Just finished every region according to the walkthrough guide, how should I go about making money?

Let me preface this by saying I have seen the guides, and I have read some of the guides.

I'm aware of popular methods such as Ditto farming, berry farming, rebattling trainers/gyms/E4, payday/heartscale farming, etc.

What I DON'T know is which of these methods is best for a player without well-bred high-level mons that doesn't want to feel like I have to operate on a schedule to play the game (in the case of berry farming potentially).

My immediate goals are to complete the Pokedex, I would like to get a decent/shiny false swipe Smeargle to assist with this, then eventually a decent/shiny Teddiursa for EV farming, then transition into shiny hunting and maybe breeding good mons for rebattle efficiency/PVP.

I very much appreciate the detail that the guides in Guide Tavern go into, but I'm mostly interested in what players' personal experiences have been and what they'd recommend for somebody who might not have many resources available to them beyond fully unlocked regions.

Edited by Bryce
59 minutes ago, Quakkz said:

for a new player i would always recommend to start with rebattling npcs with your story mons - breed 2x31 mons for gymrunning with the money and grind gyms then. After that you can learn berry / ditto farming for example for additional income

Well right now I have about 2 million PokeYen saved up. I have a level 100 Manectric I used for Dicharge horde farming and my Starmie is level 70 with the Surf/Psychic/Thunderbolt/Ice Beam set. Everything else I used for story is in the low 60s or high 50s and not properly EV trained since I mostly just farmed Tentacruel hordes in Hoenn to level my mons once I got the ability to change regions.

I have a bunch of garbage mons I could probably sell on GTL to clear them out. But if I were to follow you recommendations what would you suggest as being my next steps? Considering my goals.

Edited by Bryce
18 minutes ago, Bryce said:

Well right now I have about 2 million PokeYen saved up. I have a level 100 Manectric I used for Dicharge horde farming and my Starmie is level 70 with the Surf/Psychic/Thunderbolt/Ice Beam set. Everything else I used for story is in the low 60s or high 50s and not properly EV trained since I mostly just farmed Tentacruel hordes in Hoenn to level my mons once I got the ability to change regions.

I have a bunch of garbage mons I could probably sell on GTL to clear them out. But if I were to follow you recommendations what would you suggest as being my next steps? Considering my goals.

Money is needed for every goal of yours, you have 2mill now thats a good start - in my opinion get a gymrun team with those 2mill. You would just need 2x31 ivs, so with ev training + level 100 you probably end up at like 200k per Mon, maybe you can even use your manectric to begin with. With those you can grind 400k per day when you do all gyms. You can get some inspiration here for what mons are good for beating gyms:

14 minutes ago, Quakkz said:

Money is needed for every goal of yours, you have 2mill now thats a good start - in my opinion get a gymrun team with those 2mill. You would just need 2x31 ivs, so with ev training + level 100 you probably end up at like 200k per Mon, maybe you can even use your manectric to begin with. With those you can grind 400k per day when you do all gyms. You can get some inspiration here for what mons are good for beating gyms:

Thanks for posting this. I actually read this guide before and couldn't find it, not realizing it was for GYM rebattles whereas I thought it was for E4 rebattles.