Debuffed gym leaders and higher level caps

larsthepro999

Question

2 answers to this question

The game has been designed in a way so as to give players a challenge which is why gyms are much stronger than the original games. 

Level caps exist because this is an MMO. It is completely different from the original games. There is no fun when you can just buy a lvl 100 mon from GTL and sweep all 4 regions with it. You might as well play the original game if you are looking for easy gameplay. 

Hi! As EricRasp mentioned, the game is designed like that to give players a challenge, also to help them improve their skills and use more the mechanics of the game in their favor instead of just beating everything with one very high level pokemon.

That said, the team you are carrying is very solid in species, but I see most of them are around level 40 while your cap is 46. You can always make them as high level as possible and improve them especially on their moveset. Species with higher stats on Atk should use Physical moves and if higher in Sp.Atk, they should use Special moves. You can see the type of the move in its infos in the moveset tab in the summary, like in the example below.

ISVw3hu.png

Usually natures that favor the good stats also help a lot, but it's not a requirement. Using good IVs also makes things easier. No need to be perfect IVs, in my opinion above of 10 already helps a lot through the story if you are using the correct movesets and a nature that isn't negative for you.

Since this difficulty won't be lowered, I will close the suggestion. I hope my tips will help you finish the story, if you are having issues with it. If you need, feel free to ask for it here in the forum, I am sure the community will also be happy to help. Good luck!