Breeding Question

I'm in the middle of trying to breed a 5x31 hippopotas and now in my breeding I stumbled upon the nature I wanted (careful) for my 5x31, except I'm only at a 4x31 right now. I am confused on what to do now, because if I just keep breeding like normal this good nature will go away... However if I breed another 4x31 to breed with my current one I wouldn't be able to pass both the  extra IV and the nature... 

I'm thinking of maybe breeding an unnatured 5x31 and then letting that one hold the bracelet for the last stat I want and then placing an everstone on my current Hippopotas. But I see nowhere where this is explicitly stated on any of the breeding guides I looked at so I'm just making sure before I spend another large amount of my in game money making a 5 IV pokemon. Is this the right train of thought? Any help/clarification would be greatly appreciated :) 

Edited by azulace

It is indeed the good way to go. When you are breeding you usually want to breed the whole female to whatever IVs you need in hope to roll for good nature, then breed the natured male part. You can breed a 4x31 male in hope to roll nature once again, then you can safely breed your 3x31 natured female onto it if you didn't. It saves some money. 

Just a heads up, 3x31 2x30 does the same stats as 5x31 if you don't invest EVs in more than those 3 IVs. 

4 minutes ago, Neuzzz said:

The best way is to make another 5x31 unnatured, if it somehow lands on the correct nature, sell the previous 4x31 natured one, if it doesn't, let's say you have saved some money by having natured 4x31 already.

I see. Glad to hear that I saved some money already. Would love for it to land on the correct nature the second time around as well but I don't think I'm that lucky lol

3 minutes ago, Poufilou said:

It is indeed the good way to go. When you are breeding you usually want to breed the whole female to whatever IVs you need in hope to roll for good nature, then breed the natured male part. You can breed a 4x31 male in hope to roll nature once again, then you can safely breed your 3x31 natured female onto it if you didn't. It saves some money. 

Just a heads up, 3x31 2x30 does the same stats as 5x31 if you don't invest EVs in more than those 3 IVs. 

Good to know, definitely will keep that in mind.

thank you both