[GUI] PokeMMO UI Redesign Concept

13 minutes ago, nurver9 said:

Top left window alternate:
image.png.fcdd3c12ee929f59f80a7298d5eddee2.png

Ohhhh! I quite like that pokeball background. Really like.

So yeah... I found the area where the buttons are referenced in battle which correspond with the text as well. Basically, you have to create 4 individual definitions in the init.xml to keep it from using all of the "shared" areas and then change the referenced theme in battle.xml to one of the 4 you just created in the init.xml. I then created an "overlay" image on each one in the init.xml definitions and below is the outcome of this. I am quite pleased with it ? 

(The icons are just used for referenced to display the example of what is now possible)

image.png.8b28ce43286c3f6dcaa004f92dc754ba.png

Now, just need to combine this with what you have done ? I am sure I could easily remove the additional text below like you have done, I just don't feel like doing at the moment. lol.

15 minutes ago, AnonymousPoke said:

Ohhhh! I quite like that pokeball background. Really like.

So yeah... I found the area where the buttons are referenced in battle which correspond with the text as well. Basically, you have to create 4 individual definitions in the init.xml to keep it from using all of the "shared" areas and then change the referenced theme in battle.xml to one of the 4 you just created in the init.xml. I then created an "overlay" image on each one in the init.xml definitions and below is the outcome of this. I am quite pleased with it ? 

(The icons are just used for referenced to display the example of what is now possible)

image.png.8b28ce43286c3f6dcaa004f92dc754ba.png

Now, just need to combine this with what you have done ? I am sure I could easily remove the additional text below like you have done, I just don't feel like doing at the moment. lol.

Very neat!!! While we are at it, is it possible to fix the battle buttons themselves? They are 1 pixel shorter on the right side compared to move button icons. (Kind of leaving this bit here to remind myself.)

I'm going to continuously work on "tidying" up my edits, the goal being to make it look as close to OP's original vision as possible, maybe a few changes here and there depending on limitations- but keeping true to the minimalistic design.

Alternate Trainer Card WIP:
image.png.faedaf03c5c482cfdd0ac0bf6a6d5ba5.png

Edited by nurver9
11 minutes ago, nurver9 said:

Very neat!!! While we are at it, is it possible to fix the battle buttons themselves? They are 1 pixel shorter on the right side compared to move button icons. (Kind of leaving this bit here to remind myself.)

I'm going to continuously work on "tidying" up my edits, the goal being to make it look as close to OP's original vision as possible, maybe a few changes here and there depending on limitations- but keeping true to the minimalistic design.

Alternate Trainer Card WIP:
image.png.faedaf03c5c482cfdd0ac0bf6a6d5ba5.png

Actually, just fixed the 1 pixel issue on the attack buttons to match the fight/bag/poke/run buttons ? 

Yeah, that is the entire goal of this redesign concept theme brought to life, to keep it original and as close to what was posted. There are many changes that I want to make, but I have to put aside my personal feel and go with what the concept theme calls for.

Really love the trainer card edit as well!

2 hours ago, JaredNattyDaddyTKL said:

can us 3 communicate on a discord group? so its easier to share ideas and wip

Yes I agree. I would enjoy collaborating on this with you guys. Feel free to add me.

Edited by nurver9
7 minutes ago, JaredNattyDaddyTKL said:

can us 3 communicate on a discord group? so its easier to share ideas and wip

You know my stance on this. lol. I am happy to do DM's on the PokeMMO (Which we can do 3 way conversations as well), as I like to keep this type of customization on here and I also do not use Discord nor have any desire.

3 minutes ago, Janzelft said:

I downloaded it again, unzipped it and placed it in the folder but when I tried to use it I get the error I showed... I don't understand why it happens, I installed it like all my themes.

Since this was a personal edit by Jared, there could be an incompatibility issue with your language which is causing it to crash. It was mentioned some bugs were known, so this could be the potential problem.

41 minutes ago, JaredNattyDaddyTKL said:

whatre you in the process of changing, fixing adding?

It is literally a massive changelog list at this point. Think of it this way, v1 was to bring the GUI theme to life. v1.1 and v1.2 were to fix bug problems. Now... v2 will look to perfect the entire Concept theme to completion ? 

I will look to add the massive changelog before post the new release.

On 9/5/2021 at 10:01 PM, AnonymousPoke said:

You think it is beautiful now.. you have no idea how much more we have pushed this Concept theme that will be coming out in this soon update... ? 

I am curious what ways you were able to push this UI within the limitations of XML. From a coding point of view it would be very easy to do many of the things requested here in CSS, SASS, Bootstrap, etc.. Were you able to get additional plugins or stylesheets to reference without error?

10 minutes ago, JDChaos said:

I am curious what ways you were able to push this UI within the limitations of XML. From a coding point of view it would be very easy to do many of the things requested here in CSS, SASS, Bootstrap, etc.. Were you able to get additional plugins or stylesheets to reference without error?

No, it is more manipulation within the restrictions of XML that we have pushed what "could" be possible. A lot of trial and error with this and that... essentially adding in additional or new lines of XML syntax/strings to achieve what we want, on top of custom backgrounds and overlays go a long way.

Unless they update the engine with the GUI capabilities, we are still very restricted on what can be done unfortunately. But, I think the community will be very pleased with where the collaboration has taken us ? 

In terms of GUI theme creation, I would not be shocked if most themes are based on this v2 that will be coming out soon - It is that significant of a change.

6 hours ago, JDChaos said:

From a coding point of view it would be very easy to do many of the things requested here in CSS, SASS, Bootstrap, etc.. Were you able to get additional plugins or stylesheets to reference without error?

Unfortunately due to hardcoded limitations, specifically how the data & assets are pulled from the ʳᵒᵐˢ, there's some changes that just aren't possible. 

There is a lot you could "theoretically achieve", however these edits are either: flat out ignored and won't work OR the game fails to launch entirely.

There is very limited documentation on the game due to the nature of it's on-going development.. 
If you have anything relevant to the game itself, it would be appreciated.. I personally have not found much at all.

Not to talk highly of ourselves, but I think as AnonymousPoke stated above:

6 hours ago, AnonymousPoke said:

In terms of GUI theme creation, I would not be shocked if most themes are based on this v2 that will be coming out soon - It is that significant of a change.

I don't think there is a single (publicly available) theme that modifies as many elements as this version has.

It's a huge possibility that this update will be used as a "learning tool" for others to base their themes off of, and I am curious to see what other forks of this project come out. As for any inquiries about changes, I am sure that people will be taking a look at the files, and can figure these aforementioned features & limitations for themselves. It's honestly a plethora of information.

The GUI as a whole has been reworked, I think every file/ image has seen changes. Using entirely new graphical resources & bit of creativity along with dozens of tweaks, we're essentially "tricking" the game into achieving the desired outcome of the original concept for this project.

Edited by nurver9