Event - announce commencement beforehand

Riesz

Question

I would like to ask for a small changes for event, that is announcement of starting date/time several days before actual event.

I believed this would help players to arrange their time and be prepared for event.

Take the most recent LNY event for example, MMO's event started on 2nd day of LNY where most Chinese are still celebrating. While event is meant for all, Chinese would feel they missed out at least one day (if irl arrangement could be made)

Besides, I don't see cons of announcing starting date/time of an event if the event is certain

2 answers to this question

6 hours ago, Riesz said:

Besides, I don't see cons of announcing starting date/time of an event if the event is certain

Building up the tension of knowing if the event will release or not.

Also, most of the time they probably finish to code/bugfix around just a few hours before event starts, so they don't give us a date in case they'd be late or not ready to release the event (hue)

But ye, the lack of communication from devs is nothing new and not only related to events. They literally never give informations about anything coming up

It's not about tension, it caused more panic than tension

This year LNY hits on 2nd day of Lunar calendar. With only 5/10min notice (and on midnight of Beijing/SEA time) we can hardly make arrangement as we speculate event probably comes a few days later.

I understand that we have no ETA to anything from devs, but if event is certain and arranged, why not to make it known earlier?

Even for in-game grinding, says I have just used Amulet coin/shiny charm/entered contest or anything else requires commitment of time, and update earthquake hits, what do I do? How would I feel? Do I continue to do whatever I wanted to do when server is up? Or do I join event immediately?

Doing bug fixes doesn't necessarily mean event will be bug-free and players can always find new bugs for you