[GUI] PokeMMO UI Redesign Concept

7 hours ago, Emblemious said:

He said it doesn't even exist and that this whole thread is lies. You just proved its real with that comment. 

The point that was made from @nurver9 original recent comment in this thread, this is and as far as we can tell will only ever truly be concept art. I did in fact create a GUI based on the concept images in this original thread. I removed it due to the theme becoming outdated and I did not want a broken build available in this thread.

This community needs to keep a close eye on the customization area as "we" are about to release something very interesting.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@AnonymousPoke  @nurver9

so to start off i never meant to offend you guys at all, i think this was just a big misunderstanding honestly. i started this concept because i loved pokemon when i was a kid, then me and lacei found this game and it was really fun to play. but i really didn't like looking at the UI lol. i'm a UI/UX designer and i've done stuff like this before in the past with music players and websites where i'd just completely redesign them for fun and never done anything with it. the projects would just sit on my computer because i legit just do them as time wasters, i personally think its pretty fun to have little projects like this. it was completely just for fun and i would've never posted it anywhere if it wasn't for lacei encouraging me to put it on the forums. then from there in my head i was like "wow i made something pretty cool here maybe this can actually be in the game one day". then i kid you not i worked on making the theme in game for 2 hours and just stopped because i didn't like the framework lol. i'm big on web developing and i love doing html, css, js projects. making the theme in game just wasn't fun for me at all, which was the whole point i started this to just have fun. on top of that i had just started college and i was very busy with work so i definitely drifted far from this entirely. and i don't know if you can tell but i'm pretty introverted, i've never written one thing myself entirely on this form (besides this post lol) because i'm not really a good writer haha. lacei was a big help on that part. i had so many ideas about the ui functionality and im not going to lie i just didn't know how to implement them in the actual game haha. so i'm sorry if i gave off the vibes that this was ever gonna become a "theme" or whatever in the actual game because realistically i never intended for it to be. but regardless i'm glad the concept inspired you to work on Exemplar, i haven't fully checked it out but it looks like you guys are doing big things and i hope it goes far! i know i couldn't do anything close to that, and that's why i started working on the web page with all the ideas i had in mind for my concept because i'm pretty knowledgeable in web development. i really like working on it, and every month or so i come back to the web page just to play around with it for fun. hopefully i can use it in my portfolio one day! haha but again i'm sorry for this misunderstanding and good luck to you guys. ?

@starnacle It was and still a good concept, don't worry about people, they tend to make drama and get offended by minor things, or get picky, nowadays when internet it's mostly common everywhere and critizise dosnt need much effort it's pretty easy to have people going rumbling about things they don't even concern

@xJoseee can moderate this thread please?

it's full offtopic going on

On 20/1/2021 at 0:30, starnacle said:

Hi there,

As you can tell by the title I have recently been working on a UI Redesign Concept for PokeMMO. I have a lot of previous graphic design experience, and one of the fields I enjoy working on the most is GUI design. I really enjoy PokeMMO, however at times I feel that the UI can be frustrating to navigate, and although the current UI does fit with the game pretty well. I feel like it could be a lot more modernized, clean and generally more optimized for ease of access and better appearance, which is what I have attempted to do here.

I first thought about making a theme, however after looking into it and reading some forum posts I realized that it would restrict a lot of what I was hoping to change, so I decided to make a full-blown concept instead for a new more engaging and pleasing UI.

I would like to clarify that this is NOT a theme/mod

It is only a concept and at the moment there is no way to FULLY implement this into the game. I am considering making a theme or possibly a mod that allows for the complete changes and additions I have made to be included properly, however that would take some time and research so I decided to get some feedback from the community first.  

Below are some of the screenshots of the concept UI as well as comparisons (mine on the left) with the current UI being used in the game. (I am in no way criticizing the current UI) however I do believe some things could be changed and optimized for a more user-friendly clean experience. The current UI does an amazing job at sticking with the classic retro Pokémon look, but in my opinion PokeMMO is growing into a more vast and complex game that incorporates the classic feeling of the original Pokémon games and also that of an amazing MMO and believe the UI should also branch towards that. 

Feel free to look through the screenshots, the UI is not fully completed and a lot of things are still in the works, (such as a Login Screen, Store Menu, Breeding Menu and more.)

This is what I have completed so far; 

• Resumen de Pokémon
  • Inventario de personajes / bolsa
  • Hotbar / Barras de herramientas 
  • Vínculo comercial global
  • Tarjeta de entrenador
  • Caja de depósito para PC 
  • Barra de fiesta
  • Ventana de chat
  • Minimapa (nuevo)
  • Pantalla superior izquierda
  • Pantalla de batalla

Agradecería cualquier comentario / sugerencia u opinión general de la comunidad y hágame saber qué le gustaría ver para conceptos futuros.

Rediseño completo

aXxgOHc.png

qmLTUcz.png

Pantalla de batalla

QgxVRFC.png

image.thumb.png.35509a879ee92683729b2ba0c7ab167d.png

bI8uhrS.png

Resumen de Pokémon

5MgIbRb.png   24wr4pU.png

Inventario de personajes / bolsa

WsKOWfn.png   saChzFf.png

Tarjeta de entrenador

image.png.086bdeb9f3bf2fa60a39c3ecd0fc6287.png   FGfy5zC.png

Caja de depósito para PC

image.png.275a883bf27cd96825bb3d4718e0ff2f.png

nAbHmxZ.png

Barra de fiesta

image.png.edca600f8dbd08d916eaad53f32e396b.png   gPxgQND.png

Hotbar

image.png.00b5d1d54f3a63cca77a959be72ed3e2.png   yKZCS6X.png

Barra de herramientas

image.png.9df243febcdb1f66b0f797c0ad884f5e.png   x71gczF.png

Ventana de chat

image.png.9fc45ac791a2fbab343edd12cdf473fa.png   ZUj2qfy.png

Minimapa (nuevo)

image.png.55888a3afa033fe99f691a12bef615d0.png

Pantalla superior izquierda

image.png.0c5827684df15d8f30857ba2c01a18b5.png   5p12pkL.png

Vínculo comercial global

image.png.a0c47c38c47ea0fc5f60caa744bd927d.png

UJgQhCp.png

También debo decir que la interfaz de usuario del concepto en este momento usa un acento azul, pero lo haría personalizable por el usuario para una variedad de colores (incluido el oscuro). También estoy considerando crear una especie de página web que muestre la interfaz de usuario completa y permita a los usuarios interactuar con ella como lo harían en el juego, esto ayudaría a mostrar los cambios que hice detrás de escena junto con animaciones y cualquier nueva actualización que realice. , avíseme si eso es algo que le interese.

¡Gracias por leer!

donde ta link de descarga ?

• 1 month later...

why build a theme and not share it ? as far as I can see, its pretty much done in like 95% or something like that. I would really enjoy using this theme, hope the theme owner change his/her mind and share it with us. Nice job, pretty clean. I dont like the HP blue bar though, I think it should keep being green like always, otherwise if it doesnt change colors its hard to tell the remaining HP percentage, the green, yellow, and red colors helps with that, and if you use blue with yellow and red or some other colors it is not the same and kinda looks weird. I like playing pvp, and that aspects kinda concerns me. 

Edited by xjamesmememesx
2 hours ago, xjamesmememesx said:

why build a theme and not share it ? as far as I can see, its pretty much done in like 95% or something like that. I would really enjoy using this theme, hope the theme owner change his/her mind and share it with us. Nice job, pretty clean. I dont like the HP blue bar though, I think it should keep being green like always, otherwise if it doesnt change colors its hard to tell the remaining HP percentage, the green, yellow, and red colors helps with that, and if you use blue with yellow and red or some other colors it is not the same and kinda looks weird. I like playing pvp, and that aspects kinda concerns me. 

What you see are just static images, it's not the actual game, this wasnt done yet, it's not like they don't want to share something silly like a theme 

34 minutes ago, budadeth said:

What you see are just static images, it's not the actual game, this wasnt done yet, it's not like they don't want to share something silly like a theme 

at first thats what I thought, but if you look at the beggining of the conversation, the first person who made the post posted videos and stuff, but I might be wrong I dunno.

15 minutes ago, xjamesmememesx said:

at first thats what I thought, but if you look at the beggining of the conversation, the first person who made the post posted videos and stuff, but I might be wrong I dunno.

Yes but those are made on video software or something it's not in the actual game, it's meant to show the idea of the concept

• 2 months later...