Team Tournaments 2021- General Thread

This is great, bit random but it's tournaments for you.
Now the question would be : what if we don't reach the amount of teams needed ?

Like, 

9 hours ago, Bearminator said:

February- 1 team guaranted- 30 teams registration for 15 spots

there will certainly not be 30 teams that register this time around (even tho I'd love if this was the case), how do we chose which teams get a bye and which teams don't among the teams that registered ? Using the ranking ? Choosing them randomly ? Using registration time ?

I still feel using ranking would be better for everyone (even the lower ranked teams, cause they get a better chance to face an opponent they can actually beat to qualify for TT), but it would also make sense if any of the other solutions were to be picked :)

Edited by TohnR
18 minutes ago, TohnR said:

Like, 

there will certainly not be 30 teams that register this time around (even tho I'd love if this was the case), how do we chose which teams get a bye and which teams don't among the teams that registered ? Using the ranking ? Choosing them randomly ? Using registration time ?

I still feel using ranking would be better for everyone (even the lower ranked teams, cause they get a better chance to face an opponent they can actually beat to qualify for TT), but it would also make sense if any of the other solutions were to be picked :)

That's something we need to choose solution for. In that case we can go each month to lowest amount of teams that would need to fight one round - aka giving guaranted spots (with how much depending on the number of teams that register) to higher rank team, leaving enough teams to fight for rest of spots.

Like February: if we have 24 teams registered for remaining 15 spots (one taken by champions), we can simply give 6 spots to highest teams, which means 9 free spots remains and 18 teams to fight for them in just one round.

This would be real issue only for first months, as more and more spots will be guaranted. 

ofc this might be a bit chaotic for some new teams, but if we will go with this solution, we will translate all rules. On another hand, it gives more importance to general standings. 

14 hours ago, Thenavarro said:

when is the registration?

Due to end of season tournaments, we will have postponed TT this month.

Registration will happen on Thursday, the 1st of April,

and tournament on Friday, 2nd April.

Every 3 months we will have to put TT somewhere else than standard date, and we will be more flexible in future, but this month we can't really put it anywhere else for various reasons. 

Also thread gonna be up soon to include this information

15 minutes ago, Bearminator said:

Due to end of season tournaments, we will have postponed TT this month.

Registration will happen on Thursday, the 1st of April,

and tournament on Friday, 2nd April.

Every 3 months we will have to put TT somewhere else than standard date, and we will be more flexible in future, but this month we can't really put it anywhere else for various reasons. 

Also thread gonna be up soon to include this information

Due to the date changes, will the Pokémon which have changed tiers due to monthly usage be applied? (e.g. Azumarill from UU to NU)

Edited by Imperial
2 minutes ago, Imperial said:

Due to the date changes, will the Pokémon which have changed tiers due to monthly usage be applied? (e.g. Azumarill from UU to NU)

We usually didn't allow this if chance happened like a day before repeated tournaments, I believe going with the pre-change rules will be best for March TT. I will for sure make it clear for everyone in the thread and contact captains just in case as well after registration.