Unregulated market prices

kokinoris

Question

Guys, I'm tired of explaining to people in-game how the market of breeders works. Someone every 2-3 hours is selling a 31stat breeder 4000 cheaper than the cheapest one in that egg group. The next one sees the lowest price and sells 2000 lower than him, ruining the market.half of the egg groups now have 31breeders at 1000 coins, taking away from others the opportunity to make money off of selling. The population on the server is growing. PLEASE regulate the prices or AT LEAST FORCE A MINIMUM SELLING PRICE for breeders.

Edited by kokinoris

9 answers to this question

6 hours ago, kokinoris said:

Guys, I'm tired of explaining to people in-game how the market of breeders works. Someone every 2-3 hours is selling a 31stat breeder 4000 cheaper than the cheapest one in that egg group. The next one sees the lowest price and sells 2000 lower than him, ruining the market.half of the egg groups now have 31breeders at 1000 coins, taking away from others the opportunity to make money off of selling. The population on the server is growing. PLEASE regulate the prices or AT LEAST FORCE A MINIMUM SELLING PRICE for breeders.

those are rare cases, and the market regulates itself. if anyone posts mons with that price, that listings will be gone in seconds, returning to the previous standard price, so dont worry

10 hours ago, kokinoris said:

Just Search a 1x31 and 2x25+ Breeder in GTL, I think Your eyes will burn after seeing the cost.

13 hours ago, EssDeeCee said:

Then there's more supply than demand and the price goes down.

The fact this has to be explained all the time is astounding.

i'm an economist,no need to explain anything to me :P  i'm not talking about the case when there's more supply than demand.i'm talking about when someone sells too cheap and then the next one sees the cheapest breeder and sells 2000 below that price,and all of a sudden there are 2 pages of underpriced breeders,skipping all inbetween prices. for example,31hp breeders of a specific egg group cost 10k. someone puts up 4 breeders at 7.5k,next one sells another 4 pokemon at 5k,and all of a sudden there are 2 pages of 7.5k and 5k breeders,when there's space for someone to sell  at 9.9k ,9.8k etc.the regulation i'm talking about refers to that. to prevent someone from selling at such a low price

The matter with the Pokemmo GTL is very simple, and it's that practically all breeders for sale are products of luck.

The market never regulates itself. The thing with a market (generalizing) is that people put things up for sale according to the work applied in their production.

I.E. if a car is worth so many millions it is not because someone thought it was cool to to sell it at that price, it was that it cost to produce it. But things like individual breeders don't require any work, just luck.

I can spend a whole hour looking for breeders and not finding anything, and another guy can find 5 in a row in half a minute. How and who determines that value? In a market nobody tells you how much money to sell things for, you decide. I can sell my 6x0 magikarp for 40 millions and nobody can tell me anything, not even the guy who would buy it. If I have been very lucky with breeders, I sell them as I want.

This is how monopolies actually work, a giant like Coke/Coca-Cola produces so much soda and distributes it in so many countries that is capable of monopolize the market, not just deciding how much soft drinks should be sold for, but absorb or destroy your competition. Something similar happens in pokemmo, lucky people monopolize the market. Adam Smith, who was the greatest philosopher of capitalism, said that the market was regulated by an 'invisible hand', he was an idealist. Something that doesn't happen in real life. Less in a game where we get everything according to a probability.

Post credits and words is from a teammate, the dearly Fresita66.

10 hours ago, kokinoris said:

i'm an economist,no need to explain anything to me :P  i'm not talking about the case when there's more supply than demand.i'm talking about when someone sells too cheap and then the next one sees the cheapest breeder and sells 2000 below that price,and all of a sudden there are 2 pages of underpriced breeders,skipping all inbetween prices. for example,31hp breeders of a specific egg group cost 10k. someone puts up 4 breeders at 7.5k,next one sells another 4 pokemon at 5k,and all of a sudden there are 2 pages of 7.5k and 5k breeders,when there's space for someone to sell  at 9.9k ,9.8k etc.the regulation i'm talking about refers to that. to prevent someone from selling at such a low price

This is called price discovery. Someone who doesn't value it as highly as you do lists it cheaply to sell it, and if someone else values it more than that they will buy it. This isn't a problem, and if your items aren't selling, you've priced them too high. Buyers and sellers aren't always equal forces, sometimes prices wax and wane for seemingly no reason.

If they're as cheap as you suggest, you should be buying them and relisting them to take advantage of their lack of patience compared to yours.