About Shedinja

Altaria1

Question

Now the Ability of Shedinja can only be triggered 2 times.

For the sake of Shedinja, I suggest:

Change the Ability of Shedinja back to the state before 11.6 update (that means, the Ability can be triggered infinitely. If it still needs to be limited due to balance and other reasons, it can only work on Trainers (including ordinary NPC, Gym Leader and Elite Four) can only be triggered 3 times in fights)

截屏2021-02-12 上午11.03.47.png

18 answers to this question

Sorry for bumping an old discussion.

I don't log in often as I did before, and I just discovered to my horror of the Shedinja nerf.

I came to Pokemmo after losing faith in gf, realizing they don't care about their creatures.

Often things here are changed or nerfed for balance reasons, but I mostly appreciated what the team behind Pokemmo did, and the ideas driving them.

But this nerf...I had to express my feelings, writing for the first time here, because I feel this was a mistake. I am aware the team is costantly looking for a delicate balance, I know we will never see a speed boost chicken or a contrary snake, but nerfing Shedinja accomplished next to nothing.

I am aware that the change was motivated by the ghost bug working decently against the E4, but the AI was perfectly capable of finding solutions against wonder guard as well, and there is a 6 hours cooldown on the E4, so this nerf feels to me like an overkill of an already extremely niche monster.

Keeping it as it is means for me that you don't really care about this pokemon, a victim for the sake of balance. I can't think of any use for the poor guy right now, aside from sitting in the pc. You can always keep the nerf just for e4 and gyms if you -really- think it's THAT important, but I feel that you should change the ability back like it was at least for pvp, things like battle tower and normal battles with wild monsters.

You did well by making clear that a speed boost blaziken is a big nope even in the future, but nerfing a NU pokemon? I hope you rethink carefully about this, I feel that this is a big step in a wrong direction.

Edited by Satore84
22 minutes ago, Satore84 said:

Sorry for bumping an old discussion.

I don't log in often as I did before, and I just discovered to my horror of the Shedinja nerf.

I came to Pokemmo after losing faith in gf, realizing they don't care about their creatures.

Often things here are changed or nerfed for balance reasons, but I mostly appreciated what the team behind Pokemmo did, and the ideas driving them.

But this nerf...I had to express my feelings, writing for the first time here, because I feel this was a mistake. I am aware the team is costantly looking for a delicate balance, I know we will never see a speed boost chicken or a contrary snake, but nerfing Shedinja accomplished next to nothing.

I am aware that the change was motivated by the ghost bug working decently against the E4, but the AI was perfectly capable of finding solutions against wonder guard as well, and there is a 6 hours cooldown on the E4, so this nerf feels to me like an overkill of an already extremely niche monster.

Keeping it as it is means for me that you don't really care about this pokemon, a victim for the sake of balance. I can't think of any use for the poor guy right now, aside from sitting in the pc. You can always keep the nerf just for e4 and gyms if you -really- think it's THAT important, but I feel that you should change the ability back like it was at least for pvp, things like battle tower and normal battles with wild monsters.

You did well by making clear that a speed boost blaziken is a big nope even in the future, but nerfing a NU pokemon? I hope you rethink carefully about this, I feel that this is a big step in a wrong direction.

They nerfed every means to farm money so I don't think they care at all about this in particular...

1 minute ago, lipe3994 said:

They nerfed every means to farm money so I don't think they care at all about this in particular...

So what's the motivation behind this nerf?
I can't see any other reason.

I hope you are not implying they don't care at all about this particular monster...I may sound naive, but caring about all pokemon should be the top priority in a pokemon game. If we start making favoritism, it's not that different from the official games.

On 2/12/2021 at 6:28 AM, RealMak said:

If they buff Shedinja, they have to give Hydreigon Draco Meteor back

Just happened to stumble upon this comment. And what has one thing to do with another lmao.

Shedinja barely ever saw any usage in pvp, while draco hydra was one of the most one turn dominant pokemons we ever had pvp wise, which is where he is relevant.

Thank you razimove!

Hydreigon is a top OU contender even without Draco Meteor.

What is left to Shedinja?

Wonder Guard is its very reason of being.

I can't stress enough how dangerous is this decision.

Gengar gets nasty plot, Shedinja is nerfed into the oblivion.

This change reminds me of what gf did to Talonflame, but it's actually much worse if you look deeper into it.
The bravest bird, at least in gen 7, was still a threat in 3vs3 formats. A mere consolation prize, but still something.
There is nothing left now to Shedinja instead, but being a record in the pokedex.
Simply put, there are too many ways of causing indirect damage to it. It's not a reliable sweeper, never was.

It was a gimmick monster, and robbing it of its reason of being is not very different from not including it at all.

I really hope you reconsider this.

Edited by Satore84
3 hours ago, Satore84 said:

Thank you razimove!

Hydreigon is a top OU contender even without Draco Meteor.

What is left to Shedinja?

Wonder Guard is its very reason of being.

I can't stress enough how dangerous is this decision.

Gengar gets nasty plot, Shedinja is nerfed into the oblivion.

This change reminds me of what gf did to Talonflame, but it's actually much worse if you look deeper into it.
The bravest bird, at least in gen 7, was still a threat in 3vs3 formats. A mere consolation prize, but still something.
There is nothing left now to Shedinja instead, but being a record in the pokedex.
Simply put, there are too many ways of causing indirect damage to it. It's not a reliable sweeper, never was.

It was a gimmick monster, and robbing it of its reason of being is not very different from not including it at all.

The reason behind the nerf is because of PvE and not PvP. The game's AI is stupidly simple and anyone with a brain can use Shedinja to make 90% of the game into a joke.

If Shed's ability is coming back for PvE then the trainers should be a lot harder. If the game detects that you have a shedinja in your team, the trainers will have a new set of teams made to counter it. Then it all boils down to your skill or how well you can predict the system. 

See… Balanced. As all things should be. 

5ane5e.jpg.9ae59addfc86f6e15204c1e641a94d74.jpg

Edited by EricRasp
On 2/12/2021 at 11:58 AM, RealMak said:

If they buff Shedinja, they have to give Hydreigon Draco Meteor back

Actually Even I am not that noob like you... At least think about the consequences before commenting lmao, Use :BRAIN:

2 hours ago, Archiver said:

The reason behind the nerf is because of PvE and not PvP. The game's AI is stupidly simple and anyone with a brain can use Shedinja to make 90% of the game into a joke.

Yes Agreed but still they could've made it harder with rocket helmets and rough skin etc. They just got the quickest way and nerfed the total ability. Made it useless in PvE.

16 hours ago, Satore84 said:

So what's the motivation behind this nerf?

The main reason was to Stop the money inflation through elite four. See we are able to make like 2m-2.5m with shedinja. So they changed the ability. I myself made good money with it. It's still possible to do e4 without shed but after the 6 hours of Cooldown it's not worth it. 

6 hours ago, Satore84 said:

What they did is final. There is barely any hope for shedinja now, The economy of the game is Super amazingly broken and the ways of getting money is getting shorter with each normal updates. Basically it's not what a normal casual player like me would like. Cause the GOALS ARE FCKING HIGH. you need a Flaming Skull ? Huh it's 700m, Oh You need a scythe it's just 150m. Oh you need the candy cane it's just 100m even I'm not sure how broken it's getting day by day and the fact is you can't reach it anymore with 1 account is frustrating.

The game is gud for Old players now who got a decent amount of STONKS. 

That's all I see. PvP grind is not good as well. Only way to stock up some Limited Items and DIE for 3 years and!!! You're Rich now! Yes there is NO CURRENT END GAME GRIND TO REACH A HIGH AMOUNT CASH in a meaningful amount Of time.

Well, I suppose I was wrong and I deserve everything thrown at me, but this is still a relief to me.

I don't like the change, but I can see the reasoning behind it, since it was by far my most valuable member against the E4 a couple years ago, and at least you didn't totally destroy the poor guy.

I admit that I just made the first 2 members of Hoehn E4 and logged out without checking the ability, I was quite confused and in disbelief.

Sorry for the rant, I mean it.

Is there any hope for restoring it in pve only for the battle tower?

It's wasn't really a good choice, but it could be fun.

Peace.

Edited by Satore84
Just now, FighterChamp said:

Actually Even I am not that noob like you... At least think about the consequences before commenting lmao, Use :BRAIN:

Yes Agreed but still they could've made it harder with rocket helmets and rough skin etc. They just got the quickest way and nerfed the total ability. Made it useless in P

you probably realise that i made this comment months now, right? 

Just now, razimove said:

Just happened to stumble upon this comment. And what has one thing to do with another lmao.

Shedinja barely ever saw any usage in pvp, while draco hydra was one of the most one turn dominant pokemons we ever had pvp wise, which is where he is relevant.

this comment was written like months ago, why do you even reply me? I was an idiot back then, i get it

On 5/22/2021 at 7:06 PM, lipe3994 said:

This is the kind of stink that's really souring me on the game. All the fun gets sucked out to protect "the economy". The economy of fake money that's going to collapse in on itself anyway because of money hoarding and a massive divide between providers of goods (farmers, breeders) and consumers (PvPers) in their ability to generate money. Shedninja's whole thing is Wonder Guard. He's not even THAT GOOD. Ruining him just to prevent people from making a paltry amount of money every six hours is stupid.

Edit: Okay, I didn't read the game master's reply, so that's me jumping the gun. Hadn't encountered Shed yet in game so I only had what others said to go on. Still, the criticism of the way the game's economy is fetishized still stands for a lot of other decisions made by the devs. The fact that that this seemed so frustratingly par for the course supports the feeling among players that this is a problem. I say this as someone who actually WANTS to be a farmer/breeder. I don't think non-farmers needs to labor for thousands of hours to be able to afford my shit. Even casuals should be able to obtain things they want sometimes. I'll stay far away from limited vanities STONKS, though. If you can win the game by not playing, then the devs did something wrong. There's a reason most other MMOs don't do things like that with cosmetics.

To put a finer point on what others have said: Pokemmo needs an ACTUAL Endgame, not just "an economy" that exists for its own sake (and the devs' sake I guess, I can't really fault them for trying to make money off their work in among the few ways that they can). And that Endgame (as well as PVP) needs to reward players in ways that put them on a more equal footing with the people who have STONKS. The suppliers have all the power right now, so Endgame and PVP need to reward players with a supply of things that those suppliers want and would be willing to part with their Poke Yen for.

Edited by AnRae