GTL Available by web browser

Kryuko

Question

As the title.

There are a lot of people that open the game only for trading/selling items in the GTL.

It would be wonderful to have a web-page where we can login and just use the GTL.

I had this idea seeing the new support section that use the in-game credentials to login, this means that you already have a web page that connects to the game database and it shouldn't be too hard to implement.

Thank you!

15 answers to this question

17 hours ago, pokelace said:

I'd love to see a full API for this game in the future, would bring so many possibilities to the table.

Upvoted, though (:

I agree, an API system would be even better, with that i think i would develop a lot of web pages and/or utilities for this game :D 

4 hours ago, Kryuko said:

Oh well, i would like to be able to buy and sell directly from web browser without opening the game.

You need to be in a Poke Center PC.

(Doesnt make sense just one thing: Why devs would allow to buy outside of the game if in game we can't buy without being in a Poke Center PC)

11 minutes ago, sandronejm said:

You need to be in a Poke Center PC.

(Doesnt make sense just one thing: Why devs would allow to buy outside of the game if in game we can't buy without being in a Poke Center PC)

Actually you can buy in the GTL without beign on the pokemon center pc.

They'll just send the item in your mailbox and you need to be on the PC to receive that.

But you made a point, maybe it should be better to let users use the GTL by browser only if their character is in a pokemon center.

Edited by Kryuko
5 minutes ago, JS6786 said:

I don't think that users should be able to execute transactions from an external website, because botting. But it would be super cool to have that market data available to review external to the game.

Yes maybe botting would maybe be difficult to control with actions by web browser. But even only checking gtl prices would be wonderful.

Edited by Kryuko

Only when you are in pc you can put items to sell, so this is the first NO for web GTL
When you buy items there are 2 situations:
- You occasionally check web GTL: for sure you will miss all the good items already, since all good snipe-able stuffs will be gone in a blink and normal stuffs dont go away easily if you log in the game later. Also, the game log in take like 10s max, which make it very unlikely for the web GTL to ever be created.
- You always check web GTL: if you can always check, why not just log in the game already. it's a 1 time action.
So that's a second NO imo. 
If you are not in a situation to log in the game, I suggest to focus on what you are doing instead.

Regards