PokeMMO contains Trojan Virus?

Hi, I've recently started PokeMMO and it's been fun and smooth sailing for the past few days, however;

Today I went to open PokeMMO, it came up saying I needed to reinstall because of an error or something and Windows Defender popped up too saying there was a virus with PokeMMO.

When I quarantined PokeMMO itself, the virus became quarantined and it's fine now, but I haven't deleted any of the ROMs so it can't be those.

I downloaded PokeMMO from here and the ROMs from emulatorgames.net, I also have a Unova Sprites mod from this forum.

Is PokeMMO safe to download, what is this virus exactly and is there anything else I can do?

trojanpokemmo.PNG

3 minutes ago, lordhyra said:

false positives happen a lot. i have had the game since 2014 and have had a few false positives. but that's all it is. it's safe to download and use :)

Thanks, gonna redownload now :)

1 hour ago, Kryuko said:

Hello.

This is a false positive, you can find a lot of topics about that using the search function.

Hopefully, it will be solved in the nexts releases. For now you can just deactivate your AV while playing or change your AV software.

Thanks, I'll redownload now :)

• Kyu locked this topic