How's your Christmas event?

I would've liked a continual spike in difficulty with more rewards as you climb. Obviously not as early as it originally was, but having a run end only when I need to sleep feels kind of lacking if that makes sense. 

Great job to the devs for making adjustments to the event and listening to feedback though, much appreciated!

Edited by calidubstep
English

at the start it was really hard and boring but at least thx devs for editin git and making it more easily. yday with 2 good friend sadly we reached around 90 points on that last run cause they had to go and also we had only ike 20min left so F

Anyway i enjoyed (hope its a right word) to play the event with mah friend rynners, @MightyBoxer samueljackson and sunoob <3

in the first days of the event it was problematic until I learned to play where we defeated the first boss and zeroed in there became fun, it became more fun when they facilitated and added the support mechanisms of the HM (heal pulse, heal bell, recover) I thought this incredible.

if you added a reward like "halloween for defeating the pumpkin" I think it would be very interesting.
The biggest problem of the event was finding people to play where the player was already at the event or had no interest, sometimes when the fourth player left it took a long time to find a replacement so the only problem with the event was when you couldn't come in to play it because it was fun, group interaction is very cool, very profitable and thank you pokemmo team for this amazing event. I hope there is a lunar new year event, I already set aside part of the profits from that event to buy shiny charm xD

The biggest issue is the lack of actual options in how to efficiently play the event. You basically had 2 potential options- speed run first 4/5 bosses with flying off/ psy def, with Fire/Grass combo or do the Infinite run with Double fire. Most of the other combinations were complete trash and not even worth trying. Rock/Ground/water were all ridic slow and meant u either would get blown up or status'd almost every fight. Bug/Fighting/Normal OF had potential but either needed really good rng in items/tms early and still would get overshadowed by flying. I think the inclusion of Water Spout/Eruption also kind of ruin the difficulty level of the event once you get to the doubles portion. (A way that you can exchange, or do something with the ridic amount of useless items you get during ur run would also be greatly appreciated, maybe every 5 waves have a shop or something that you can sell useless items at and buy basic supplies for high prices etc.)

If they are actually interested in overhauling the event buffing the weaker elfbots types and removing the High powered spread moves I think would be a good start. You should be incentivized to play different type combinations based off of the items you get at the start, instead of being incentivized to reset till you get ethers/charcoal. Fixing it so that you gain PP from Health boxes while at full should also be a mandatory change, as intentionally getting a battle and getting hit/hitting each other is just lame. 

I think larger variation in Elfbot opponent would be interesting, make each wave spike in difficult by a lot but also increase rewards at a faster rate. People who are smart and strategize/coordinate well should be rewarded rather than whoever has the most time/patience to stay mindlessly grinding in the event. 

Finally the bosses were way to easy, and predictable. Anyone who played through the event more than 2-3 times could predict and outplay the bosses. After using wide-guard Xurk should not continue spamming discharge for example, also later waves should have multiple bosses that you must fight consecutively without healing/prep in between. 

I have a few other ways that you could balance the event to still be difficult/rewarding but not require 10+ hours of grinding but these are the major changes. Overall the event was cool though and a great way to make some easy $$ without needing to invest anything but time. 

Edited by Dontea

was much more fun than 2018 xmas.I think making 2v2 battles always same type the first 2 made it too easy.

I think they should have kept the 2v2 battles 2nd ally turn1 random elf based on possible elfs in current round.

the only thing i did not like at start of event was how little rounds there were between easy mode and impossible mode.

easy = 2v1 all turns

normal = 2v1 turn1 and 2v2 turn2

hard = 2v2 all turns

super hard = 2v2 turn1 3rd ally waiting to enter if u dont ko both same time

impossible = 2v2 turn1 3rd and 4th ally waiting to enter if u dont ko both at same time.

idk if there was more difficulty cause i was just 2v2 wins kill same time.

when event started it was impossible mode alredy in 8th round.

Since last update impossible mode started in round 33.

So that was a good thing to do to give more rounds between difficulties.

But making 2nd elf turn1 be same type was bad.Ruined the fun and challenge.

Was still a very fun event.Was so much more fun than xmas 2018.Good job admins!

@Dontea i agree it would be nice if they did not have to spam discharge after we did wide move once.

Im sure admins would like to make npc better but it seems hard to have a smarter IA.

They seem to only pick the best possible move in current turn.They dont plan for the future.Maybe some code to make them auto try 2nd best possible move in current turn if there is a miss last turn?I dont know.Can only hope they keep trying make the IA better.

Edited by MightyBoxer
11 minutes ago, MightyBoxer said:

@Dontea i agree it would be nice if they did not have to spam discharge after we did wide move once.

Im sure admins would like to make npc better but it seems hard to have a smarter IA.

They seem to only pick the best possible move in current turn.They dont plan for the future.Maybe some code to make them auto try 2nd best possible move in current turn if there is a miss last turn?I dont know.Can only hope they keep trying make the IA better.

Ye, pokemon AI is hard to increase in difficulty, unless they decide their move after you choose urs, which then basically makes it so that you need to just overpower the AI. In other games for example after you roost the opp mon will try and EQ you even if they are faster since you become classified as grounded. I also agree with ur thoughts on the actual difficulty scaling but think that also has a lot to do with the generally limited options you have when choosing your own elfbots.