Most of my team left PokeMMO today for another game

Today most of my team just left PokeMMO for another game, listing following reasons as to why:

* Recent grinding nerfs (Also ghost nerfing)
* Tediousness and repetitiveness of grinding  
* Lack of end-game content
* Lack of recreational activities
* Toxic community  
* Slow updates (VERY slow.)

This upset me very greatly as I was having a great time with these people, now when I log in I am usually the only person online. But I must agree on the listed reasons feeling extremely

discouraging aswell. And I was wondering what other people felt about the listed reasons, and what could be done to improve the experience in this game. As for now im not feeling it, especially after hearing about the recent nerf to Meowth hordes again, feeling like this ghost nerfing is no healthy way for the game, then for the players later on to realize oh well they did it again. I do agree on the listed reasons, but mostly I feel sad that im yet again logging in to no team.

32 minutes ago, Lindy said:

Today most of my team just left PokeMMO for another game, listing following reasons as to why:

* Recent grinding nerfs (Also ghost nerfing)
* Tediousness and repetitiveness of grinding  
* Lack of end-game content
* Lack of recreational activities
* Toxic community  
* Slow updates (VERY slow.)

This upset me very greatly as I was having a great time with these people, now when I log in I am usually the only person online. But I must agree on the listed reasons feeling extremely

discouraging aswell. And I was wondering what other people felt about the listed reasons, and what could be done to improve the experience in this game. As for now im not feeling it, especially after hearing about the recent nerf to Meowth hordes again, feeling like this ghost nerfing is no healthy way for the game, then for the players later on to realize oh well they did it again. I do agree on the listed reasons, but mostly I feel sad that im yet again logging in to no team.

Let me preface my opinion with that I love Pokémon and I love PokeMMO, but I can't help but feel that they're all incredibly realistic gripes with the state of things. The nerfs, both publicised and ghost, are getting more and more frustrating and feeling more and more like a hostile environment towards the player base.

I can't help but feel that the regular nerfs will eventually just make even the most tolerable of farming methods or grinds just unviable and uninviting for the average player. There has to be a good balance between making money and having fun, and right now that balance seems way off.

Are you sure that PokeMMO is grindy? I can agree on all other points but PokeMMO takes much low grind than the other Pokemon games available, it becomes grindy when you aim a really big amount like 100m++ but as a regular Competitive player, Shiny Collector(Except rare ones) PokeMMO require lower grind than all other games.

The solution is drastic change. 

Either the devs can't do it, won't do it, or don't care. 

Can't do it because it's literally a team of 4 handling this massive undertaking which is a tall task for even a small game development company let alone 4 devs who are fans of the game. 

Won't do it because they are fine with the status quo as long as money keeps pouring in. Expanding the team requires money to be spent. They just got too comfortable with the money they are getting now to contemplate sharing some of that money to new members who could potentially help them with developing so that we don't have to wait years and years for updates that never come. 

I really hope that they do care because they have done something amazing by creating this game and it would be a shame to see it die due to negligence or incompetence. 

I'm just a new player so I can't understand the frustration of people like Paul who have been here for a lot longer than me. Still I love the game so I hope the devs listen to their community. 

7 hours ago, RealMak said:

Well, create another team or join a more active team

Problem solved

Eventually yes. That was not really what I was trying to discuss, I wanted a civilized discussion about the listed reasons, why people leave because of them, other people's opinions on those matters and etc. I am sad that my team left, but it is what it is. They may or may not come back if change happens in PokeMMO. 

Also thank you everyone for your responses, I am truly grateful to hear your stories and opinions.

I agree with many points however I feel they may have gotten themselves in the deep with promises. There are 4 devs and using a rom to make a game is a lot different than making your places and whatnot. It reminds me of a game my 8 yr old brother plays called Loomian Legacy the community was begging for updates, and they forgot the 5 devs had families and full-time jobs. The game was just a hobby they were forced into. Now for the team aspect, I was blessed to be in a super active, hilarious, amazing team everyone is awesome except you Daq. We host our own art events, catching events, PVP events, we use showdown, live streams, and prank each other are team is a family and It makes all the hassle worth it. I advise you to hopefully find that community for you best of luck from an Optic Grunt.

P.s let us be real if you made something like a small fan project and end up making some money would you want to change the formula to success I lot of people change the formula and it puts more work on the devs, so they probably see the chance things will die out I'd be worried too.

Edited by KingOfRandom1
Grammer
5 hours ago, KingOfRandom1 said:

I agree with many points however I personally feel they may have gotten themselves in the deep with promises there are 4 devs and using a rom to make a game is a lot different than making your own places and whatnot it seems to remind me of a certain game my 8 yr old brother plays called Loomian Legacy the community was begging for updates and they forgot the 5 devs had families and full time jobs the game was just a hobby they were forced into now for the team aspect I was blessed to be in a super active hilarious amazing team everyone is awesome except you Daq we host are own art events catching events pvp events we use showdown live streams prank each other are team is a family and It makes all the hassle worth it i advise you to hopefully find that community for you best of luck from a Optic Grunt

Ps let's me real if you made something as a small fan project and end up making some money would you want to change the formula to success I lot of people change the formula and it puts more work on the devs so they probably see the chance things will die out I'd be worried too

yo, commas exist lol

I believe the changes will come. They just take time. The developers have actually become decent in what they do, but the changes and content that this game needs right now will take a long time. So you just have to be patient, join a fun team. Do showdown events, catching events. That's strength of this game is that it brings people that love Pokemon together,  not really much of anything else right now.

10 hours ago, ThinkNicer said:

I believe the changes will come. They just take time

in history their is always a right time and that time always has a clock ticking down. mining bit coin was a decade ago when it was worth a few dollars and a thousand in investment in hardware and electricity would bring back millions as the currency increased in value. that time is past. the "seawolf of britain" thomas cochrane also known as "el diablo" was a hero of the Napoleonic wars, the liberation of peru, chile, and brazil but not the greek independence war because his super advance fleet wasnt finished building until the war was over. even if everyone agreed the game was in a perfect state tomorrow, the game is only really spread by word of mouth. how many millions have played the game and how few would give it praise when asked "hey you played pokemmo should i?". been around 8 years now and nearly everyone i ever met or knew who played this game no longer do and the majority would answer that question with "no". i fear at this point that problem is insurmountable regardless of the state of the game. who knows what state no mans sky or battlefront 2 are in? 

The simple and unfortunate truth is that the less viable and reasonable ways to grind for money there are, the more people buy RP to fill that void. Some players are buying RP by the stacks of 50. You didnt see that come up on GTL once when berry farming was in its prime, but now its a regular thing. I doubt they plan to cut their RP profits by making grinding easier when its been so successful this way. 

As someone who enjoys roleplaying as a berry farmer, I find PokeMMO to be a great place to live that fantasy out. I can't relate to some of the issues being brought up here because I don't delve into the PvP aspect of PokeMMO. 

Also, don't feel too bad about not having anyone to play with. My "friend" claimed he was going to playthrough the Hoenn region with me, and disappeared. That was only the beginning of his lack of care for me, or my time. It'd be nice to get the few million I gave him back, but it's not like I can't make that up in a few days of berry farming. Narcissism is one hell of a disease. It's probably for the better he went his own path. 

21 hours ago, Zigh said:

yo, commas exist lol

im pulling a timothy dexter

here ya go pepper and salt as you please

The game is free, and some player is complaining about the fact that updates are slow.

Seriously, that's insane... Just grow up. Develop a game is not simple, it takes TIME and MONEY.

And if your not satisfied about the game, just quit it.

Fortunately im not a Mod, you would be banned for a long time just for posting this.

Sorry for my english.