[GUI] The TVR Experience (For PC/Rooted Android)

Intro:

Spoiler

So I was going through my routine of grinding money and breeders to shiny hatch something that I want, and then eventually I started responding to people's questions/concerns/whatever on one of the custom Android themes on forums—well let's be real here, the only custom Android theme on forums. By doing this, I was setting myself up for quite the curious/tinkery day today that I didn't really see coming, it just happened. As of right now, there are currently only two custom Android themes available, and to push for the recently-discovered Android era (totally didn't make that one up or oversell it lol), I have decided to "create" a custom Android GUI theme myself. Now, there shall be at least three Android themes to choose from (two if you don't stumble upon the Youtube video xD). The Android movement shall live on!

When I say the word "create", I actually did not make any of this. I'm a complete noob with bad drawing skills and zero coding skills or modding skills in general—I live in my mom's can of Chef Boyardee, I always manage to make everyone's lives miserable just by living, and the HOA is eventually going to take away my can of Chef Boyardee because I haven't paid rent for it in ages and they probably prefer Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup, anyways. All I did was re-use the same res image for multiple windows because it looked sexy, and then I took multiple PC themes that I felt fit the theme well and mushed stuff from them all into one theme, which I then renamed to default so that the Android GUI that I also ripped off and mushed a bit together could use the theme I hacked up for resources. The finished look reminds me of those crazy-colored TVR cars I remember seeing as a kid when I played Gran Turismo on my PS2 back in the day, so that's why I decided to name it this way. I originally wanted to name it something else but I would have absolutely get muted/banned for it lol

Here's a picture of a TVR car for reference lol:

Spoiler

TVR_Cascade_Violet_5afa4e83-b1a7-4559-a0

Them Juicy Lucy Screenz(all shot on Android, PC will look exactly the same except without on-screen controls):

Login(No U and smile not included lol):

Spoiler

f1MiwFX.jpg

Regular Interface Thingy:

Spoiler

DFzzChz.png

Trainer Card:

Spoiler

DK1s1Lk.png

Pokemon Summary:

Spoiler

yAQrjQ1.png

Battle UI:

Spoiler

zl9Uj5y.png

hJbGEQE.png

n9RBxkg.png

Things to Keep in Mind:

Spoiler
  • Like I said before, I do not own any of this stuff. This was just a theme put together by mashing other themes up into one Android-style theme. Hell, most of this theme is just the same res picture copy-pasted over and over lol, all the credits go to the original makers of their themes and stuff.
  • I do not know anything about GUIs or design/code in the first place, so do not ask me to fix any bugs that may pop up. I literally made this theme up in just one afternoon, not even I know what I'm doing xD. Just hope and pray that some GUI pro feels pity and fixes the bugs for us if any were to pop up, the best I can do is try to re-do the whole theme again and update this post if a PokeMMO update breaks it or something.
  • A minor little bug would be inside battles with really long text, like those 2v2 double battles you do with another person/NPC against two other NPCs—if the text to display is way too long, the text will get cut off at the bottom. This is due to the font size of the text used in battles, and since I only copy-pasted this onto the GUI and have no experience on editing or creating anything, I don't have a fix for it for now xD
  • The battery and menu icon may not appear at first, but they will once you tap/click where they normally would be at AKA the top-right corner of your screen.
  • This theme is made based on the Android GUI, it is supposed to look like an Android-style theme on both PC and Android. If you are on PC, please do not discard the android folder thinking that it's just the Android version of this theme. The theme relies on both the android and the default folder, it is meant to look exactly the same on both PC and Android. Follow the instructions as shown, the theme will look completely different and may or may not be buggy af if you only use one or the other.
  • This theme will not work on Android phones that are not rooted.

Download Link (Regular Version):

Regular

Download Link (Theme w/o Blue Names):

No Blue Names

Instructions (PC):

Spoiler
  1. Go to /data/themes inside the PokeMMO folder, make a backup copy of your current default folder as this theme will replace it with a modded one.
  2. Download the theme as a ZIP and extract it somewhere.
  3. Open the folder up and copy-paste both the android and the default folder onto /data/themes inside the PokeMMO folder (the default folder will replace the one you currently have and will add new files and/or change the current files).
  4. Launch PokeMMO, go to Settings>Interface and choose android as your theme.
  5. Relaunch PokeMMO and enjoy o;

Instructions (Rooted Android):

Spoiler

I have a whole separate tutorial on how to make custom themes work on your phone, you can follow it at your own risk down below:

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Themes Involved:

Vanilla Android theme (used as base):

Spoiler

@Justehn's Simplesmog GUI (used only for the purple PokeMMO logo):

Spoiler

@budadeth's Código Cero Blue + Código Cero Android (used for the "copy-paste slave" pic used in a lot of the windows, the bit of custom fonts, the Android Battle UI, the main_hud pic and where I got the color scheme from):

Spoiler

@JaviKings' Gengar-Z-IU Theme (used for the other part of the Battle UI, really cool looking mod in it of itself):

Spoiler

@KratosGamer034's Gengar Theme (used only for the new UI pic):

Spoiler

@Nerfgun's JADT theme (used for the little textures such as the gender icons and such, the theme that saves my poor little eyes and that I wish I actually wasn't a noob to make an Android theme for it lol):

Spoiler

@RoiZzz's LOL K/DA theme (used for the trainer card and the purple button/menu elements, there's something about that GIF in his post that intrigues me somehow, is that a dude or a girl lol? I couldn't find many trainer cards that fit in with this crazy color scheme, the only other trainer card I could find was from Staggiie back when she was doing custom GUIs for people like in 2019 or so, it was this red and blue theme she made for someone that seemed to have a trainer card look that's perfect for this theme, but she has since long closed her GUI shop down and all of the themes uploaded to Dropbox have been deleted, so the trainer card from this LOL K/DA theme was the next best thing xD):

Spoiler

@JaredNattyDaddyTKL's Gen 8 Android Theme (used for some XML files that I still don't know whether I needed them or not, but just shoved them in the theme anyways just in case lol):

Spoiler

Edited by Guest
4 hours ago, budadeth said:

I love TVR dude thats my all time favourites, we should do something like a chamaleon paint theme haha

"Break-dance Beats" xD 

Ooo bruh that would be lit, like an alternate TVR theme xD

Lol I hope this new update doesn't break this theme and have me update it, it's literally only been out for a few hours. C'mon I beg of you game, please ;-;

Edited by Guest

Alright so another update: I discovered that the chat transparency on whisper windows looked pretty damn awful, basically see-through-like, so I had to fetch a whole new UI_menu pic for this theme to fix it (props to @KratosGamer034 and his version of the Gengar Theme that I used for this new UI pic, I'll have a new link to that theme in my OG post). The UI is still purple, but it also pops out more and it gives a whole new look to the whisper windows (thank god lol). Here are some before and after:

Before:

Spoiler

UzI7rEV.jpg

rvFZ42a.png

After:

Spoiler

f1MiwFX.jpg

9gIyFAQ.png

I also included a new download link to the same theme but without player IGNs having a touch of blue or a different font than usual on them (it looks similar to the style of dialog from the batles). It's for personal preference purposes for you guys and brings back the regular-style IGNs from the default Android theme, in case you don't want IGNs to be looking all flashy and stuff.

Edited by Guest
I gave credit to the wrong theme, I actually didn't use Código Cero Purple for this at all, derp lmao
  • Guest changed the title to [GUI] The TVR Experience (For PC/Rooted Android)
8 hours ago, MGRazor said:

Alright, new link to the theme folder has been posted to reflect the recent PokeMMO update, just in case lol

Bro you should wait till the event goes off, they surely gonna be updating , and updating, and updating lol just a suggestion 

8 hours ago, budadeth said:

Bro you should wait till the event goes off, they surely gonna be updating , and updating, and updating lol just a suggestion 

Eh, not every PokeMMO update requires a theme update on my part. For the most part, PokeMMO gets an initial big update and then any update that happens within a matter of hours or days or whatnot after the initial update are just either bug fixes, buffs/nerfs, or some other minor stuff which doesn't require a theme update. So I just wanted to update the theme for the initial update, and then any other update that happens shortly thereafter within the coming days can be ignored unless one of them actually does require another theme update (which doesn't happen often at all xD).

12 hours ago, MGRazor said:

I had to fetch a whole new UI_menu pic for this theme to fix it (props to @KratosGamer034 and his version of the Gengar Theme that I used for this new UI pic, I'll have a new link to that theme in my OG post).

So here's a big derp I made, I actually didn't use the Código Cero Purple Theme at all, I used an entirely different theme from a different person and then somehow the Código theme came to mind while I was typing all of that up lol, I already fixed my posts with the correct theme and author, but I just wanted to point this out, my B xD

@budadeth sorry bud, I still used your Blue and Android theme at least :doge:

Edited by Guest
8 hours ago, MGRazor said:

So here's a big derp I made, I actually didn't use the Código Cero Purple Theme at all, I used an entirely different theme from a different person and then somehow the Código theme came to mind while I was typing all of that up lol, I already fixed my posts with the correct theme and author, but I just wanted to point this out, my B xD

@budadeth sorry bud, I still used your Blue and Android theme at least :doge:

hahaa feel free to use it or ask me for a theme i wouldnt mind help you out

• 2 weeks later...

OK so quick little update blog thingy, I've been perma-banned as of February 14th, so I am unable to test this theme out on my own after PokeMMO updates itself. I have submitted a ban appeal, but in case that gets rejected, I will have slaves errr I mean friends that will report to me when this theme breaks and I will update it and have them test it out before I update it publicly.

The only little change that may be noticeable by you guys will be in the form of the time that it takes for me to update this theme publicly; outsourcing the testing instead of doing it all myself may or may not add a little bit of a delay. But rest assured, this theme shall live on for now o7 (whether people actually download this thing or not lol)

Edited by Guest
I'VE BEEN UNBANNED, THIS NO LONGER APPLIES
1 hour ago, MGRazor said:

OK so quick little update blog thingy, I've been perma-banned as of February 14th, so I am unable to test this theme out on my own after PokeMMO updates itself. I have submitted a ban appeal, but in case that gets rejected, I will have slaves errr I mean friends that will report to me when this theme breaks and I will update it and have them test it out before I update it publicly.

The only little change that may be noticeable by you guys will be in the form of the time that it takes for me to update this theme publicly; outsourcing the testing instead of doing it all myself may or may not add a little bit of a delay. But rest assured, this theme shall live on for now o7 (whether people actually download this thing or not lol)

dude ... sorry to hear that you can hook me up anytime if you need some testing

• 3 weeks later...

Ayyyy I didn't think I had it in me, but my copy-paste skills managed to fix an important bug: you can now actually send duel requests to people lmao

Also I managed to remove that "clickbait" minimize button while not in a PvP queue, it should now appear only when you are in a PvP queue xD

Hooray, a bug fix update for a theme that nobody probably uses smh xD

(also this can probably serve as a bump at the same time, double-duty nice lol)

• 5 weeks later...
On 6/11/2021 at 3:26 PM, budadeth said:

did you like it?

i was making some re-colours and that chamaleon colour got into my mind lol

I really like the party-bubble edit you made, as well as that main menu background and the font. However the theme for me is a bit too flashy for my liking, a bit too much for my eyes xD But you seem to have gotten the hang of Android GUI editing, nice xD