Ribbon Guide (and how to access the Ribbon Syndicate)

Kqa8yT8.png

I would like to make the first guide for 2021 on an uplifting note. One way to do that is by awarding your pokemon a Ribbon. What are the names of all the Ribbons and how do you obtain them? This question has probably been asked for some time, but now it is time to answer this question. Without further ado, let's get started!

HlCWa4I.png

Champion Ribbon = A Ribbon that will be obtained if you win the Elite Four with this pokemon in your party (this can be any Elite Four area and it can even be obtained in a classic story run).

NMUkLA5.png

Winning Ribbon = A Ribbon Awarded for clearing the Battle Tower's Level 50 challenge (The pokemon will scale down to 50 if they are leveled a bit above).

vXQD08u.png

Victory Ribbon = A Ribbon Awarded for clearing the Battle Tower's Level 100 challenge (Make sure your pokemon are level 100 prior to entry).

tTUyYSK.png

Effort Ribbon = A Ribbon Awarded for maximizing your pokemon's EVs to 510. You can either obtain the Ribbon at Slateport City's Market or at Sunyshore City's Market. (Make sure that the pokemon recieving the Ribbon is in the lead slot prior to interacting with the Ribbon Merchant).

Effort Ribbon Merchants:

Slateport City Market's Effort Ribbon Location:

Spoiler

cvYYYOE.png

Sunyshore Market's Effort Ribbon Location:

Spoiler

ffHKO9M.png

mU1MgMC.png

Gorgeous Ribbon = A Ribbon Awarded after paying 10k to the Ribbon Syndicate NPC.

BRkM7oy.png

Royal Ribbon = A Ribbon Awarded after paying 100k to the Ribbon Syndicate NPC.

1vo3I4D.png

Gorgeous Royal Ribbon = A Ribbon Awarded after paying 1m to the Ribbon Syndicate NPC.

mTv5Jdi.png

The Cool, Beauty, Cute, Smart, and Tough Ribbons can be obtained from winning Contests at the Contest Hall in Lilycove City which is in Hoenn. For methods of obtaining the Contest Ribbons, then feel free to check out the PokeMMO Ribbon Assistance Guide.

Spoiler

S9RwRwa.png

There are a total of 4 levels of difficulty for each rank. If you are going to do the contests, then it would be helpful to look at the Gauges for each stat (feed the necessary PokeBlocks to the pokemon you want to win the contest with). The pokemon summary should give you this information:

tj1v88O.png

Basic PokeBlock Key (The Plus Version is faster):

tDIjYWT.png97s4iCc.pngRed PokeBlock = Coolness

uIQkGrz.pngsu9P05v.pngBlue PokeBlock = Beauty

zlqzvY2.pngrnEv04f.pngPink PokeBlock = Cuteness

8hNboyH.pngCtUACia.pngGreen PokeBlock = Smartness

XibtVaR.pngkSVb22A.pngYellow PokeBlock = Toughness

5zn5l3p.pngE8bjUic.pngWhite PokeBlock = Adds Every Stat Equally

aDVjMoE.pngBlack PokeBlock = Eliminates Stats

How each PokeBlock can be made: Red = Cheri Berry; Blue = Chesto Berry; Pink = Pecha Berry; Green = Rawst Berry; Yellow = Aspear Berry

If you maximize the berry slots with four of the same berries as mentioned above, then you will obtain the Plus Version of a PokeBlock. PokeBlocks are located in the Berry Section of your Bag's Inventory.

Guide Credit: Thank you @BiuBiv and @LucasLyn5 for the Johto Ribbon Information.

Legend-Ribbon-Johto-s-New-Ribbons

Legend Ribbon = A Ribbon awarded to you after defeating Red from Mt. Silver. You can only fight Red once a week (in real life week cooldown).

Weekly Ribbons (The week siblings ribbons can be obtained after meeting all siblings at least once. In the next encounter after meeting then all you start to get the Ribbons)

(Thank you @Biqueta for your confirmation)

Alert-Ribbon-Johto-s-New-Ribbons

Alert Ribbon = A Ribbon that can only be obtained on Monday from Monica in Route 40 (in game day).

Spoiler

Route-40-Monday-Johto-s-New-Ribbons

Shock-Ribbon-Johto-s-New-Ribbons

Shock Ribbon = A Ribbon that can only be obtained on Tuesday by Tuscany in Route 29 (in game day).

Spoiler

Route-29-Tuesday-Johto-s-New-Ribbons

Downcast-Ribbon-Johto-s-New-Ribbons

Downcast Ribbon = A Ribbon that can only be obtained on Wednesday by Wesley in the Lake of Rage (the Lake will dry up which can allow for you to walk around) [in game day].

Spoiler

Lake-of-Rage-Dry-Wednesday-Johto-s-New-Ribbons

Careless-Ribbon-Johto-s-New-Ribbons

Careless Ribbon = A Ribbon that can only be obtained on Thursday by Arthur in Route 36 (in game day).

Spoiler

Route-36-Thursday-Johto-s-New-Ribbons

Relax-Ribbon-Johto-s-New-Ribbons

Relax Ribbon = A Ribbon that can only be obtained on Friday by Frieda in Route 32 (in game day).

Spoiler

Route-32-Friday-Johto-s-New-Ribbons

Snooze-Ribbon-Johto-s-New-Ribbons

Snooze Ribbon = A Ribbon that can only be obtained on Saturday by Santos in Blackthorn City (in game day).

Spoiler

naya7Su.jpg

Smile-Ribbon-Johto-s-New-Ribbons

Smile Ribbon = A Ribbon that can only be obtained on Sunday by Sunny in Route 37 (in game day).

Spoiler

Route-37-Sunday-Johto-s-New-Ribbons

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tNNIbyF.png

As for the gatekeeper at the Ribbon Syndicate, she will not move until you have at least 24 Ribbons on your leading pokemon. She will then move out the way for you to access the remaining 3 ribbons once that requirement has been met.

Spoiler

Xp9xNuf.png

Edited by Bestfriends
Corrected a Ribbon Location. (8/29/2023)

Great! I do not know, I think there is no other guide of this type, in any case, let me tell you something, I think that having all the tapes is very good shows the time you spend on the game, personally I would also get all The tapes to be able to access that place, I want to have access to all possible places, for this reason I completed the pokedex in Sinnoh to be able to access certain places. Although I value things that many do not give because they seem insignificant, I would obtain all the medals in each of my pokes, although the latter, from what I have seen, players only dedicate themselves to obtaining the medals when they are shiny pokes. and with good statistics. Anyway, good job, I'm sure I will visit this guide many times, but I have a question, is there a guide in the forum about "combat" in contests, that is, about what each movement does, say, how many hearts goes up, between other things?

On one occasion I suggested to someone who also likes to have his pokes with medals to make one but we both knew that few players are dedicated to obtaining the medals and he did not.

I apologize if there is any mistake in the English translation

4 hours ago, YorFrost said:

Great! I do not know, I think there is no other guide of this type, in any case, let me tell you something, I think that having all the tapes is very good shows the time you spend on the game, personally I would also get all The tapes to be able to access that place, I want to have access to all possible places, for this reason I completed the pokedex in Sinnoh to be able to access certain places. Although I value things that many do not give because they seem insignificant, I would obtain all the medals in each of my pokes, although the latter, from what I have seen, players only dedicate themselves to obtaining the medals when they are shiny pokes. and with good statistics. Anyway, good job, I'm sure I will visit this guide many times, but I have a question, is there a guide in the forum about "combat" in contests, that is, about what each movement does, say, how many hearts goes up, between other things?

On one occasion I suggested to someone who also likes to have his pokes with medals to make one but we both knew that few players are dedicated to obtaining the medals and he did not.

I apologize if there is any mistake in the English translation

That is a good question, there are certain move combos that work well with contents. It should be noted that IVs and EVs have no effect on the overall performance in contests.

Also it should be noted that:

Coolness-Can also use tough and beauty moves without receiving a penalty.

Tough-Can also use cool and smart moves without receiving a penalty.

Beauty-Can use cool and cute moves without receiving a penalty.

Smart-Can use tough and cute moves without receiving a penalty.

Cute-Can use beauty and smart moves without receiving a penalty.

For combination info, you can check out Bubapedia's move combos for each contest type.

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Contest_combination

Spoiler

Thank you @Xigbar, @Sakustein, and @Kapetanmafija for your past contributions with Contest research.

• 2 months later...

Nice guide! I have a correction: you do not need 24 ribbons to enter the Syndicate. I was allowed in with only 17 ribbons. In the original DS games, only 10 ribbons are required, so I assume that is the case here too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 10/14/2021 at 2:49 AM, Blue said:

Got inside Ribbon Syndicate with 11 contest ribbons and the effort one.

On 10/14/2021 at 4:37 AM, Alexggg said:

I got 13 ribbons and still couldnt enter.

For safe measure, I bumped the number from 10 to 24 (the maximum number of ribbons before the Gorgeous Ribbon, Royal Ribbon, and Gorgeous Royal Ribbon). Thank you for your feedback.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/1/2021 at 8:37 AM, Bestfriends said:

Kqa8yT8.png

I would like to make the first guide for 2021 on an uplifting note. One way to do that is by awarding your pokemon a Ribbon. What are the names of all the Ribbons and how do you obtain them? This question has probably been asked for some time, but now it is time to answer this question. Without further ado, let's get started!

HlCWa4I.png

Champion Ribbon = A Ribbon that will be obtained if you win the Elite Four with this pokemon in your party (this can be any Elite Four area and it can even be obtained in a classic story run).

NMUkLA5.png

Winning Ribbon = A Ribbon Awarded for clearing the Battle Tower's Level 50 challenge (The pokemon will scale down to 50 if they are leveled a bit above).

vXQD08u.png

Victory Ribbon = A Ribbon Awarded for clearing the Battle Tower's Level 100 challenge (Make sure your pokemon are level 100 prior to entry).

tTUyYSK.png

Effort Ribbon = A Ribbon Awarded for maximizing your pokemon's EVs to 510. You can either obtain the Ribbon at Slateport City's Market or at Sunyshore City's Market. (Make sure that the pokemon recieving the Ribbon is in the lead slot prior to interacting with the Ribbon Merchant).

Effort Ribbon Merchants:

Slateport City Market's Effort Ribbon Location:

Hide contents

cvYYYOE.png

Sunyshore Market's Effort Ribbon Location:

Hide contents

ffHKO9M.png

mU1MgMC.png

Gorgeous Ribbon = A Ribbon Awarded after paying 10k to the Ribbon Syndicate NPC.

BRkM7oy.png

Royal Ribbon = A Ribbon Awarded after paying 100k to the Ribbon Syndicate NPC.

1vo3I4D.png

Gorgeous Royal Ribbon = A Ribbon Awarded after paying 1m to the Ribbon Syndicate NPC.

mTv5Jdi.png

The Cool, Beauty, Cute, Smart, and Tough Ribbons can be obtained from winning Contests at the Contest Hall in Lilycove City which is in Hoenn.

Reveal hidden contents

S9RwRwa.png

There are a total of 4 levels of difficulty for each rank. If you are going to do the contests, then it would be helpful to look at the Gauges for each stat (feed the necessary PokeBlocks to the pokemon you want to win the contest with). The pokemon summary should give you this information:

tj1v88O.png

Basic PokeBlock Key (The Plus Version is faster):

Red PokeBlock = Coolness

Blue PokeBlock = Beauty

Pink PokeBlock = Cuteness

Green PokeBlock = Smartness

Yellow PokeBlock = Toughness

How each PokeBlock can be made: Red = Cheri Berry; Blue = Chesto Berry; Pink = Pecha Berry; Green = Rawst Berry; Yellow = Aspear Berry

If you maximize the berry slots with four of the same berries as mentioned above, then you will obtain the Plus Version of a PokeBlock. PokeBlocks are located in the Berry Section of your Bag's Inventory.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tNNIbyF.png

As for the gatekeeper at the Ribbon Syndicate, she will not move until you have at least 24 Ribbons on your leading pokemon. She will then move out the way for you to access the remaining 3 ribbons once that requirement has been met.

Hide contents

Xp9xNuf.png

I though they were joking, you actually wrote the guide for a lot of things. I wanted to use these to get some ribbons for our Espeon. She has like 7 ribbons so far.

• 1 month later...
On 1/1/2021 at 4:37 AM, Bestfriends said:

tNNIbyF.png

I think they decrease the number of ribbons needed to enter the Ribbon Syndicate. After all, I went in with an eevee missing some ribbons(If I'm not mistaken, 8 ribbons) and even so they let me pass and buy the 3 Syndicate ribbons. (My Eevee is a Gift from history, 6x15, that i'm use like a pet. So, the number of ribbons missing can be 8 or 9, depending on whether the Gift ribbon counts or not.)

• 6 months later...

so my friend and i tested if you can enter ribbon syndicate with a pokemon from trade and found something weird

image.png.28a25ed179bb415f37c06ab4a51cd926.png

I gave my monty first, tried with 10 ribbons (excluding effort ribbon), didn't grant entry, and when we came back with the effort ribbon (so now 11 ribbons), still no entry.

image.png.fdcd4b56db62ba594d09c8810cceb509.png

I got entry way back tho, when my Dewgong only has Effort ribbon and 10 ribbons from the pokemon contests, no e4 champion, gorgeous and royal ribbons so 11 ribbons but i still got in. I kinda assume that the game checks for contest ribbons instead.

another thing is that bulbapedia said that you need 10 unique ribbons spread across your party, but i don't have another pokemon with less than 10 contest ribbons. Hoenn contests are busted rn so i can't get more ribbons. One thing i tried to check was to trade monty and a mon that has battle frontier ribbons (2 extra ribbons) to have access, but my friend wasn't granted entry.

when contests are fixed i'll try to check again if you can spread the ribbons across your party

• 6 months later...

There are 9 ribbons in SG/SS, and one of them is effort ribbon. So total of 8 new ribbons.

Out of 8 new ribbons, you can get 7 of them from the Week siblings.

“By going to the location on the right day of the week and talking to the Week Sibling, they will give players a certain type-enhancing held item. Each item can only be obtained once. If a Week Sibling is visited after all Week Siblings have been met at least once, they give one of Julia's Ribbons”

Monica Monday Route 40 Sharp Beak Sharp Beak Alert Ribbon.png Alert Ribbon
Tuscany* Tuesday Route 29   Pink BowGSC Shock Ribbon.png Shock Ribbon
TwistedSpoon TwistedSpoonHGSS
Wesley Wednesday Lake of Rage Black Belt Black Belt Downcast Ribbon.png Downcast Ribbon
Arthur Thursday Route 36 Hard Stone Hard Stone Careless Ribbon.png Careless Ribbon
Frieda Friday Route 32 Poison Barb Poison Barb Relax Ribbon.png Relax Ribbon
Santos Saturday Blackthorn City Spell Tag Spell TagGSC Snooze Ribbon.png Snooze Ribbon
Soft Sand Soft SandHGSS
Sunny Sunday Route 37 Magnet Magnet Smile Ribbon.png Smile Ribbon

Plus the Legend ribbon comes from defeating Red in Mountin Silver.

The Julia's ribbon is once per sibling per week, and the Red might be once a day(or 18hrs like Cynthia).

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Week_Siblings

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Ribbon

Edited by BiuBiv
  • 1 month later...