About the sudden maintenance.

This was not ok. They should have given us a lot more time, and say something like "The servers will shut down in 3 hours" so that people know beforehand that if they want to attempt the event, they only have 3 hours to do so. And that way, those that started it might complete it and if they just began might as well quit. Or something around those lines. I mean, you struggle to do the event perfectly for several hours, to have a perfect run, and suddenly you have 10 min to log out. 

Edited by CrimsonBelvedere

We gave a 2 hour window from when we turned off the entrance npc. It's a balancing act on online population, off-peak time, and how long nobody can play for the sake of people with longer runs. Our shutdown timer only does the full effect for the last 10 minutes unfortunately, we announced a bit earlier but not everyone would have seen that.

I avoided shutting down when anyone was past 25 score, but there's a point where it has to be done.

1 minute ago, Desu said:

We gave a 2 hour window from when we turned off the entrance npc. It's a balancing act on online population, off-peak time, and how long nobody can play for the sake of people with longer runs. Our shutdown timer only does the full effect for the last 10 minutes unfortunately, we announced a bit earlier but not everyone would have seen that.

I avoided shutting down when anyone was past 25 score, but there's a point where it has to be done.

Ok I didn't notice all that, as I was already "inside". Thanks for the heads up, since there was a 2 hour gap I guess what I said is meaningless. 

Though I have a question: would it have been possible to disconnect inside the event and continue after the maintenance?

3 minutes ago, CrimsonBelvedere said:

Ok I didn't notice all that, as I was already "inside". Thanks for the heads up, since there was a 2 hour gap I guess what I said is meaningless. 

Though I have a question: would it have been possible to disconnect inside the event and continue after the maintenance?

No, there's too much state that isn't persistent.