Highest XMas Event Score

On 12/29/2020 at 6:25 AM, Kyu said:

The highest I've noticed is a group which hit wave 25 with a score of 90+ after the most recent changes, but lost by feeding a life getting caught out in a 1v2. It seems like anything which gets past 24 got very lucky with their item drops; 16~23 Doubles becomes an endurance round which tests how well you banked your resources in the early game.

I got extremely unlucky with the item drop... I got only one PP for 12 waves and couldn't continue because of lack of pp

I managed to get 73 points with only 2 elfbots since the start. I decided to leave at that point because I was really tired after so many monotonous battles, but I had 6 lives and could've easility beaten another boss if I wanted to torture myself for another half hour. At this point I had to let the Psychic one die because I needed to heal the Fighting bot with Heal Pulse, and only had one Max Potion left + no Pink Boxes available. Still, I was somewhat lucky with my items.

1934335637_Captura4.png.4fe95bef729e831ef01bcfca04dec058.png

I started with the following set:

DEF Psychic Elfbot: Didn't change any move here, and used my first PP Max on Extrasensory. I also prioritized maximizing this elf IVs. I switched between TwistedSpoon and Expert Belt with this Elf, I got a Choice Specs in the end but only used it for 1 battle and then decided to leave. Protect was very important to fight Bug Elfbots and Guzzlord/Buzzwole. Victtory Star + Fighting Elfbot is an amazing combination. 

OFF Fighting Elfbot: I made a lot of modifications to this moveset. First of all, I replaced Facade with Asurance to help KO Ghost elfs as soon as I got the TM. Then, I replaced Protect with Fake Out as soon as I could, which was very useful to not waste to many PPs of Extrasensory/Jump Kick. Then I replaced Asurance with Fire Punch/Zen Headbutt/Wide Guard depending on what I needed at the time. Wide Guard was necessary to save HP when defeating the 5(!) Xurkitress I faced. After the 2v2 elfbots fights started I replaced Fake Out with Heal Pulse wich was probably the best decision I made because I could fight almost anything without worrying too much about the type advantage because I could heal bot elfs after the battle if necessary, at this point I also had a Choice Band, so Fake Out was useless. Prior to that I had an Expert Belt equiped most of the time. 

1282104290_Captura1.thumb.png.3ed40013a1dd6b1a3c5a839a46b5178d.png

1 hour ago, CrzPapel said:

I managed to get 73 points with only 2 elfbots since the start. I decided to leave at that point because I was really tired after so many monotonous battles, but I had 6 lives and could've easility beaten another boss if I wanted to torture myself for another half hour. At this point I had to let the Psychic one die because I needed to heal the Fighting bot with Heal Pulse, and only had one Max Potion left + no Pink Boxes available. Still, I was somewhat lucky with my items.

1934335637_Captura4.png.4fe95bef729e831ef01bcfca04dec058.png

I started with the following set:

DEF Psychic Elfbot: Didn't change any move here, and used my first PP Max on Extrasensory. I also prioritized maximizing this elf IVs. I switched between TwistedSpoon and Expert Belt with this Elf, I got a Choice Specs in the end but only used it for 1 battle and then decided to leave. Protect was very important to fight Bug Elfbots and Guzzlord/Buzzwole. Victtory Star + Fighting Elfbot is an amazing combination. 

OFF Fighting Elfbot: I made a lot of modifications to this moveset. First of all, I replaced Facade with Asurance to help KO Ghost elfs as soon as I got the TM. Then, I replaced Protect with Fake Out as soon as I could, which was very useful to not waste to many PPs of Extrasensory/Jump Kick. Then I replaced Asurance with Fire Punch/Zen Headbutt/Wide Guard depending on what I needed at the time. Wide Guard was necessary to save HP when defeating the 5(!) Xurkitress I faced. After the 2v2 elfbots fights started I replaced Fake Out with Heal Pulse wich was probably the best decision I made because I could fight almost anything without worrying too much about the type advantage because I could heal bot elfs after the battle if necessary, at this point I also had a Choice Band, so Fake Out was useless. Prior to that I had an Expert Belt equiped most of the time. 

1282104290_Captura1.thumb.png.3ed40013a1dd6b1a3c5a839a46b5178d.png

how many time did it take with only 2 player ? 

6 hours ago, AndreeBonifacio said:

Level difficulty: boang 

Almost 7 hours i guess...

Screenshot_20210101_151342.png

O3oujsJ.png

hah was a long run.was about 6hours not more.We were too tired i think u forgot heh.We managed to get to route33 with 4 lives.Only lost 1 by caught in 2v2 rounds.

That round started the impossible round which is 2v2+2(2random allies waiting to get in when allies die)

Was realy fun and hard first time getting there.Barely cleared half the round and lost all 4 lives.Had to lose 2 just to get pp restore cause was all out of items 8(

But even with pp i still had 2 lifes at full pp and died x2.Very hard 2 random elfs and fun.Just glad i managed to get a first taste of that new difficulty late game.

Too bad we lost a player who had to go in the 2v2 rounds before we even go to 2v3 rounds.gg guys was real fun!

Was half way to finish round for another boss.Rip was so close.

Edited by MightyBoxer
On 12/30/2020 at 2:23 PM, EssDeeCee said:

Now here's the next question for everyone.

Would you participate in the next event from the start? Or just wait to see what the devs do so you don't waste your time/money?

Its funny play this events. U can play just to get cash and look the best way to get money (5th boss fast and reset I think), play to farm items and wait months to get more cash or just try to get the best score. U choice your best way to play, or if u dont want play. 
WIth a few events in past years I learn this: Firsts days on events its better sell all things, and if u want buy (vanitys for example) wait until last event days. U can talk about win more or less cash, but never about lose or "waste" money. 

Personally and talking with my friends/team group, we all want participate from the start.