Mod development

• 1 year later...

Is there any detailed mod documentation? The official post talks about the basics structure, which is cool, but some modders seem to have more knowledge on how the game actually works.

Take the Shiny&Secret Shiny Alarm Sounds mod by Thekingofglory for example. The way that mod works is by replacing the particle sound effect of shiny mons, "sounds/2/1154.ogg" and "sounds/2/1156.ogg", with any other .ogg audio file, but where are the original files? How did that modder know those were the sounds played when a shiny mon spawns?

In data/resources.zip there is "sounds/10/" so i know what to replace if i wanted to change one of those sounds, but no idea where the rest of the default files are.

Edited by Mirokv
2 hours ago, Mirokv said:

Take the Shiny&Secret Shiny Alarm Sounds mod by Thekingofglory for example. The way that mod works is by replacing the particle sound effect of shiny mons, "sounds/2/1154.ogg" and "sounds/2/1156.ogg", with any other .ogg audio file, but where are the original files? How did that modder know those were the sounds played when a shiny mon spawns?

by using sth, i hard to say, my friend can do this

but here showed you all

Edited by Thekingofglory
1 hour ago, Thekingofglory said:

by using sth, i hard to say, my friend can do this

but here showed you all

with 'sth' do you mean "something"? Thanks for the list, i really need to check more related threads on the forum, maybe i'll find something out. If not, i can always download a bunch of mods and learn from them as much as i can haha

4分钟前,Mirokv 说:

with 'sth' do you mean "something"?

yes

4分钟前,Mirokv 说:

If not, i can always download a bunch of mods and learn from them as much as i can haha

that's a good choice,i do that when im just a noob in customization, but be careful about your memory,

high memory will let your PC/mobile get slower

my computer is a good example lmao

F

11 hours ago, Mirokv said:

Is there any detailed mod documentation?

https://forums.pokemmo.com/index.php?/topic/74035-tutorial-how-to-make-music-mod

contains dump of track ID list (99% accurate, give or take seasonal times.)

Spoiler

image.png.ddaa2e624e834f1e94d91d8c0e9dd593.png

how to package a (follower) sprite mod

https://forums.pokemmo.com/index.php?/topic/150771-docs-localization-files

understanding translation files (strings.)

https://forums.pokemmo.com/index.php?/topic/150659-docs-psa-to-themers-and-modders

rolling lite log of modified files during each update (intended so modder's can maintain their files easier.)

and if you have any questions regarding themes feel free to contact either @realmadrid1809 or me via forums message or Discord.

Edited by nurver9