Start playing competitive without getting completely wrecked

Hi guys. I found this game recently and have been very much enjoying it. I beat Kanto and would like to maybe try playing a little competitive here and there. I've seen the tier lists and stuff, but are there any resources you would recommend for learning the meta, which attacks are best, which styles are best, etc? Thanks!

You could join the viability discord, can find the link in the viabilty rank threads. There are often some discussions in there and maybe also some people that can help you further, altho its not really a place for elaborate comp advice its a good way to get acquainted with the metagame you're interested in. Other than that you can also spectate ongoing ladder matches.

24 minutes ago, ThinkNicer said:

You could join the viability discord, can find the link in the viabilty rank threads. There are often some discussions in there and maybe also some people that can help you further, altho its not really a place for elaborate comp advice its a good way to get acquainted with the metagame you're interested in. Other than that you can also spectate ongoing ladder matches.

That actually sounds great. How do I spectate the ladder matches?

2 hours ago, Sickgrof said:

That actually sounds great. How do I spectate the ladder matches?

PvP -> matchmaking signup -> spectate

Also in PvP -> Tournaments you can spectate tournament battles when they're on

I also recommend to check the "statistics" page (found in "Matchmaking signup") to get an overview of the most used Pokemon of each tier when building a team. Having at least 1-2 ways to beat every common Pokemon is a good way to build a competitive team.

Edited by OrangeManiac

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.