GTL Rework

Poufilou

Question

Hi, got a few ideas for a GTL rework to have a better QoL using it, I think the way it is now is great, but the Advanced Search option can be way better with a few changes. 

My idea is to have the possibility to have multiple filters working at the same time. Players spend a lot of time going back and forth the advanced search option and the pokemon list just to make a few changes, like changing egg group, one IV, nature, or gender. If they want to compare prices of multiple possibilities they have for whatever breeding they are up to, they have to remember every prices as they can only have one filter at once. 

MOST IMPORTANT CHANGE : Add a button to minimize the GTL window, just like matchmaking, so you don't have to close it when you don't need it on your screen, and lose everything you entered, and have to do it again. 

It would look like this

- Next to "clear" button, there are multiple "pages" of different advanced searches, I put 4 here but it can be more I guess. You can fill them however you want. 

- I added "31" buttons to automatically enter one IV as 31. I mean, yeah. 

- There can be a possibility of searching a move aswell, by adding somewhere a search bar for a move, just like how it works in PC. 

eCWYaNb.png

The result on the list page can either show all filters at once, or give the possibility to easely switch between different filters, showing a different list. 

Like this

jPWBMnD.png

Or like this

99KUfud.png

It would help greatly every players, the advanced search is the most important tool of GTL and we use it a lot, and it would be awesome having one that fits all of our needs and our usage of it. 

11 answers to this question

On 2/7/2021 at 7:54 AM, Poufilou said:

MOST IMPORTANT CHANGE : Add a button to minimize the GTL window, just like matchmaking, so you don't have to close it when you don't need it on your screen, and lose everything you entered, and have to do it again. 

I fully support this suggestion.

Another idea that may work would simply to be able to have multiple GTL windows open at the same time.

For example, there are times when I need to buy water A male breeders but I open GTL and see dittos being listed for cheap every 30 seconds or so, and I want to keep the GTL window open with the ditto filter on set to lowest price and keep refreshing it and buying quickly when one is listed. While I'm doing that, it's the ONLY thing I can do, but I know that I still need to buy those water A breeders.

In this example, It would be nice to be able to keep 2 windows open at the same time and refresh 1 every so often to scout and quickly buy cheap dittos, while also having another window open for anything else I'm buying at the same time, such as water A breeders.

I don't really see a negative to the ability to have multiple GTL windows open at the same time - especially if we can minimize them as the OP is suggesting. Its such a pain that the filters clear every time we close and re-open GTL.

Any time people bring up changes to the GTL I become apprehensive as usually it enables people to bot a lot better... Right now anything $100 is botted 100% and it's the same with a few other things, I'm scared with changes which make multiple windows, saved filters or whatever else people want implemented it could be really bad for the overall player base due to a few bad apples.

2 hours ago, awkways said:

Another idea that may work would simply to be able to have multiple GTL windows open at the same time.

For example, there are times when I need to buy water A male breeders but I open GTL and see dittos being listed for cheap every 30 seconds or so, and I want to keep the GTL window open with the ditto filter on set to lowest price and keep refreshing it and buying quickly when one is listed. While I'm doing that, it's the ONLY thing I can do, but I know that I still need to buy those water A breeders.

In this example, It would be nice to be able to keep 2 windows open at the same time and refresh 1 every so often to scout and quickly buy cheap dittos, while also having another window open for anything else I'm buying at the same time, such as water A breeders.

I don't really see a negative to the ability to have multiple GTL windows open at the same time - especially if we can minimize them as the OP is suggesting. Its such a pain that the filters clear every time we close and re-open GTL.

I feel like looking at my google chrome when reading this, many tabs on it ~~

1 hour ago, Lvkee said:

Any time people bring up changes to the GTL I become apprehensive as usually it enables people to bot a lot better... Right now anything $100 is botted 100% and it's the same with a few other things, I'm scared with changes which make multiple windows, saved filters or whatever else people want implemented it could be really bad for the overall player base due to a few bad apples.

I will say, during some events I have seen stacks of items listed for $100 and be gone instantly. With THAT many people sniping during an event, I'd say being able to buy all of a 99 stack before anyone can snipe 1, isn't being done by a human. This happens mostly during events where the amount of snipers is up significantly, so to see multiple 99 stacks get insta-bought entirely is extremely questionable.

I know someone who was tossing 99 stacks of quick powder and mail when this was happening, and they were gone instantly too. Leading me to fully believe there's some botting issues.

Edited by EssDeeCee
4 minutes ago, EssDeeCee said:

I will say, during some events I have seen stacks of items listed for $100 and be gone instantly. With THAT many people sniping during an event, I'd say being able to buy all of a 99 stack before anyone can snipe 1, isn't being done by a human. This happens mostly during events where the amount of snipers is up significantly, so to see multiple 99 stacks get insta-bought entirely is extremely questionable.

I know someone who was tossing 99 stacks of quick powder and mail when this was happening, and they were gone instantly too. Leading me to fully believe there's some botting issues.

yup same, they also gone in a few milliseconds. this isnt humanly possible with stacks of items cause of the extra window that pops asking you how many you want to buy

3 minutes ago, Quakkz said:

yup same, they also gone in a few milliseconds. this isnt humanly possible with stacks of items cause of the extra window that pops asking you how many you want to buy

I noticed it mainly seems to happen with the 99 stacks. On occasion I'll see it with maybe 27 of an item getting listed, but nowhere near as often as the full 99 stack disappearing instantly.

And I say this as someone who has made 99.9% of their money off the GTL, and I'm very far from poor.

The only reason I wouldn't support this idea, is if a Dev thinks it will make botting even easier and/or more prevalent. From a QoL standpoint, fantastic idea.

On 27/02/2021 at 9:49 PM, awkways said:

Haven't thought of that possibility, but doable aswell. I dont like it as much as the multiple filters because I personally dont like having too much things on the screen, and as we cant reduce the GTL UI size, it would feel less handy to me to have many windows open. 

Being able to reduce UI scale is also something I'd like to see. On my little laptop, the GTL window takes like 60% of the screen, and that is just too much. I know you can do that through the files, and I've tried it : it becomes blurry. 

On 27/02/2021 at 11:30 PM, Lvkee said:

I'm not really a GTL flipper, but I realized this would be an issue. But at the same time, a GTL rework like this would be an opportunity for devs to find another system that makes botting harder, instead of running after them. The strategy of trying to chase bots is good, but updating and making your system more secure is also an option.

I personally don't really mind that sniping becomes harder / unfair / only doable by botters. It's not like you needed any effort to be the fastest to click on something, and eventually a player will get the thing. There will always be cheaters, and I wouldn't put priority on allowing players to have better chances to snipe something. It doesn't affect the way you enjoy the game - and most of the enjoyment and maybe knowledge required to snipe stuff is not something bots can do, they only act on really cheap stuff that no one would think twice to buy.