closed topic

7 hours ago, Mikeshai said:

It's one thing to "abuse" with insane mark up, but the tiny is currently so tiny, it's also going to wipe out whole market of items. I like to roll new toons every now and then and be able to use exotic TMs right away (as well as super / max repels / etc) I'm not arguing just as a seller but also as a buyer as well.

It's not about "relying" on pokémart for profit, nothing wrong with making a buck instead of having pokédollars sitting on my toons. That's usually how I play MMO's with a thriving economy. If I do this, surely at least other players do it as well.

Also, having markets on pokemarts also help with the inflation as the money is wipe from the economy with the NPC purchase that seller paid as well with the market fee.

There is literally no point in profiting from items in the Pokemart, the minor exceptions were the Rocket Uniform and a few TMs, which would only be around $3,000-5,000 profit (you also need to include the listing fee) - you would make more money battling 2 NPCs without an amulet coin.

If people still want to buy these items (e.g. TMs) but can't access them via the Marts, then they can still buy them from GTL, just not for ridiculous prices.

If you want to make money but can't get into the shiny/vanity market (as prices are understandably ridiculous), you'd be better off doing NPC/Gym re-battles.

Honestly, there isn't an issue in this change, there are several guides to help with making money too.

Edited by Imperial
1 hour ago, Mikeshai said:

People can still buy them, of course, but who's going to go for the trouble of putting them up for sale now? And how much is "ridiculous" for you? I'm not advocating that there shouldn't be any upper limit at all. Just that the current one is to thin for people to bother putting some things for sale now.

Honestly it's more worthwhile to just do gym rematches and if you haven't completed a region yet, NPC rematches. Regarding ridiculous a most recent example were the 'Teddy ears' which cost 15,000 in the store - people were selling them for 500k - 1m for at least a few weeks. There shouldn't be an upper limit, but for items which can easily be abused (e.g. Pokemart items like mentioned) there is no reason why this shouldn't have been introduced.

1 hour ago, Mikeshai said:

Again, the issue is not just about making money, it's about the convenience of some items being up for sale on the GTL will be wiped out because there will be no incentive to do so.

Regarding the items you mentioned in the original post, there'll always be items available on the trade chat and team members / friends can always help out. 

• Mikeshai changed the title to closed topic