"Enhanced Secret Bases"

Haggles

Question

Petition to expand upon "Secret Bases".

IDEAS:

- "Secret Headquarters" : A secret base created specifically for teams, the team leader can create a base that is accessible to members of the team; team members can create "mini secret bases" inside HQ that act like rooms within HQ. When a team leader uses Secret Power, they will be given the choice to make an HQ or personal base.

- "Base Marker" : An item that can be used on a "natural surface" that will allow "Secret Power" to be used by that player, allowing for Secret Bases to exist in regions outside of Hoenn.

- "Playground" : Allow pokemon to be housed in Secret Bases, moving around, etc.

- "Wallpapers" : Something to give Secret Bases a more welcoming feel

- Increase the amount of decorations allowed in a Secret Base

- More decorations, including Pokemon Dolls up to Gen V

Just more to Secret Bases please

11 answers to this question

Idk who is downvoting everyone's comments, but I think this is something we can all enjoy.

There are HM "Ocarinas" we can make an "Ocarina" that creates Secret Base markers in any region. 

Programming this has to be moderately easy; maybe "HQ Bases" could be tricky the way I proposed them, but I think adding more elements to "teams" would help keep the game more populated.

On 3/1/2021 at 11:48 AM, Lvkee said:

@xLuneth@Umbramol !!!!!

Plz make PC's an item to put into secret bases + allow gtl to open ty

PCs in secret bases has been discussed for a long time; it has not been implemented because it would invalidate the use of leppas for sweet scent, since you could just make your base wherever you're hunting, use it to heal pp, then move it when your hunt is over.

5 hours ago, Haggles said:

Idk who is downvoting everyone's comments, but I think this is something we can all enjoy.

There are HM "Ocarinas" we can make an "Ocarina" that creates Secret Base markers in any region. 

Programming this has to be moderately easy; maybe "HQ Bases" could be tricky the way I proposed them, but I think adding more elements to "teams" would help keep the game more populated.

I think you are vastly underestimating the difficulty of programming this feature. The Secret Base mechanic is a property of the Emerald ROM, meaning that if you wanted this feature, you'd have to pull the code in from the Emerald ROM in other regions. This is much more easily said than done. Moreover, it would probably need you to switch between ROMs when you entered the base, since you'd be using Emerald's tile sets, mechanics for item placement, etc. It would  be easier (although still monumental in effort) to completely rebuild the secret base mechanic from scratch, then just load that code from wherever it's decided that secret bases can be placed in any region. I think it could be very fun, particularly if you could randomly run into other players' bases (not just your friends), but it would be a massive job for the team to do and I don't think the appetite is there when you consider they're also working on dungeons, Johto, incomplete areas of existing regions such as battle frontier, etc.

I agree with this idea and it'd be really good. But, I do think it'd be hard to pull of secret bases in other regions, if the Devs can do it, then it's awesome! I don't really agree with having a heal spot in there though, as said above, it has been requested in the past and denied due to the fact that it might make hordes easier to be used.

Everything else is fine, maybe what about a mailbox? It will work as the mail function the PC, but you can only use it to take mails, Pokemon only if you have the space in your party, this would also let you use GTL there. Let me know your thoughts on this, anyways upvoted!

id love to see team bases!!! i rly love the idea of individual team rooms as well!

i think these ideas could be expanded upon by allowing team members to leave npc versions of themselves with their fav pokemon or whatever to make makeshift gyms that people from other teams can challenge. beat so many team members and u get to challenge the team leader.

wouldnt give pokemon exp or currency due to risk of people using it as a cheap farming method.... instead defeating team gyms would give team exp which would allow for unlocking of additional team base features such as a pc for team base, additional room availability for team members fly to team base option, more gym challenger slots available, temporary team exp and gold boosts etc.

and to solve the pc issue... make it so if a team base is demolished a new one cant be placed for a week.... additionally u can only use pc in ur own team base not other team bases.

as far as base marker idea for bases inside any region id def love that... even if it was only team bases that could be used in other regions

Edited by KallenSkye

This is an excellent idea. It would fit nicely with the dungeon/instanced areas that the devs have been working on, it would open hundreds of cosmetics and customization items to be sold on the GTL to spread more the total ingame money, and it is one defining feature of many MMORPGs.

But in order to do it right, you have to go ALL IN. Dump the lame Hoenn secret base style, and make everything gen 4/5 style. Make a couple of holes in every route in every region to fit them. Make it so that you can invite your link party inside your base. Bigger and expensive variation for Teams. Have lots of possible environments instead of just trees and caves, like beach, open sea ships and rafts, hell, even renting those inaccessible houses in cities like Saffron, Celadon, Goldenrod, just call it all Player Housing.

Edited by w4rdo