?

5 minutes ago, Neuzzz said:

Not sure what I understood is correct but looks like you are suggesting to make Destiny Knots into an item that is similar to Everstone, but instead of keeping the nature, the destiny knot keep the child to follow the male?

Yeah, Your description is very accurate

Edited by Heartdust
'

I think this is an interesting suggestion. I'd have to think about it more to understand the economic implications, but my gut reaction is that it slightly invalidates spending money to change the sex of the egg. If a Destiny Knot costs less than the amount it costs to have the Day Care Man set the gender, particularly on species where the gender ratio is 7:1, then this would always be used on the target species, invalidating that money sink. Money sinks are important to prevent inflation. As a result, if this feature were implemented, Destiny Knots would need to be very rare and therefore very expensive. If we're happy that they cost ~30k each, I think it could be a good idea.

I'm conflicted. On the one hand, I do want an easier way to get all-male comps without paying exorbitant amounts of money. On the other hand, this might be too easy. Like what about the people who actually did go through hoops for all male comps? Won't they feel like they got spat on by the devs?

When they changed genderless breeding, it was still balanced around the fact that they could only breed within the species so breeding rarer genderless pokemon was still a grind while still being reasonable. Your suggestion would open the door for the all male pokemon to merely breed with the more common members of their egg groups.

Now I'm not one to shoot down an idea without contributing anything. Perhaps instead of influencing the species of the breed, maybe the devs could make a special exception in the case of an all male pokemon breeding with ditto where for the 3 IVs the baby inherits, it always gets the higher roll (the other 3 IVs are averaged like normal).