Gen 8 Style Theme for PC/Android + Switch Styled Icons v2

1 hour ago, TheAtticYT said:

Hi I am new to pokemmo and I was able to get this and the mods installed for this but when I use the defult theme it doesn't show the switch styled buttons here is a screenshot -

image.thumb.png.050c1e5bbdcaeafe1d4c384e5c50ab1f.png

as well when I use the android theme it doesn't show textboxes again here is another screenshot

image.thumb.png.d99eda8e4259928525b9dd6dddf6a586.png

Could it bee that compatibility mode is on because when I turn that off the next time I open the game it has an error and turns compatibility mode back on.

The text box issue on the Android theme is a known bug, it's up to the maker of this theme to fix it.

As for the Switch-styled buttons or whatnot, I think that's only visible when using the Android-styled theme, as that's how this theme was intended to be used like. I'm not sure about that though, just guessing; don't quote me on it.

Edited by Guest
3 hours ago, MGRazor said:

The text box issue on the Android theme is a known bug, it's up to the maker of this theme to fix it.

As for the Switch-styled buttons or whatnot, I think that's only visible when using the Android-styled theme, as that's how this theme was intended to be used like. I'm not sure about that though, just guessing; don't quote me on it.

i wanna fix the text bubble but i dont know how i messed that part up in the first place LOL

2 minutes ago, JaredNattyDaddyTKL said:

i wanna fix the text bubble but i dont know how i messed that part up in the first place LOL

lmao Did you try asking the other dude who made an Android theme (but hasn't posted it on forums yet for some reason lol)? Maybe he can help you v:

The other thing you could do would be to re-download the regular android and/or default theme and then copy-paste its contents onto your theme one at a time until one of them fixes the text bubbles or something, I don't know xD

Edited by Guest
24 minutes ago, DemonBone said:

image.png.a01e5445a4b61e9bc306d60fc4a0151e.png

I found a bug on pc where it doesnt show the typing of a move. This only appeared if I have the switch icons mod active

Again, I'm pretty sure this theme was made as an Android theme that you could use on your PC (and rooted phones by following my tutorial posted in forums, shameless plug lol). The way this theme was intended to be used is that you would put the android folder inside data>themes, replace the default folder with the one that this theme comes with (since the Android theme likes using whatever PC theme is named default for resources, and the unmodded PC theme that PokeMMO comes with is usually named that), and then select android in Settings>Interface when you launch PokeMMO.

Since this theme is not actually supposed to be used the way you are using it, there may be a bunch of bugs/mishaps that has not been accounted for. I'm sure the maker of this theme has an actual PC-style theme posted in forums if you are not into the android-style and prefer the regular PC-style, instead.

Em 18/01/2021 às 18:34, JaredNattyDaddyTKL disse:

Links para tema Android e tema padrão

Substitua o seu tema padrão atual por este, mas contém-se de fazer uma cópia do seu padrão atual 

conte-se de descompactar como massas do tema, pois como massas zip não podem ser usadas como tema e não aparecerão 

limite o mod como um arquivo zip para a pasta de mods 

Tema

https://mega.nz/file/37AGALoR#b1Wmdj48X5aEXtYjvjxbA0gEWgbUhExAOZ8XX80Zj5s

Ícones

https://mega.nz/file/e7Zm2TAZ#yiWABsGV2X89pLaEGTjbb5zqonZ4Kq35AGWRAuDYQUc

1726028012_SCreenshot12-Copy.png

I couldn't do it, you could record a video to teach us. the translation may be wrong, it's because I'm using Google translator

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, First this theme is amazing! second I have a big question, HOW?? can I see on the Pokémon Summary the gender of my Pokémon?????? IDK if somebody else noticed this things... please I will appreciate any comment.. thanks.

Edited by angelhierro0512
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello! I really liked these mods. Even when it comes to sprites & 3D models for Pokémon in battle, I would say that the ones in your mod are the best made! But something I noticed is that there is no differentiation between the appearance of the Pokémon genre, would it be possible to update this?

On 2/9/2021 at 5:20 PM, MGRazor said:

For anyone experiencing the issue with the white text box seeming to appear off screen or be missing, I found a fix in the xml files for the mod and you can follow the steps below.

1. Open the data > themes > android folder in your "PokeMMO" installation directory

2. Open android.xml with Notepad (or your preferred notepad equivalent)

3. Click Edit > Find (or Ctrl+F on your keyboard) to bring up the Find box

4. Type in "npc-interaction-popup", make sure the "Direction" is set to "Down", and click "Find Next"

5. You will be taken to a section with the following text:

<theme name="npc-interaction-popup" ref="-defaults" allowWildcard="true">
        <param name="background"><image>mobile.bubble.background</image></param>
        <param name="border"><border>30,30</border></param>
        <theme name="labelanimation" ref="label" allowWildcard="true">
            <param name="font"><font>med-noshadow-22-gray</font></param>
        </theme>

6. In the second line, replace "mobile.bubble.background" with "text-bubble.background"

7. Click File > Save

8. Launch the game, and enjoy

Edited by Genguin
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/28/2021 at 5:17 PM, AnRae said:

I had a thought about that. Like, what if you had a version that replaced the shinies with mega evolutions? Not only could you pull of Charizard X and Y with different genders, but it would make the mega evos special rather than just replacing the base forms. I'll admit, this is a personal preference as I always thought 99.9999% of shiny pokemon to be visually unappealing and I think megas should have some kind of condition on seeing them rather than being standard. Just a thought. 

Anyway, I'm progressing on making an adapted version that works with gen5 jump sprites. Mostly for myself, but I will share it if I get your permission. Thanks for the mod! ?

19 minutes ago, Gadz said:

For some reason I cant import the mod, its saying that the mod its not compatible with my cliente, I dont know what to do

what mod? the icon mod is outdated look for the newer version on the forums 

• 3 weeks later...