Capture rate

Riesz

Question

Capture rate is tweaked in PokeMMO in a way for the economy.

Suggestion:

Make the capture rate similar to flee-ing rate. Flee rate is raised after each failed attempt.

I am suggesting that capture rate applies similar multiplier, where it could reduce rage of having pokemons keep breaking balls.

Ps:

For Safari, I do not know if it was tweaked.

If it was, I think it should be return to original and this suggestion not to be applied on Safari balls.

3 answers to this question

Hello,Riesz

I studied pokemon hunting rate for a while and the test  produced some results.I am posting to tell guys about my study and see if it can help.

In the wild:

283.png.682b7f65daba59105288d0eb5518bcf4.pngNest Ball's hunting rate is depended on pokemon's level.

Lv.1-Lv.10:x3.0

Lv.11-Lv.20:x2.0

Lv.21-Lv.100:x1.0

285.png.ecdb76580ddbe1fe15e5da2da36dbb8e.pngTimer Ball's hunting rate is depended on the battle rounds.

Round1 - Round5:x1.0

Round6 - Round9:x1.5

Round10 - Round12:x2.25

Round Over 12:x3.0

Studied and Tested By @BlueNose in 2020.2

In the safari:

280.png.2e7bc491cbbfbf9f2c41290bd2ef132c.pngSafari Ball's hunting rate is fixed x1.5

But there are some differences about safari hunting in pokemmo.

Firstly,no matter how many times you throw the stone or bait,it only counts one time about hunting rate,which means if you throw one stone or one bait and then another,it wont change the hunting rate.

Second,throwing a stone will make the hunting rate x2.0,and throwing a bait makes it x0.5.

Third,there is only one safari state of pokemon,nothing/watch carefully(x1.0) or angry(throw stones x2.0) or eating (throw baits x0.5),and its depended on the action before you throw safari ball,which means if you throw a biat then a stone,its only count as throwing a stone,vice versa.

Studied and Tested By @BlueNose in 2020.12

I built a website named pokemmo tool boxes in chinese including functions like pokemon hunting.i feel some regret that i didnt tell and share guys my studys and website ,i seldom visit the forums in enligh(almost in chinese),but its lucky i find this post and find a way to share,what i didint mentioned about pokemon hunting here,they are opened and clear in game info.

I hope my post can do a help.

@BlueNose

I am aware of your website.

This thread is to suggest that

- capture rate remain tweaked

- improved caught rate with failed attempts on similar mon

- not to be applied on Safari balls

I am suggesting this in hope that it would reduce rage of non-Safari pokemon keep breaking balls