Team Tournament 2021- January (Saturday 30th)

So if we cry enough will you change this shitty 32 teams thing? I dont get why if pepole fail to read a thread and sign up correctly they get a chance anyways just because they are mad. If this is the way we do things can we just riot to make you go back to what TT should be? 

This is going to be a lot of time consuming and its only to make the kids stop crying. Actually this is really going to set up a bad precedent.

I hope next time ppl bother to read rules

Just now, kiwi said:

So if we cry enough will you change this shitty 32 teams thing? I dont get why if pepole fail to read a thread and sign up correctly they get a chance anyways just because they are mad. If this is the way we do things can we just riot to make you go back to what TT should be? 

This is going to be a lot of time consuming and its only to make the kids stop crying. Actually this is really going to set up a bad precedent.

It's mostly due to certain rules not being correctly explained I think, but no, we will not do 32 teams all the time. I would rather make it flat registration and preliminaries on the registration date.

We have some time before the next TT, I just want this one to be hosted in fair way. 

1 hour ago, kiwi said:

So you can cry about tt being 32 teams but others can’t cry about a signup loss? Hmm 

Edited by Makarovs
32 teams, not players

yoo, don't fucking call out ENIX because you can't read the rules.
This doesn't stop players from just joining before the signups either, so you can't really be saying anything about it specifically unless "double posts" in multiple teams where members are in line-up for each, which is again simple. Agreement with both parties to edit their posts. 

Secondly, are we seriously going to be doing 32 teams? Sounds like a easy way to overkill some less unfortunate prepared players with 1-2 teams only + time consuming. Would love to know what time it is for you when this starts, can tell you its some ungodly hour for myself. :D Rip AEST time zone.

Bear, Only a few months ago they were complaining that teams like sia, nore, etc should only sign up as they deserve it. 
Now they want to allow all teams because some other known teams didn't make the cut? dictatorship at it's finest. 

Personally i don't think it needs any changes for team line up, if you had multiple team staff posting & paid attention to time you should be fine. Better luck next time for those unfortunate, sucks when it happens (can relate from both Enix & previously as OpTc) but allows cheerleading other teams if you don't make it or in this case, joining another if upon agreement.

32 teams means one more round, so how will the score be received for the team tournament of the year?

I estimate it will be:
Round 1: 0 points
Round 2: 2 points
Round 3: 3 points
Semifinal: 4 points
2nd place: 7 points
Champion: 10 points

Or on the other hand:
Round 2: 1 point
Round 3: 2 points

I think that detail has to be clarified before the tournament starts.

Edited by DiosSlurpuff

4 hours ago, Kupokun said:

Secondly, are we seriously going to be doing 32 teams? Sounds like a easy way to overkill some less unfortunate prepared players with 1-2 teams only + time consuming. Would love to know what time it is for you when this starts, can tell you its some ungodly hour for myself. :D Rip AEST time zone.

Bear, Only a few months ago they were complaining that teams like sia, nore, etc should only sign up as they deserve it. 
Now they want to allow all teams because some other known teams didn't make the cut? dictatorship at it's finest. 

The "complaining because team x didn't make it is no the reason for this decision. Its different when a reason for missed or invalid entry is players who haven't read the rules or missed time, and when it's done with a misunderstanding about the rules alone. 

However as for time-consuming- in general, TTs lasted 4+ hours. Lately, we have cut it to around 3,5 which was quite a good time IMO. This adds one hour top and will tell me if we need to move TT backward 1 hour to make preliminaries a thing, or if we need to make them on another day, probably thursday. And I will probably have it on another day.

Is it the best decision? No, I don't think so, but it's probably the most optimal at this moment. It was fair to start to year tho for all teams and next month we will have none of this happening. If the team will make the wrong registration that's their bad. 

As for the time of TT, I understand it's not most convenient for some timezones, but when it ended in the past- especially when they lasted longer-  I usually had 2 hours of sleep and had to go on with a day after it. 

1 hour ago, DiosSlurpuff said:

32 teams means one more round, so how will the score be received for the team tournament of the year?

I estimate it will be:
Round 2: 2 points
Round 3: 3 points

Or on the other hand:
Round 2: 1 point
Round 3: 2 points

I think that detail has to be clarified before the tournament starts.

No, I think we will count it as preliminaries to the tournament. Usually *probably* held at other time, this time *before* the tournament. If we don't want to rely on a time-based system, we will have 1 more fight for a spot.

11 hours ago, kiwi said:

More time for you to sleep

:doge:

4 hours ago, Lvkee said:

Just keep TT’s as they are and increase the prizing plz just sign up faster next time guys lawl. 3k RP output is too low for the biggest monthly tournament :(

The most frustrating part is that it's not enough to distribute between the players that played the whole tournament, it should be a prize for every player that played for the winning team throughout the bracket. It makes no sense for it to only be the finalists

Edited by Zymogen
23 hours ago, Bearminator said:

Creo que se debe principalmente a que ciertas reglas no se explican correctamente, pero no, no haremos 32 equipos todo el tiempo. Prefiero que sea un registro plano y preliminares en la fecha de registro.

Tenemos algo de tiempo antes del próximo TT, solo quiero que este se aloje de manera justa. 

Hello, do not listen to that man, today many of my team had the experience of participating in one and it was fast, the more players live this experience, the more optimal the game will be. I congratulate that they have been enabled for several months and everything is in order, good job and thank you.

Congratulations to [SIÂ] Sic Itur Ad Astra! They have become the very first Champions in 2021! An amazing performance from you, gg!
A shout out to team [CØRË] CoreSeven, who came very close to becoming champions. Good luck in the next tournaments! 

As always a huge thank you towards my refs- @Lin @MPDH @Revz @Sethsen and@BrokenBulb who made this possible.

Even bigger thank you towards all teams that came tonight to share this amazing evening with us. Even with short notice, you turned up and that's why under special circumstances we believe that every point role will receive a +1 bonus, including the normally unpaid round 1.

Thank you a lot of players, you are part of what make this place amazing.

General standings are incoming! 

Nr. Name of the Team Champions 2nd Place Semifinal 3rd round 2nd round 1st round Nr of TT attented Won fights Lost fights Total Points:
1 [SIÂ] Sic Itur Ad Astra 1             12 3 11
2 [CØRË] CoreSeven   1           8 7 8
3 [NORE] NoRematch     1         8 4 5
  [OpTc] Optic     1         8 4 5
5 [BR] Brasil       1       6 3 3
6 [GËÄR] GearsOfTime       1       5 4 3
  [HDLM] SonsOfTheDeath       1       5 4 3
  [PNXS] LosTulachis       1       5 4 3
9 [blüe] BlueRevolution         1     4 2 2
  [läva] läva         1     4 2 2
  [VGC] Vermilion Golden Champions         1     4 2 2
12 [RE] Aogiri RE         1     3 3 2