So whats the deal with the sudden inflation

So Prices of a lot of vanities went x2 / x3 in the last week and they were already rising beforehand. I would say that im participating in the market a lot and usually know the mechanics pretty well - but this is just insane. I talked to different people and apparently its not only on the GTL, but the offers they receive in tradechat as well seem to have gotten way higher. Whats the reason for this? Did a few rich players decide to buy the whole vanity market empty or do we really have an issue with inflation now? The inflation part doesnt make sense to me though, if that really would be an issue RP prices and so on should go up to - but they are back to what they have been pre-event season. 

Edited by Quakkz
1 minute ago, lordhyra said:

Usually when we have an event, such as the Lunar day event, Halloween event, and Christmas events, prices of things on gtl shoot up very high for about a month or so. 

im aware of this and yes this was the case for the last years - but not to this extent.

Having an in depth knowledge of the market on MMO, I can give my input on this:

- A lot of the listings for the less demanded vanities on GTL had recently expired (e.g. UFO Hat and Christmas Lights) meaning that people are taking advantage of this and have put ridiculous prices, but I expect this to continue dropping as the demand will likely stay low and players will be competing to sell.

- For certain vanities (e.g. Scythe, Jack O Lantern and the Ghost Costume), demand has increased significantly for these, especially amongst the Chinese community - as there are only few available but the demand only increasing means this has and will continue to cause the price to increase rapidly.

- For other items such as the eyeball masks, it seems to be the case that people are buying them up to try and manipulate/increase the prices - offers on the trade chat usually try to reflect prices from GTL which would explain why higher offers may be received there.

Also consider the factor that a lot more people have more money now (especially after grinding the events) so if people have more money to spend then the cost of commodities will also rise to reflect this.

Finally the large 8 month gap between events mean that there is enough time to stock up, invest and/or manipulate the market while decreasing the risk of losing profit as there won't be much panic selling for a while.

May have missed out on minor details, but TLDR if you have the money you can manipulate the market, also the basics that the less items available + higher the demand = more control + increased prices

Edited by Imperial
5 minutes ago, Lvkee said:

1k RP has not been below 2m for a while... a long while.

Well it's a while that i dont check RP prices, the last time was like a year ago when i needed to sell 200RP :'D

Can you please tell me why RP prices has increased?

Edited by Kryuko

Let's remember that RP, is paid with real money or win very difficult tournaments, so even if it is expensive
I fully understand the price, but I would also like to remember that there are things in GTL
with absurd prices for example a magikarp that was not even good for 800,000 .000,
they should control the price system because even if nobody is going to buy magikarp it pollutes the market

Note: I used a translator

47 minutes ago, Quakkz said:

So Prices of a lot of vanities went x2 / x3 in the last week and they were already rising beforehand. I would say that im participating in the market a lot and usually know the mechanics pretty well - but this is just insane. I talked to different people and apparently its not only on the GTL, but the offers they receive in tradechat as well seem to have gotten way higher. Whats the reason for this? Did a few rich players decide to buy the whole vanity market empty or do we really have an issue with inflation now? The inflation part doesnt make sense to me though, if that really would be an issue RP prices and so on should go up to - but they are back to what they have been pre-event season. 

Mostly manipulation because of rich people. The price of the GTL market is the big point of reference so if you buy a lot of vanities with a "low price" the point of reference is the vanity at a high price. Even if the prices go lower after a days, it's a lot of higher that it were. So basically yes, manipulation. Having in count that you have a lot of money, you can do whatever you want.

I believe some rich are manipulating rhe market. Sometimes pages of a vanity will get scooped and relisted at a higher price, these billionaires can afford to do so....and i believe the same goes for older vanities. For example, the Rudolph antlers has been around 20-30m for a while now (like atleast a year or more) and all of a sudden they are 80-100m. There arent many in circulation so it would be easy for a billionaire to scoop the last 5 or 10 at 20-30m and relist them slowly for 100m. Nothings really stopping them i guess. Its easy to make money thos way when u can afford to do so

4 minutes ago, Obvi said:

I believe some rich are manipulating rhe market. Sometimes pages of a vanity will get scooped and relisted at a higher price, these billionaires can afford to do so....and i believe the same goes for older vanities. For example, the Rudolph antlers has been around 20-30m for a while now (like atleast a year or more) and all of a sudden they are 80-100m. There arent many in circulation so it would be easy for a billionaire to scoop the last 5 or 10 at 20-30m and relist them slowly for 100m. Nothings really stopping them i guess. Its easy to make money thos way when u can afford to do so

That's what I was thinking too. Must be a coordinated group tho, since if I count everything together over the last few days that was bought empty from gtl we are talking about tens of billions probably 

9 minutes ago, Kryuko said:

Oh damn! It seems is really a lot of time that i don't check that!

BTW when i started playing was the 22 january 2020, so maybe in that period prices lowered for some days.

im pretty sure you just remember it wrong, rp werent that cheap for like 3-4 years or so and probably will never be again

Edited by Quakkz
15 minutes ago, Quakkz said:

im pretty sure you just remember it wrong, rp werent that cheap for like 3-4 years or so and probably will never be again

Yeah probably it is, sorry if i maybe caused confusion to someone.

BTW i noticed too that prices are going higher every day, is pretty sure that someone is buying an reselling everything to an higher price.

About 3 events im a "short time" , i believe there was a lot of manipulation within that time frame, along with the normal price hike already expected to some itens after  an event and growing demand for older vanitys. For example, the Reaper Hoods , just before this lunar year have been selling for 14 and 25m, the black and red one , now in just 10 days(?) they doubled their price, its insane the scale that this is going up.