Team Tournament February- Saturday 27th

IMG_20210221_231737.jpg?width=480&height=640

Welcome to the Official PokeMMO Team Tournament of February 2021

These are monthly competitive tournaments where teams can test their skill against each other.
Players battle as teams (3 at a time). Teams can switch out which members compete between rounds

[SIÂ] Sic Itur Ad Astra

will be given the opportunity to defend their title from January They have earned a registration slot.

February: UU / NU / Doubles

3 players from each team

The top spot will be an UU Match

The middle spot will be an NU Match

Below, there will be Doubles Match

Details:
16 Teams | 6v6 | Tournament Mode Duels |

Date & Time:
Saturday, 27th February 9pm CET (UTC+1) ; 3pm EST; 8pm UTC; 2pm CST Time Zone Converter

Thursday, 25th  February 9pm CET (UTC+1) ; 3pm EST; 8pm UTC; 2pm CST  Time Zone Converter

Time of Registration Round:

Thursday, 25th  February 9:15pm CET (UTC+1) ; 3:15pm EST; 8:15pm UTC; 2:15pm CST  

You don't have to specify which players are fighting for team in registration round. Number of participating teams will depend of number of teams that are registered (only 32 teams can register).

Only 3 players that are fighting in registration round will have to be there for it. Captain doesn't need to be online, just someone else will contact me. 

Guaranteed spots:

February- nr 1 Spot on standings - Team [SIÂ] Sic Itur Ad Astra

* Teams from guaranted spots needs to provide their registration up to 15 minutes after registration will start.

* Only registered players are allowed to play.

* It must include all information below:

Team Name:
Team Tag:
Registered Players:
Team Captain:

(Note: The Team Captain is who I will be contacting if I need to relay information to your team.)

+ Editing players in is allowed, up to an hour before main tournament. If a player was registered for team A, but his team didn't make it to the final 16 teams, he can't play for team B.
   + Adding/changing player right before tournament is possible by in-game/forum notification to host, under above conditions. Please inform the host of the change - if it will happen after that deadline.

* Entry must be made by a member of the team.

* Entry that was originally including one team, but then edited to another one, will not be counted at all. If a player who made an entry would change teams, he can't use his spot for a new team.

* Team must have at least 3 players ready to fight. Failing to meet this requirement, will result in disqualification, and 1st reserve team will take place

Example of valid entry 

Team Tag: GM

Team Name: GameMasters
Registered Players: Rache Munya SecretDjinn
Team Captain: Munya

If I notice your team is an alt team, when creating the bracket and reserves list I will put that team on the last spot of reserves.

Team Players Gap: 20

Silph. co (Starting channel 4. Matches 1-4 on ch. 3 and matches 5-8 on ch 4)

Clauses:
Sleep/OHKO/Pristine/Species/Evasion/Bag Item/
List of Clauses and what they mean.

Prize:

The winning team will receive:
1000 RP for each 3 winners

Guaranteed spot in next month's Team Tournament

Player sprites on next month's tournament poster 
(Teams are allowed to choose their own poster, or to request one from us. Please note it must represent team and not be against rules)
Entry into the PokeMMO Hall of Fame 

Points for the Team of The Year:

Champion: 10
2nd Place 7
Semifinal 4
Round 2 2

Notes:

• Disconnecting during a match will result in a DQ.

• Do not block the Staff running the Event. If you disregard requests for you to unblock staff members then you will be disqualified.

• Once your match is called you will have 10 minutes to report to the table. No time extensions will be given.

• Teams must have 3 players for each round. If team is registered, but fails to have 3 players, 1st reserve team takes their place in bracket. 

• Match that takes more than an hour to complete, might result in GM calling the result if the match is not showing any sign of it ending soon

• Please listen to staff members instructions during tournament. The behaviour of ruining the event for other players on purpose will be met with a yellow/red card system of penalties, as explained in the main thread HERE

Please have a read of changes to TT In this thread, especially about registration. 

1 minute ago, Bearminator said:

Date & Time:
Saturday, 27th February 9pm CET (UTC+1) ; 3pm EST; 8pm UTC; 2pm CST Time Zone Converter

Thursday, 25th  February 9pm CET (UTC+1) ; 3pm EST; 8pm UTC; 2pm CST  Time Zone Converter

Thursday, 25th  February 9:15pm CET (UTC+1) ; 3:15pm EST; 8:15pm UTC; 2:15pm CST  

You don't have to specify which players are fighting for team in registration round. Number of participating teams will depend of number of teams that are registered (only 32 teams can register).

Only 3 players that are fighting in registration round will have to be there for it. Captain doesn't need to be online, just someone else will contact me. 

Guaranteed spots:

February- nr 1 Spot on standings - Team [SIÂ] Sic Itur Ad Astra

* Teams from guaranted spots needs to provide their registration up to 15 minutes after registration will start.

* Only registered players are allowed to play.

* It must include all information below:

Team Name:
Team Tag:
Registered Players:
Team Captain:

(Note: The Team Captain is who I will be contacting if I need to relay information to your team.)

+ Editing players in is allowed, up to an hour before main tournament. If a player was registered for team A, but his team didn't make it to the final 16 teams, he can't play for team B.
   + Adding/changing player right before tournament is possible by in-game/forum notification to host, under above conditions. Please inform the host of the change - if it will happen after that deadline.

* Entry must be made by a member of the team.

* Entry that was originally including one team, but then edited to another one, will not be counted at all. If a player who made an entry would change teams, he can't use his spot for a new team.

* Team must have at least 3 players ready to fight. Failing to meet this requirement, will result in disqualification, and 1st reserve team will take place

Example of valid entry 

Team Tag: GM

Team Name: GameMasters
Registered Players: Rache Munya SecretDjinn
Team Captain: Munya

There are some changes, so if anyone have any questions, Im there.

I would like to thank you for reviewing the sign ups and implementing this change, myself and others appreciate that we don't have to rely on mere seconds to register.

My only question is what happens if there's an uneven number of teams who registered (e.g. 31) - will the other TT finalists (Core in this case) then also be automatically guaranteed a spot on Saturday?

39 minutes ago, Imperial said:

My only question is what happens if there's an uneven number of teams who registered (e.g. 31) - will the other TT finalists (Core in this case) then also be automatically guaranteed a spot on Saturday?

I would like idealy to keep qualification round last 1 round. This means that considering we have 1 guaranted spot this month, we can have 30 registered teams top - to fight for remaining 15. 

What if we will have 29?

We can give a free bye to the highest spot on the ladder, which yeah would mean that 2nd spot on leaderboard will get it, if they will register. Then 3rd, 4th,etc.

Sounds fair imo- not guaranted spot, unless certain amount of teams will register. 

2 minutes ago, ThinkNicer said:

Having a registration round on a godforsaken Thursday is a fucking tragedy. I guess we aren't allowed to have a normal workweek anymore to be able to play the only official tournament that matters.

Saturday Registrations and Sunday actual TT sounds good yeh, but mostly depends on staff availability too.

At least we are getting an actual fair chance instead of seconds rng lmao.

2 minutes ago, DoctorPBC said:

Will the prize be improved as a result of asking players to play an extra round? 

Spoiler

CompetentParallelColt-size_restricted.gi

4 minutes ago, Limbow said:

Saturday Registrations and Sunday actual TT sounds good yeh, but mostly depends on staff availability too.

At least we are getting an actual fair chance instead of seconds rng lmao.

Do a registration round the Saturday before, it takes like 40 minutes. Really ain't that hard.

Edited by ThinkNicer
43 minutes ago, Bearminator said:

I would like idealy to keep qualification round last 1 round. This means that considering we have 1 guaranted spot this month, we can have 30 registered teams top - to fight for remaining 15. 

What if we will have 29?

We can give a free bye to the highest spot on the ladder, which yeah would mean that 2nd spot on leaderboard will get it, if they will register. Then 3rd, 4th,etc.

Sounds fair imo- not guaranted spot, unless certain amount of teams will register. 

To clarify

Only first 30 entries will be counted, so any team above 30th spot will be on reserves list. 

20 minutes ago, ThinkNicer said:

Having a registration round on a godforsaken Thursday is a fucking tragedy. I guess we aren't allowed to have a normal workweek anymore to be able to play the only official tournament that matters.

Could just make TT 32 teams tournament, and last time showed its currently not a good idea. Using Sunday is not good either, as it can end late into night on Monday- and we have jobs, school etc.

I understand why it might be inconvenient to play on Thursday, but keep in mind that not a whole team needs to be there on that day.

This also rewards teams that do well in general standings, as it guarantees a spot in case of fewer registrations. 

19 minutes ago, Bearminator said:

Could just make TT 32 teams tournament, and last time showed its currently not a good idea. Using Sunday is not good either, as it can end late into night on Monday- and we have jobs, school etc.

I understand why it might be inconvenient to play on Thursday, but keep in mind that not a whole team needs to be there on that day.

This also rewards teams that do well in general standings, as it guarantees a spot in case of fewer registrations. 

34 minutes ago, ThinkNicer said:

Do a registration round the Saturday before, it takes like 40 minutes. Really ain't that hard.

Just now, Thenavarro said:

MUST CØRË PARTICIPATE IN PREVIOUS MATCHES TO QUALIFY?

If 30 teams will register- yes. 
If less- then no, I will make a list here before the qualification will happen. 

3 minutes ago, DoctorPBC said:

Will the prize be improved as a result of asking players to play an extra round? 

No, or at least "most likely no, certainly not atm"

11 hours ago, Bearminator said:

32 spots TT wasn’t that bad 

Can I get a clarification on what "Registration" and "Time of Registration Round" is? The "qualifier" round is almost immediately after the registration then? If so I'd suggest changing the name of "Time of Registration Round" to something like "Qualifier Round" since I got word of a lot of people that got confused with that. 

18 hours ago, Bearminator said:

Registration starts at 9pm CET, and is open for 15 minutes. After those 15 minutes we are ready in Silph co for a fight for spot, and I announce which teams have to play. 

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html?iso=20210225T200000&p1=1440&p2=tz_et&p3=37&p4=tz_brt&p5=tz_ct

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html?iso=20210225T200000&p1=1440&p2=tz_et&p3=37&p4=tz_brt&p5=tz_ct