Gen 8 Style Theme for PC/Android + Switch Styled Icons v2

Links to Android Theme and Default Theme

Replace your current default theme with this one but make sure to make a copy of your current default 

make sure to unzip theme folders as zip folders cannot be used as theme and wont show up 

add the mod as a zip to the mods folder 

Theme

https://mega.nz/file/37AGALoR#b1Wmdj48X5aEXtYjvjxbA0gEWgbUhExAOZ8XX80Zj5s

Icons

https://mega.nz/file/e7Zm2TAZ#yiWABsGV2X89pLaEGTjbb5zqonZ4Kq35AGWRAuDYQUc

1726028012_SCreenshot12-Copy.png

Edited by JaredNattyDaddyTKL
  • JaredNattyDaddyTKL changed the title to Gen 8 Style Theme for PC/Android + Switch Styled Icons v2

Mod works nice, gives the game a slick sheen and maximizes certain windows for ease of use. Also gives updated icons and such that we are familiar with in more modern games. Gives off an almost legitimate hand held console feeling! The only issue I've had so far is that the sprite for Patrat is it's evolution Watchog, which was a surprise when I logged in! When did my level 5 patrat evolve lol.

Definitely recommend. And no viruses to boot!

pokemmomodimage.png

2 hours ago, PokemanSam said:

Mod works nice, gives the game a slick sheen and maximizes certain windows for ease of use. Also gives updated icons and such that we are familiar with in more modern games. Gives off an almost legitimate hand held console feeling! The only issue I've had so far is that the sprite for Patrat is it's evolution Watchog, which was a surprise when I logged in! When did my level 5 patrat evolve lol.

pokemmomodimage.png

lmao i forgot to fix the patrat icon AGAIN dammit

2 hours ago, PokemanSam said:

pokemmomodimage.png

How did you get this to work I put the SwitchIcons zip into the mods folder and the default theme folder that he provided into the themes folder and it doesn't seem to work.

image.png.35bf16faf99f67403f94add6b7e02f46.png

(This is the default folder from the zip I removed the android folder do I need both?)

image.png.f8e84819e3d9c73dae3a7323c1290143.png

These are the in game screenshots of what it looks like. What am I doing wrong?

image.thumb.png.8a3da576aba39c340415d13d421ffb1f.png

image.thumb.png.5dd47893eee8f435b668446b9eef01a5.png

18 minutes ago, EleventeenRL said:

How did you get this to work I put the SwitchIcons zip into the mods folder and the default theme folder that he provided into the themes folder and it doesn't seem to work.

image.png.35bf16faf99f67403f94add6b7e02f46.png

(This is the default folder from the zip I removed the android folder do I need both?)

image.png.f8e84819e3d9c73dae3a7323c1290143.png

These are the in game screenshots of what it looks like. What am I doing wrong?

image.thumb.png.8a3da576aba39c340415d13d421ffb1f.png

image.thumb.png.5dd47893eee8f435b668446b9eef01a5.png

Yes, you do need the android folder as well, it's how the game can run an Android-style GUI on PC.

As for the Switch Icons mod, make sure that it is checked off in Mod Management on the main menu and restart the game to apply the changes. Make sure to select android on your interface settings, too.

Edited by Guest
9 minutes ago, MGRazor said:

Yes, you do need the android folder as well, it's how the game can run an Android-style GUI on PC.

As for the Switch Icons mod, make sure that it is checked off in Mod Management on the main menu and restart the game to apply the changes. Make sure to select android on your interface settings, too.

I got the mod management working but I dont see where to select android. Also I am live right now if you want to help me troubleshoot

On 1/19/2021 at 11:58 PM, EleventeenRL said:

I got the mod management working but I dont see where to select android. Also I am live right now if you want to help me troubleshoot

HI, did you solved the problem? Cuz i have same thing and don't know what to do :(

On 1/29/2021 at 8:09 PM, Gurennn said:

How to run the theme on Android?  It doesn't work or I'm doing it wrong.

Somehow the Icons working! But some Pokemons Like Patrat have Watchdog sprites.  

Thank you so much! 

Android does not have official theme support as of now but, you can make it work if you have a rooted device.

On 1/18/2021 at 3:34 PM, JaredNattyDaddyTKL said:

Replace your current default theme with this one but make sure to make a copy of your current default 

make sure to unzip theme folders as zip folders cannot be used as theme and wont show up 

Theme

Icons

Hello, I have a question publicly, no one has an apk already compiled with the theme implemented? It's just that I'm having trouble not being rooted and not having a PC, thanks in advance 

26 minutes ago, ImNeonKill said:

Hello, I have a question publicly, no one has an apk already compiled with the theme implemented? It's just that I'm having trouble not being rooted and not having a PC, thanks in advance 

Even if I do give you a modded base.apk, you cannot really do anything with it unless you have a rooted phone—otherwise it's basically just a dead brick taking up storage space. You will get a corruption error if you try to use it to install or launch PokeMMO, and you cannot change the theme or replace the original APK without doing my tutorial—which requires a rooted phone and a PC to begin with, so you are pretty much screwed.

Edited by Guest
于2021/1/19 AM5点34分,JaredNattyDaddyTKL 说:

Theme

Icons

Fourd a bug:There is no gender

发现一个bug:没有性别

1394466836_.thumb.png.02470d830efbdff4bcf6aa1cdbb8583b.pngMX.thumb.png.4b42f93829f718ed756d64418005c5cb.pngMX2.thumb.png.9630b14ff725b94e908e18f22fb33032.png

Suggest adding a dialog box

建议加上对话框

482631839_.thumb.png.d9f240e6741331fb5c9081bd6d701527.png

Hi ! i'm playing on Android version, the icons mod works perfectly when i import it from a zip file, but the theme mod seems to not work... or I do it bad.

When I try to import it (i extracted the files, then zipped only the android part and tried to install it on my app because I can't import a folder (or I don't know how we could do this)) and it tells me something like (i'm french so sorry if the translation is not perfect) "error of mod importation. Make sure this is a valid PokeMMO mod and that he is compatible with your client".

Does anyone have a solution please ?

EDIT : Ok I think I figured it out ! So I should root my phone then follow this tutorial ? 

Can anyone please confirm me that it is the right way to install the 8th gen theme on Android and that there is no other way ?

Edited by WitchAb
6 hours ago, WitchAb said:

Can anyone please confirm me that it is the right way to install the 8th gen theme on Android and that there is no other way ?

As stated before, there is no official custom theme support for Android devices, so my tutorial is your best bet for now. If there was another way, either I would have posted it or someone else would (unless they wanna keep all the good stuff to themselves, hehe). 

If you are going to proceed with my tutorial, make sure you know exactly what you are getting yourself into because rooting your device can be quite risky and it is not for everyone. Proceed with caution.

Edited by Guest

Okay thank you very much ! I'm not so experienced in phone-rooting but I'm always very careful when I do this kind of stuff and already cracked my PSP to make CWCheat work on it when I was younger following very carefully the tutorial and everything was right despite it was said it could be dangerous for the PSP if done bad ahah! I'll follow with caution and attention every step of the tutorial. Thank you for the tutorial and for your answer, have a nice day and good game !

Hi I am new to pokemmo and I was able to get this and the mods installed for this but when I use the defult theme it doesn't show the switch styled buttons here is a screenshot -

image.thumb.png.050c1e5bbdcaeafe1d4c384e5c50ab1f.png

as well when I use the android theme it doesn't show textboxes again here is another screenshot

image.thumb.png.d99eda8e4259928525b9dd6dddf6a586.png

Could it bee that compatibility mode is on because when I turn that off the next time I open the game it has an error and turns compatibility mode back on.