Captcha and Shiny Encounter Rate

Sorry for the long post and Thank you in advance for answering :-)

Yesterday I was farming and leveling my meowth via payday and hyper voice at the sea rt 13 unova and it's the first time I got captcha. Then tried surfing at the undella bay to farming and got my second captcha. I've read on this forum about captcha, some people said that it can lowered shiny encounter rate and some people said otherwise. So is it true when getting captcha can lower shiny encounter rate or not?

I'm suck at pvp so I do regym and shunt  mostly. If getting captcha can lower shiny encounter rate maybe I will stop shunting and try something else.:catgun:

Captchas are typically sent manually by a mod.

Here's Kyu's stance on it from five years ago.

It's not exactly confirmed if one or two captchas actually affects your shiny rate though, but this post is the reason it's theorized to do so in the first place.

Though I don't think the 'send captcha' button that the mod has, has a built-in shiny rate decreaser for the recipient.

Did any one that played in like the last 2 or 3 years get a captcha? cause i did not a single time and I never heard someone talking about this since i play.

On the other hand ive been shunting for periods of 7-10 hours straight.

Edit: Is the shiny chance still different for players or is it that 1/30k im used to hear? 

Edited by CaptnBaklava
5 minutes ago, CaptnBaklava said:

Did any one that played in like the last 2 or 3 years get a captcha? cause i did not a single time and I never heard someone talking about this since i play.

On the other hand ive been shunting for periods of 7-10 hours straight.

I think the captcha appearing coz doing payday farming. I didn't get captcha when shunt or thiefing item eventhou it's repetitive.

Just now, Ykydasy said:

I think the captcha appearing coz doing payday farming. I didn't get captcha when shunt or thiefing item eventhou it's repetitive.

i did like 250-300h of payday farming, farming periods of 4-5 hours straight. Still no captcha. Maybe because im chatting in global/teamchat during that.

14 minutes ago, Eggplant said:

Captchas are typically sent manually by a mod.

Here's Kyu's stance on it from five years ago.

It's not exactly confirmed if one or two captchas actually affects your shiny rate though, but this post is the reason it's theorized to do so in the first place.

Though I don't think the 'send captcha' button that the mod has, has a built-in shiny rate decreaser for the recipient.

Thank you,

I've read it and my concern is "how much we think you cheating" on that post. I think I'll never try payday farming anymore and try other  farming method.

43 minutes ago, CaptnBaklava said:

i did like 250-300h of payday farming, farming periods of 4-5 hours straight. Still no captcha. Maybe because im chatting in global/teamchat during that.

Nice to know that. Maybe I was just unlucky yesterday.

Edited by Ykydasy