[GUI] PokeMMO UI Redesign Concept

The theme is amazing but I was missing something. I decided to add something from myself. More precisely, the background behind the pokemon depends on the type of pokemon. I missed just such a background. It was enough to modify 3 files. More precisely, I combine two files into one.
image.thumb.png.b4ecc86a9c27d97394ed3b8f27060478.png

The background is from another theme that I just liked. 
Link to the original :
 [GUI] Clean GUI Themes! - Client Customization - PokeMMO

Edited by Przemix
1 hour ago, Przemix said:

主题很棒,但我错过了一些东西。我决定添加一些我自己的东西。更准确地说,口袋妖怪背后的背景取决于口袋妖怪的类型。我错过了这样的背景。修改3个文件就够了。更准确地说,我将两个文件合二为一。 背景来自我喜欢的另一个主题。  原文链接:  [GUI] Clean GUI Themes!- 客户端定制 - PokeMMO

It looks great!

5 hours ago, Przemix said:

The theme is amazing but I was missing something. I decided to add something from myself. More precisely, the background behind the pokemon depends on the type of pokemon. I missed just such a background. It was enough to modify 3 files. More precisely, I combine two files into one.

The background is from another theme that I just liked. 
Link to the original :
 [GUI] Clean GUI Themes! - Client Customization - PokeMMO

I think it looks cool! But, I definitely do not want to start eidting the theme concept with other theme ideas/components... even though it will look nice. I definitely want to this concept theme at its core original.

But as mentioned, looks nice and more power to you for editing the theme for personal use ? 

I am now finally done with this update! I have made significant changes, but have only outlined them more as generic in the v1.2 update. They are all good changes and I think everyone will enjoy this hopeful last update need for the redesign concept theme. All download links have been updated to v1.2. Enjoy!

v1.2 - Update

- Added Small HUD design into theme (I only ever used the Non Small HUD)
- Made changes to chat box to better match theme + minor adjustments to chat font color 
- Changed the behavior of item buttons in item bag to indicate when hovering over them
- Fixed Chinese language issue within the Pokémon Summary
- Reverted back some changes with Battle GUI + made changes to provide a better feel
- Added color theme hover effect of scrollbars
- Made many changes to font sizing/colors to better suite the overall color theme
- Fixed correct color correspondence in Pokedex (Had it swapped)
- Many subtle changes throughout the theme to better enhance the feel

*For those who are new to this thread and have missed all of the updates and the release of this concept theme, please visit the link below to jump straight to the topic with the download links and screenshots.

Edited by AnonymousPoke
18 minutes ago, passionfruit69 said:

where to find/enable the battle themes? it's the only thing i really want, they look insane

image.png.8b7239eed73131510de7e8245653fd8c.png

This screenshot is the true definition of what the UI Redesign Concept was wanting to achieve within the game itself. But due to massive limitations from the GUI side of being able to edit and manipulate, it is not possible and more likely never possible unless the developers give us more freedom over the GUI theme creation side.

Below is what I have done to get close to the look and feel, while staying within the limitations. Trust me, I experimented a lot and I just hit wall after wall trying to achieve what the original concept wanted to do.

*Btw, my battle background is turned off in the the settings.

image.png.4d2d8677e984c3e642e64b8156d79b96.png

3 minutes ago, AnonymousPoke said:

This screenshot is the true definition of what the UI Redesign Concept was wanting to achieve within the game itself. But due to massive limitations from the GUI side of being able to edit and manipulate, it is not possible and more likely never possible unless the developers give us more freedom over the GUI theme creation side.

Below is what I have done to get close to the look and feel, while staying within the limitations. Trust me, I experimented a lot and I just hit wall after wall trying to achieve what the original concept wanted to do.

*Btw, my battle background is turned off in the the settings.

image.png.4d2d8677e984c3e642e64b8156d79b96.png

i appreciate your reply, i truly wish the developers gave the modders more freedom soon or in the future, as it would be amazing to see what people come up with and their artistic capabilities

Edited by passionfruit69

First of all, I want to thank starnacle, Laci, JaredNattyDaddyTKL, Gilan, AnonymousPoke, and anyone else who contributed to this wonderful theme. What you've managed to create here has inspired me to get back into creating mods.

Whipped this up last night. First run at button edit- kind of complicated process, but I will write out instructions if people enjoy it.

Working in game so far- looking for bugs. Thoughts?

image.png.da6d4ced2e437e904176938956341341.png

Edited by nurver9
1 hour ago, nurver9 said:

First of all, I want to thank starnacle, Laci, JaredNattyDaddyTKL, Gilan, AnonymousPoke, and anyone else who contributed to this wonderful theme. What you've managed to create here has inspired me to get back into creating mods.

Whipped this up last night. First run at button edit- kind of complicated process, but I will write out instructions if people enjoy it.

I would increase the font size here (not too much), and change the font color to a bit brighter shade of white.

But, looks good for a more minimalistic edit.

2 hours ago, nurver9 said:

I made myself a personal copy of the theme so I could edit it more and I’ve been testing it with a another person in the community. I’d be happy to share my build with you as some things are different and I think a bit better. I changed the pc window, size of Pokédex and bag, fixed the colors during battle, and added a background behind Pokémon summary’s amongst a few other things here and there. 

2 hours ago, JaredNattyDaddyTKL said:

Me hice una copia personal del tema para poder editarlo más y lo he estado probando con otra persona de la comunidad. Estaría encantado de compartir mi construcción con ustedes, ya que algunas cosas son diferentes y creo que un poco mejor. Cambié la ventana de la PC, el tamaño de la Pokédex y la bolsa, arreglé los colores durante la batalla y agregué un fondo detrás de los resumenes de Pokémon, entre algunas otras cosas aquí y allá.

I definitely want to see that ?

6 hours ago, JaredNattyDaddyTKL said:

I made myself a personal copy of the theme so I could edit it more and I’ve been testing it with a another person in the community. I’d be happy to share my build with you as some things are different and I think a bit better. I changed the pc window, size of Pokédex and bag, fixed the colors during battle, and added a background behind Pokémon summary’s amongst a few other things here and there. 

I would be interested in the changes you have made to the Redesign Concept Theme! Let's be real, I was exhausted from bringing the theme to life in the first place. lol. So, would definitely love to see the changes you have made.. Would you be willing to share a link here or through a Personal Message?

8 hours ago, nurver9 said:

I was taking a look a this and I am pretty sure it is possible... with the mod change you have made, adding the battle icons to the left of the text similar to the battle concept on the original thread post would be amazing and really give the feel of pushing the GUI theme to the next level.

Edited by AnonymousPoke
6 hours ago, Gilan said:

I would increase the font size here (not too much), and change the font color to a bit brighter shade of white.

But, looks good for a more minimalistic edit.

Having a bit of trouble modifying certain text due to shared elements- thanks for feedback! 

40 minutes ago, AnonymousPoke said:

I was taking a look a this and I am pretty sure it is possible... with the mod change you have made, adding the battle icons to the left of the text similar to the battle concept on the original thread post would be amazing and really give the feel of pushing the GUI theme to the next level.

This sounds like a great idea. As I mentioned above, I am having a bit of trouble making sure everything is aligned properly due to how many times certain resources are re-used throughout the game.

I will continue tweaking and report back shortly.

3 hours ago, AnonymousPoke said:

I will attempt to implement the battle icons, however- I was looking at the UI textures earlier briefly and I'm not certain if I am looking in the correct directory. Do you know where the elements for the main buttons are located? They do not appear to be inside the battle-hud.png?

Edited by nurver9

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KfVkvbAnS1QRCUuRnnnJJiYdWDI3fxNA/view?usp=sharing

heres the link to the edited theme version i made, it comes with some of its own issues im sure but hopefully those can be worked out but what i did change are the following off the top of my head 

- reworked pc window to show all boxes on the same page (i rename all my boxes to 1,2,3... so its easier to see them

- extended pokedex + bag 

-new background of top left hud supplied by concept creator himself

-addedd back some of the colors to green red and yellow hp colors during battle and on the party sidebar

-pokemon summary window has background of pokeball floor used from a different theme bc it looks amazing 

-a different trainer card background

-adjusted background for items and pc boxes

-added gen 8 style typing banners for moves and pokemon types made by me 

-also added more transparency to some windows (wanted to do more but got lazy)

- I forget what else if anything i addedd but that about it 

- I also prefer to use the theme with the gen 8 icon mod i made which ill link as well as the hd icons mod 

-known issues with mine i found is that the exp bar is missing from battles which is weird

-also the pc window im not sure why but the bar to indicate which box youre in isnt showing up 

GEN 8 STYLE ICONS

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1K4WKvAeEgTB67_ToAh439eUMgpo-ua-U/view?usp=sharing

- I haven't incorporated anything from anonymouspoke newest 1.2 version like his font edits so anything of that sort i think is still version 1.1 issues

27 minutes ago, JaredNattyDaddyTKL said:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KfVkvbAnS1QRCUuRnnnJJiYdWDI3fxNA/view?usp=sharing

heres the link to the edited theme version i made, it comes with some of its own issues im sure but hopefully those can be worked out but what i did change are the following off the top of my head 

- reworked pc window to show all boxes on the same page (i rename all my boxes to 1,2,3... so its easier to see them

- extended pokedex + bag 

-addedd back some of the colors to green red and yellow hp colors during battle and on the party sidebar

-pokemon summary window has background of pokeball floor used from a different theme bc it looks amazing 

- I also prefer to use my theme with the gen 8 icon mod i made which ill link as well as the hd icons mod 

-known issues with mine i found

- exp bar is missing from battles which is weird

-also the pc window im not sure why but the bar to indicate which box youre in isnt showing up 

- in battle bag buttons are a bit too short

GEN 8 STYLE ICONS

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1K4WKvAeEgTB67_ToAh439eUMgpo-ua-U/view?usp=sharing

- I haven't incorporated anything from anonymouspoke newest 1.2 version like his font edits so anything of that sort i think is still version 1.1 issues

@nurver9 @AnonymousPoke 

unknown.png

Edited by JaredNattyDaddyTKL
42 minutes ago, JaredNattyDaddyTKL said:

- extended pokedex + bag 

- I also prefer to use the theme with the gen 8 icon mod i made which ill link as well as the hd icons mod 

-known issues with mine i found is that the exp bar is missing from battles which is weird

GEN 8 STYLE ICONS

@nurver9 @AnonymousPoke 

unknown.png

I installed it but when I enter pokemmo the game tells me that the theme is not compatible with the current version ...

3 minutes ago, Janzelft said:

Yes, I did, I have the folder inside my themes folderYes, I did, I have the folder inside my themes folder.

I works for me just fine @Janzelft. Not sure what you are doing when adding the theme.

1 hour ago, nurver9 said:

I will attempt to implement the battle icons, however- I was looking at the UI textures earlier briefly and I'm not certain if I am looking in the correct directory. Do you know where the elements for the main buttons are located? They do not appear to be inside the battle-hud.png?

Unfortunately no, there are no specifics on the .png itself. I think it is in the battle .xml file. What you would probably have to do is create an "overlay" onto the buttons themselves. Now, what I am not sure of is if each of those buttons have there own line for Fight/Run/Bag/Pokemon. I can take a look... and if it does, it is achievable.

58 minutes ago, JaredNattyDaddyTKL said:

- extended pokedex + bag 

GEN 8 STYLE ICONS

@nurver9 @AnonymousPoke 

unknown.png

Extremely nice! Yes, several issues that I did address in v1.2 that would help with the theme. One thing I did notice was the transparent aspect in some areas. I have thought about going to a slight transparent version as that is what the original concept called for. We will see if it is worth going this route.

Overall, nice personal edit! ?