[GUI] PokeMMO UI Redesign Concept

I actually do have a question since you're working on it already. Is it possible to make whatever changes you make to the layout stay on restart and not reset to default? I know at the moment all themes have that issue, though I'm also assuming it's a limitation of what we can and cannot edit. Amazing work though! Def can't wait for this.

5 hours ago, Nerfgun said:

I actually do have a question since you're working on it already. Is it possible to make whatever changes you make to the layout stay on restart and not reset to default? I know at the moment all themes have that issue, though I'm also assuming it's a limitation of what we can and cannot edit. Amazing work though! Def can't wait for this.

That's correct, as of right now we cannot add any new objects or move anything around - we are forced to work with the default assets that already exist and most of the theme relies on changing from existing elements to our own. We can edit the XML's a little bit and see what we can do but it is very very limited. We are trying to find a way to implement this fully but without direct help from the Developers or a re-work to the way the theme system works, we're not sure if we'll be able to fully implement the concept.

The resizable U.I features and full concept design ideas are done via CSS on a private webpage for testing. It's to get a better idea of how the concept would operate if it was actually added to the game.

MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN this is awesome i hope PokeMMO´s devices look this theme and think of buy you this theme to use it like Default official theme, it´s perfect to pokemmo, looks like an update from the default theme, i hope u release the theme soon, i can´t waittt

Edited by BiWhite
On 1/20/2021 at 7:30 AM, starnacle said:

This is what I have completed so far; 

• Pokémon Summary
  • Character Inventory / Bag
  • Hotbar / Toolbars 
  • Global Trade Link
  • Trainer Card
  • PC Deposit Box 
  • Party Bar
  • Chat Box
  • Minimap (New)
  • Top Left Display
  • Battle Screen

I would appreciate any feedback/suggestions or general opinions from the community and let me know what you would like to see for future concepts!

Battle Screen

QgxVRFC.png

image.thumb.png.35509a879ee92683729b2ba0c7ab167d.png

bI8uhrS.png

Will you really be able to share that beautiful combat background soon? it looks amazing! Will it change depending on environment? is it even possible to implement? 

14 hours ago, Agunimaru said:

Will you really be able to share that beautiful combat background soon? it looks amazing! Will it change depending on environment? is it even possible to implement? 

That's the idea. We want to be able to make different backgrounds for environment.

Currently, however - it's not possible to implement using the way the current theme system works. We hope that in the future there will be some type of re-work or addition made to customization in PokeMMO to allow for us to be able to do things like this but as of right now, it isn't possible.

Just now, Kryuko said:

Please release the mod you are working on, just wanna try it.

Thanks for your interest and support, we are currently not working on any mods. We are working on a theme that is not complete yet. Follow the thread to be updated as to when that is released.

1 minute ago, pokelace said:

Thanks for your interest and support, we are currently not working on any mods. We are working on a theme that is not complete yet. Follow the thread to be updated as to when that is released.

Yeah sorry i mean the theme, i think you can just release an alpha/beta so we can give you our feedback.

6 minutes ago, Kryuko said:

Yeah sorry i mean the theme, i think you can just release an alpha/beta so we can give you our feedback.

Currently we are only giving out the test stage of the theme to people who are helping work on it.

Add me on discord and we can talk; pokelace#0151

I like most of these changes, they look awesome. But I think that everything is a bit too square, it adds sharpness but I don't feel like it fits PokeMMO that is rather chill graphics. I'm afraid it would look too agressive on the screen. Maybe round it up a bit ? 

I also find that the letters are harder to read, especially the prices on GTL. Information needs to be more bright and general looks of every windows less bright, or with less agressive colors. 

I LOVE the battleground addition. It's really the biggest plus of this project to me. 

On 1/20/2021 at 6:30 AM, starnacle said:

Global Trade Link

image.png.a0c47c38c47ea0fc5f60caa744bd927d.png

UJgQhCp.png

I can't believe that shiny Jolteon is at 1M since 8 days 

On 2/25/2021 at 4:53 PM, Poufilou said:

I like most of these changes, they look awesome. But I think that everything is a bit too square, it adds sharpness but I don't feel like it fits PokeMMO that is rather chill graphics. I'm afraid it would look too agressive on the screen. Maybe round it up a bit ? 

I also find that the letters are harder to read, especially the prices on GTL. Information needs to be more bright and general looks of every windows less bright, or with less agressive colors. 

I LOVE the battleground addition. It's really the biggest plus of this project to me. 

I think one of the developers actually stated that they'll make the font/text more brighter in the actual release.

Edited by FameCreator
On 2/25/2021 at 11:23 AM, Poufilou said:

We could consider adding a more rounded-theme for people who like that. I'll put it on the to-do list. 

As for the font, we're aware that some people have pointed out that it's quite bland and hard-to-read we're hoping adding a drop shadow / outline will fix that, if not we'll have a look at other fonts. 

Thanks for the feedback.

Lookin' pretty dang smexy, can't wait to use it as a base for an Android theme that I can copy-paste stuff onto xD

(literally the only way I can do stuff with no experience in anything, the power of copy-pasting stuff from different themes together lol)

This is insane bro. i like :berdsmug:

On 1/20/2021 at 2:30 AM, starnacle said:

Hi there,

As you can tell by the title I have recently been working on a UI Redesign Concept for PokeMMO. I have a lot of previous graphic design experience, and one of the fields I enjoy working on the most is GUI design. I really enjoy PokeMMO, however at times I feel that the UI can be frustrating to navigate, and although the current UI does fit with the game pretty well. I feel like it could be a lot more modernized, clean and generally more optimized for ease of access and better appearance, which is what I have attempted to do here.

I first thought about making a theme, however after looking into it and reading some forum posts I realized that it would restrict a lot of what I was hoping to change, so I decided to make a full-blown concept instead for a new more engaging and pleasing UI.

I would like to clarify that this is NOT a theme/mod

It is only a concept and at the moment there is no way to FULLY implement this into the game. I am considering making a theme or possibly a mod that allows for the complete changes and additions I have made to be included properly, however that would take some time and research so I decided to get some feedback from the community first.  

Below are some of the screenshots of the concept UI as well as comparisons (mine on the left) with the current UI being used in the game. (I am in no way criticizing the current UI) however I do believe some things could be changed and optimized for a more user-friendly clean experience. The current UI does an amazing job at sticking with the classic retro Pokémon look, but in my opinion PokeMMO is growing into a more vast and complex game that incorporates the classic feeling of the original Pokémon games and also that of an amazing MMO and believe the UI should also branch towards that. 

Feel free to look through the screenshots, the UI is not fully completed and a lot of things are still in the works, (such as a Login Screen, Store Menu, Breeding Menu and more.)

This is what I have completed so far; 

• Pokémon Summary
  • Character Inventory / Bag
  • Hotbar / Toolbars 
  • Global Trade Link
  • Trainer Card
  • PC Deposit Box 
  • Party Bar
  • Chat Box
  • Minimap (New)
  • Top Left Display
  • Battle Screen

I would appreciate any feedback/suggestions or general opinions from the community and let me know what you would like to see for future co