hide characters from other players

Lisharion

Question

6 answers to this question

Yeah but turning them "off" does not really, and it still shows their names and "shadows", and you can only set the option to 1 minimum. why not 0? and why not just HIDE ALL PLAYERS, many times I'm trying to enjoy the story, and have like 50 peeps packed in a room... it gets rather distracting. lol

TBH if I don't wanna see everyone, but still can enjoy the chat, that should be an option. not sure why forcing us to see every player is necessary.  and why an option to set "player render limit" to 0 is not even an option in the first place. lol why default it to 1 as the lowest.... That's just silly. should be able to select 0/none.

I also think it breaks the immersion in the game. I'm at the start of the game, playing alone, and I don't think I will want to interact with other players until I get all the first 8 badges, so hiding them would be nice. Sometimes seeing that many players on screen can be distracting/annoying too.

And I don't think this is that hard to implement, just make the players, their pokemon followers and their names invisible for the client side. Maybe I'm wrong, I don't know how is the game coded.

Has nothing to do with "If you don't like the MMO aspect of an MMO, then don't play it. ", cause it does not get rid of that aspect at all, having an option to hide peeps is useful, and all the other multiplayer aspects are still there, and by your logic, why would they even have a player render limit in the first place :U they have half implemented hiding them already, why not just go further with it.

[edit]

Also it would only be on the client side anyways, who actually cares what peeps prefer to see or not :U it changes nothing about the game at all.

Edited by Boopadoopdoop