What is this event?

1 hour ago, EssDeeCee said:

Haven't done this event yet, unsure if the devs will just nerf it into the ground after a few days, so not sure if I want to start right away.

I heard it's similar to the Xmas event but you pick a pokemon, then battle other pokes?

It's a dungeon like event similar to the Christmas one.

You and your team choose 3 Pokemon - each Pokemon will have a fixed moveset (from what I'm aware)

Like the Christmas event, you have to battle Pokemon in 'swarms', these usually appear in pairs. The more Pokemon you kill, the more swarms are cleared.

You can change your Pokemon from a selected list during the swarms by going to the temple near the top of the dungeon.

After a few swarms (not sure on the exact number) there's the boss you can battle, (fire type if I recall). After the boss the swarms get harder as the Pokemon call for help, similar to the elfbots.

Regarding prizes, it wouldn't surprise me - after you beat the boss once you receive 8 red envelopes and 1 lucky red envelope (around 300 - 350k right now)

Overall it should take around an hour for each run.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Imperial
3 hours ago, EssDeeCee said:

Haven't done this event yet, unsure if the devs will just nerf it into the ground after a few days, so not sure if I want to start right away.

With the leaderboard, I doubt difficulty will be adjusted unless there is major bug that is being widely exploits