If there is hackrom with 6th gen mons for NDS and GBA, why are they not implemented here?

Bruttow

Question

I do not ask for mega for the community, rather I see as a reliable point to use Pkmon hackrom as the "gaia" that brings the mons from 1 gen to 6 gen or even the NDS rom such as Pkmon delta that brings programmed mons de gens more current.

I mean, don't be closed minded, is it so much a problem to insert new mons without the need for a new map?
They already did it with the hoen safari area where 2nd gen mons come out, why don't they do the same with 6th gen ones? maybe in monthly special events or every 6 months, but think about it, it's not crazy.
Edited by Bruttow

11 answers to this question

Certainly due to copyright.

After all, they have added johto and hoenn pokemon way back in fire red before hoenn came out, so 'not having the region' is probably not an issue.

But in the 6th gen roms, the pokemon no longer have sprites, they just have 3D models.

While there are sprites in the style of gen 5, for pokemon of all gens beyond 6th -- they wouldn't be located in an official rom.

And the devs can't distribute copyrighted assets either, like taking the fanmade sprites and including them in the client download.

Which means they would have to prompt users to find dubious fanmade romhacks and require them in the game... and I don't foresee them going there.

If we ever get pokemon beyond gen 6, it'd likely be because they decided to upgrade the game to a newer-gen engine, and actually run pokemon x/y in pokemmo or something.

but the 3DS is notoriously hard to emulate, so I'm not really counting on it. that's why they settled for gen 5 in the first place, even though sun/moon was pretty much already out.

2 hours ago, Eggplant said:

After all, they have added johto and hoenn pokemon way back in fire red before hoenn came out, so 'not having the region' is probably not an issue.

But in the 6th gen roms, the pokemon no longer have sprites, they just have 3D models.

While there are sprites in the style of gen 5, for pokemon of all gens beyond 6th -- they wouldn't be located in an official rom.

And the devs can't distribute copyrighted assets either, like taking the fanmade sprites and including them in the client download.

Which means they would have to prompt users to find dubious fanmade romhacks and require them in the game... and I don't foresee them going there.

If we ever get pokemon beyond gen 6, it'd likely be because they decided to upgrade the game to a newer-gen engine, and actually run pokemon x/y in pokemmo or something.

but the 3DS is notoriously hard to emulate, so I'm not really counting on it. that's why they settled for gen 5 in the first place, even though sun/moon was pretty much already out.

So the game will get stuck in the fifth generation?

1 minute ago, HermitG said:

So the game will get stuck in the fifth generation?

Probably.

Though they can still add Johto from HGSS, bringing the region total up to five.

Beyond that, they will probably re-focus on repeatable dungeons, legendary pokemon farming, etc.

Just this will probably take several years, and if they want to revisit the idea of adding later generations, they can do it when these are complete.

but in other words, isn't there a possibility of adding mons from time to time? If they could program Wild Zorua, why not with time a poke like goodra's evolutionary line? wild or by event or perhaps with the entry of johto an expansion pass with at least 10 evolutionary lines of pokes from other gen or initial pokes, there are so many possibilities to add a larger catalog and so many ideas
16 hours ago, Eggplant said:

Si bien hay sprites al estilo de la generación 5, para los Pokémon de todas las generaciones posteriores a la 6, no se ubicarían en una rom oficial.

Y los desarrolladores tampoco pueden distribuir activos con derechos de autor, como tomar los sprites creados por fans e incluirlos en la descarga del cliente.

Lo que significa que tendrían que pedirles a los usuarios que encuentren romhacks dudosos hechos por fanáticos y los requieran en el juego ... y no creo que vayan allí.

Si alguna vez obtenemos pokemon más allá de la generación 6, probablemente sea porque decidieron actualizar el juego a un motor de nueva generación y, de hecho, ejecutar pokemon x / y en pokemmo o algo así.

pero la 3DS es notoriamente difícil de emular, por lo que no cuento con ella. es por eso que se conformaron con la generación 5 en primer lugar, a pesar de que el sol y la luna ya habían salido.

Well, there is already Mod, with 3D models of all the poke, why doesn't all the 3D poke come back and some 6th gen wild ones are added as proof? It would also be an option.

4 hours ago, Quakkz said:

el juego está absolutamente bien para permanecer en la generación 5 siempre que tengamos más actualizaciones de juego y cosas por hacer

Well with this I remain calm, but I ask for at least some new gen, perhaps the new movements or a better example "The assault vest or the safe weakness" that are missing.