Should TMs still be used once?

KarlPolice

Question

Long ago I made a post regarding the one time usage of the TMs. Which is everywhere, even in the regions from generations, where they be used infinitely, apperantly.

It received the reply and was locked later.

On 1/29/2021 at 4:10 AM, SecretDjinn said:

Hi there--This change is intended. Infinite usage of TMs would remove a precious money sink for the players as it balances some aspects of the game's economy, for the record these TMs are easy to find throughout the regions as hidden items and even poke marts.

Now, the reason given why they're one time usage, is because of economy in MMO.

Now, I've never seen someone selling TMs, but I do see people gathering them, manually, through game progress. And surprisingly, you lose the one you used.

I also do not know why TMs need to be dragged inside the economy, just to maintain economy.

I think that is somelike toxic.

First of all, here are a few reasons why one time usage is bad:

• When you use it, it goes away. This makes it really bad for people, that are trying to test their pokemon and the attack. It's stupid if because of that it goes to waste. And this can  be repeated multiple times, until you go bankrupt.
  • I believe MMO is great to battle against other players, in a Pokemon Game environment very similar to the original one. To get more advanced you require a good setup of Pokemon and thus have attacks. Now imagine having to setup or test Pokemons with one time usable TMs.
  • Confusions in certain region of generation versions, where they are ment to be infinite.
  • I wonder if there is a TM, that can not be reobtained by any seller or anything else. And if such an item would be sold, the seller needs to buy it from someone else, which is stupid, because like his profile can not get the unique TM anymore, if that even exists.

So yeah, those were reasons.

I think TMs should be changed.

Let me know what you think about it.

Edited by KarlPolice

10 answers to this question

Alot of MMOs including this one, not just in Pokemon btw, focuses on making the players spend a lot of time on the game. That is grind - If the TMs are infinite you wouldn't need to grind money yo get more leading to you playing less time than you would now. 

21 minutes ago, KarlPolice said:

Confusions in certain region of generation versions, where they are ment to be infinite.

The game is considered a single game world it's the same everywhere. I'm sorry for all the players who thought it'd be infinite in unnova. But, I'm pretty certain it says consumable in the description of that item. 

24 minutes ago, KarlPolice said:

I wonder if there is a TM, that can not be reobtained by any seller or anything else. And if such an item would be sold, the seller needs to buy it from someone else, which is stupid, because like his profile can not get the unique TM anymore, if that even exists.

Regional malls have all TMs but, I do think it's Post-E4. Also, it's not advised to buy TMs off of GTL cause they probably won't be cheaper than the price in the shops. 

Regional mall locations - celedon/lilycove/veilstone/R9

6 hours ago, FameCreator said:

Alot of MMOs including this one, not just in Pokemon btw, focuses on making the players spend a lot of time on the game.

I'm highly skeptical about this.

MMO means "massively multiplayer online game", which does not define "grinding at all".

It's MMO and not "grind something that could be left aside from grinding frustration torture whatever the thing"

MMO itsself does not motivate to focus on grinidng, it infact is just a word standing around doing nothing.

7 hours ago, KarlPolice said:

Now, I've never seen someone selling TMs, but I do see people gathering them, manually, through game progress. And surprisingly, you lose the one you used.

I also do not know why TMs need to be dragged inside the economy, just to maintain economy.

Just look at the GTL there are so many TM's and I do buy them there cause im to lazy to fly around.

12 hours ago, KarlPolice said:

I'm highly skeptical about this.

MMO means "massively multiplayer online game", which does not define "grinding at all".

It's MMO and not "grind something that could be left aside from grinding frustration torture whatever the thing"

MMO itsself does not motivate to focus on grinidng, it infact is just a word standing around doing nothing.

I'm sorry but I think you didn't get what I meant. A "MMO" doesn't need to be a game focused on grinding but, I rather said a lot are because they want their player base to last even after they complete all the quests/story whatever you name it. 

And yes, this is one of the money sinks which forces you to grind more - our breeding system is a perfect example of a money sink. 

3 hours ago, FameCreator said:

I'm sorry but I think you didn't get what I meant. A "MMO" doesn't need to be a game focused on grinding but, I rather said a lot are because they want their player base to last even after they complete all the quests/story whatever you name it. 

And yes, this is one of the money sinks which forces you to grind more - our breeding system is a perfect example of a money sink. 

Yeah, I know so. A lot apperantly focus to add grinding in their MMO for player base, or just copy. However I don't recommend it in certain reasons. Compare it with what is doable with Minecraft.

This consumeable TM thing is really annoying for setting up battle Pokemon, but mostly testing the moves. Which is kinda demotivating, however this MMO has players in the first place, so if someone wants to have an advanced battle, they are forced to grind.

Grinding doesn't keep player base, it just delays certain things. What kind of player base is PokeMMO looking for? People that are busy grinding or people that communicate?

Once people achieve the thing they grinded for, it's time to ask, what next?

If someone would be copying PokeMMO and call it PokeMMO2 and change a single thing and offer all stats porting. Perhaps PokeMMO2 will be something good? That's just an example though.

Edited by KarlPolice
1 hour ago, KarlPolice said:

Yeah, I know so. A lot apperantly focus to add grinding in their MMO for player base, or just copy. However I don't recommend it in certain reasons. Compare it with what is doable with Minecraft.

This consumeable TM thing is really annoying for setting up battle Pokemon, but mostly testing the moves. Which is kinda demotivating, however this MMO has players in the first place, so if someone wants to have an advanced battle, they are forced to grind.

Grinding doesn't keep player base, it just delays certain things. What kind of player base is PokeMMO looking for? People that are busy grinding or people that communicate?

Once people achieve the thing they grinded for, it's time to ask, what next?

If someone would be copying PokeMMO and call it PokeMMO2 and change a single thing and offer all stats porting. Perhaps PokeMMO2 will be something good? That's just an example though.

I'm not a fan of grinding too but, I like it the way it is now - cause I just think it'd be a bit too OP if you can just reuse them. At the end of the day, that's just my opinion. Goodluck for you suggestion.

2 hours ago, FameCreator said:

I'm not a fan of grinding too but, I like it the way it is now - cause I just think it'd be a bit too OP if you can just reuse them. At the end of the day, that's just my opinion. Goodluck for you suggestion.

Uhh..., thanks.

And also why would you think it would be too OP? It would be very useful, there isn't really an OP in it, a powerful attack alone, might not be all needed.