[GUI] PokeMMO UI Redesign Concept

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 12/10/2021 at 8:51 PM, starnacle said:

@AnonymousPoke  @nurver9

so to start off i never meant to offend you guys at all, i think this was just a big misunderstanding honestly. i started this concept because i loved pokemon when i was a kid, then me and lacei found this game and it was really fun to play. but i really didn't like looking at the UI lol. i'm a UI/UX designer and i've done stuff like this before in the past with music players and websites where i'd just completely redesign them for fun and never done anything with it. the projects would just sit on my computer because i legit just do them as time wasters, i personally think its pretty fun to have little projects like this. it was completely just for fun and i would've never posted it anywhere if it wasn't for lacei encouraging me to put it on the forums. then from there in my head i was like "wow i made something pretty cool here maybe this can actually be in the game one day". then i kid you not i worked on making the theme in game for 2 hours and just stopped because i didn't like the framework lol. i'm big on web developing and i love doing html, css, js projects. making the theme in game just wasn't fun for me at all, which was the whole point i started this to just have fun. on top of that i had just started college and i was very busy with work so i definitely drifted far from this entirely and i don't know if you can tell but i'm pretty introverted, i've never written one thing myself entirely on this form (besides this post lol) because i'm not really a good writer haha. lacei was a big help on that part. i had so many ideas about the ui functionality and im not going to lie i just didn't know how to implement them in the actual game haha. so i'm sorry if i gave off the vibes that this was ever gonna become a "theme" or whatever in the actual game because realistically i never intended for it to be. but regardless i'm glad the concept inspired you to work on Exemplar, i haven't fully checked it out but it looks like you guys are doing big things and i hope it goes far! i know i couldn't do anything close to that, and that's why i started working on the web page with all the ideas i had in mind for my concept because i'm pretty knowledgeable in web development. i really like working on it, and every month or so i come back to the web page just to play around with it for fun. hopefully i can use it in my portfolio one day! haha but again i'm sorry for this misunderstanding and good luck to you guys. ?

Hey there! So, I just wanted to clear the air about something. I posted a concept on this forum for a redesign of a game's user interface. I never meant to offend anyone, and I think there might have been some misunderstanding. The truth is, I'm a big fan of the game and have been playing it with my friend Lacey. As a UI/UX designer, I thought it would be fun to redesign the UI, something I've done in the past with other projects just for fun. I never intended for it to be taken seriously, but Lacey encouraged me to post it here. To be honest, I only worked on the theme in-game for a couple of hours before getting bored with it. I prefer web development, and I find it more fun to work on HTML, CSS, and JS projects. I had so many ideas about the UI functionality, but I didn't know how to implement them in the actual game. I'm not the best writer either, so Lacey helped me out with that part. I'm pretty introverted, and I don't usually post on this forum. I had hoped that the concept would inspire others, but I never intended for it to become a theme or anything like that. I'm actually in college and pretty busy with work, so I haven't had much time to work on it lately.  By the way you can check here some new ways to improve your grades if it is needed.  Anyway, I'm glad that my concept inspired you to work on your project, Exemplar. I haven't had a chance to check it out yet, but it looks like you're doing big things! I hope it goes far, and I'm happy to hear that my concept helped inspire you. As for me, I'm still playing around with my web page for the concept. I like working on it, and I might even use it in my portfolio one day. But for now, it's just a fun project for me to work on when I have some free time. So, again, sorry for any confusion, and good luck with your project!

Edited by ConnieM
1 hour ago, ConnieM said:

Hey there! So, I just wanted to clear the air about something. I posted a concept on this forum for a redesign of a game's user interface. I never meant to offend anyone, and I think there might have been some misunderstanding. The truth is, I'm a big fan of the game and have been playing it with my friend Lacey. As a UI/UX designer, I thought it would be fun to redesign the UI, something I've done in the past with other projects just for fun. I never intended for it to be taken seriously, but Lacey encouraged me to post it here. To be honest, I only worked on the theme in-game for a couple of hours before getting bored with it. I prefer web development, and I find it more fun to work on HTML, CSS, and JS projects. I had so many ideas about the UI functionality, but I didn't know how to implement them in the actual game. I'm not the best writer either, so Lacey helped me out with that part. I'm pretty introverted, and I don't usually post on this forum. I had hoped that the concept would inspire others, but I never intended for it to become a theme or anything like that. I'm actually in college and pretty busy with work, so I haven't had much time to work on it lately. Anyway, I'm glad that my concept inspired you to work on your project, Exemplar. I haven't had a chance to check it out yet, but it looks like you're doing big things! I hope it goes far, and I'm happy to hear that my concept helped inspire you. As for me, I'm still playing around with my web page for the concept. I like working on it, and I might even use it in my portfolio one day. But for now, it's just a fun project for me to work on when I have some free time. So, again, sorry for any confusion, and good luck with your project!

People take things to seriously, what would you expect for someone that gets offended by a w.i.p.

...chill, and thanks for the cool project maybe some day the devs actually do something at least 1% of was this tried to be

peace ✌️

1 hour ago, budadeth said:

People take things to seriously, what would you expect for someone that gets offended by a w.i.p.

...chill, and thanks for the cool project maybe some day the devs actually do something at least 1% of was this tried to be

peace ✌️

Buda, I just want to clear the air amongst many other things that have gone on in the PokeMMO forums. 

I completely agree with you. The redesign project was an amazing idea from the original creators and quite honestly a very cool concept that no one has ever attempted at the time. I truly hope the PokeMMO Devs do take some aspects of the original redesign concept and incorporate it into what we know and love... PokeMMO. I believe the issue that came into play was communication behind closed doors where myself and @nurver9 took this amazing redesign project/idea and elevated it to the next level. I will forever give the redesign concept its full credit and that is what is correct. As mentioned, there were some exchange with words behind closed doors (via PM) and this lead to some unexpected words that just didn't sit nice with myself and Nurver. At that point, we decided to FULLY branch off and put our own spin onto what you now know as "Archetype". That in a nutshell is what happened. No more, no less and has nothing to do with people taking things seriously. Just facts.

So to summarize. I have massive respect for the original content creators of the redesign and what they wanted to achieve and I will forever stand by that statement. May the community continue to push the boundaries in the client customization area :)

9 minutes ago, AnonymousPoke said:

Buda, I just want to clear the air amongst many other things that have gone on in the PokeMMO forums. 

I completely agree with you. The redesign project was an amazing idea from the original creators and quite honestly a very cool concept that no one has ever attempted at the time. I truly hope the PokeMMO Devs do take some aspects of the original redesign concept and incorporate it into what we know and love... PokeMMO. I believe the issue that came into play was communication behind closed doors where myself and @nurver9 took this amazing redesign project/idea and elevated it to the next level. I will forever give the redesign concept its full credit and that is what is correct. As mentioned, there were some exchange with words behind closed doors (via PM) and this lead to some unexpected words that just didn't sit nice with myself and Nurver. At that point, we decided to FULLY branch off and put our own spin onto what you now know as "Archetype". That in a nutshell is what happened. No more, no less and has nothing to do with people taking things seriously. Just facts.

So to summarize. I have massive respect for the original content creators of the redesign and what they wanted to achieve and I will forever stand by that statement. May the community continue to push the boundaries in the client customization area 🙂

I'm not sure who is being referred to as being "mad at a work in progress", however-

I would also like to clarify there is no issues or grudges with anyone- just because we did not collaborate with star or lacey, did not mean it wasn't their idea, or that they were not credited for it.

We never reused anyone's assets, everything we have put into Archetype has been custom made by one or all of it's three contributors.

Extensive development history can be viewed on GitHub, as well as our attributions which credit star: https://github.com/ssjshields/archetype/blob/stable/.github/ATTRIBUTIONS.md

image.png.c12cc5b717c448cd135cd804c3f8ac65.png

image.png.0b673d866ee8bfac4a8cf187300e13fa.png

We're very well aware of our roots, and where we are today we could of never been without this thread, it is where I met @AnonymousPoke and in turn we met @realmadrid1809 who has helped take the theme to new levels with customization options, animations, dynamically tinting windows and more using custom TWL code and "framework".

Unfortunately the game uses an archaic UI library and other styling languages don't translate at all into the game. What some users may not realize is that the contributors for this project spent months upon months researching TWL, attempting to understand it and potentially restore the jnlp editor. (Due to lost dependencies and servers this is impossible.) There's a boat load of factors that go into modifying this game under the hood.

Anyways, we've also met hundreds of great users throughout the forums and Discord, started our own Counter utility and even had the project covered by streamers.

We are glad to hear from you and wish you the best luck in your endeavors. This project has inspired us to create many different pieces of content for the game and to help many others with theming or fixing their own clients.

If we could go back, I would of chosen some words more carefully and swapped to using Discord and GitHub earlier, collaborating with more than two people and via forums PM is actual nightmare material.

• 4 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Doniflox said:

This entire topic is a joke. I waited several months to learn that it was a concept and not an actual theme.

No offense, but read the third paragraph on the OP post (which also has never been edited). Also the thread title. Thankfully @nurver9 (as they linked above) made this concept come to fruition. There are still a lot of limitations (like not being able to change the battle background), but it's a really good implementation of this concept nontheless.

18 hours ago, Doniflox said:

This entire topic is a joke. I waited several months to learn that it was a concept and not an actual theme.

Bro its sais on the title CONCEPT 

Sorry to hear you dont know what a concept is or mean, gladly for you some people tried to acchieve it so dont get mad lol its just a theme man

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
9 minutes ago, Fourthy said:

I read all of his updates but 2 years later it looks like he gave up working on it. Big sad, this is a really beautiful concept.

well, the GUI of the game change a lot with every new update.
It's understarstandable that this proyect it's getting delayed.