The Final Official [LC] Tournament of PokeMMO (Friday, January 1st)

Munya

On 12/29/2020 at 5:56 AM, NikhilR said:

@gbwead I have a proposal:

1) you agree to ban Conkeldurr from OU, and I shall play this LC tour

If LC is indeed dying and you need every single player possible to fill up the seats, then by not banning Conk in OU you could risk losing LC by having me and maybe others (@ThinkNicer and other anti-conk players please assemble) not participate, and we'd be happy to play in order to keep the tier you love alive xD

Bump

1 hour ago, Lvkee said:

Honestly I can't agree with this, I feel people are just willing to settle for shit now because they know it's way more likely the devs will listen to this.. Truth is ALL prizes have been horrible for the longest time - since it's a tier which needs perfect IV's a lot of the time it has been magnified.. People will not be motivated for prizes that they simply CAN NOT use.. This issue has been promised many times to be looked at, what happened? Giving us perfect non shinies wont cut it, we can grind these out in >1h.. It's not a special prize. OU will never get effected by bad prizes since the player base is so big. But tiers like LC and maybe even NU have a smaller player base so consistent terrible prizes are gonna kill off tiers lmao.. Fed up of the avoidance from devs, adding it back the same won't do anything since it will die again in 6 months if the prizes remain so crap.

@Kyu @Darkshade @Shu

Bump

25 minutes ago, Jaawax said:

The tournament is in 2 hours and no answer, even a negative one. Not really surprised.

Staff make nonsensical decision -> large outcry from players to reverse it -> complete silence from staff

We see it all the time. Same shit different day bro

On 12/29/2020 at 4:13 AM, gbwead said:

@Munya I have a proposal: 

1) you change this event from a 64 players tournament to a 256 players tournament
2) if the tournament completely fills, you guys have to keep LC as an official tier;
     if the tournament doesn't fill completely, you guys get the community support (even if you don't really need it) to shut down LC for good.

If LC is indeed dying and the participation rate is unsustainably low, you guys really would have nothing to lose while us LC players risk losing our very last LC tournament (if we don't reach the minimum quota of 128 players) just to prove you wrong xD

Also bump

Edited by Zymogen
1 minute ago, hannahtaylor said:

I'm talking about the amount of sign ups. Before, 16 seat tours weren't being filled. Now LC is going, this tour is full. If people really cared about LC then they should've played before.

But there is an independent variable in that this tournament is for a Shiny Larvesta, which is the best prize LC (or any tier for that matter) has seen in a significant length of time. You can't draw any conclusions by comparing the turnout for this tour with that of a 16 man CC

3 minutes ago, hannahtaylor said:

I'm talking about the amount of sign ups. Before, 16 seat tours weren't being filled. Now LC is going, this tour is full. If people really cared about LC then they should've played before.

They do tournaments at hours too favorable for latam, being the majority of tournaments at 8 am Argentina 

(thanks google traductor)

30 minutes ago, hannahtaylor said:

The thing is. People suddenly start caring now. If they really cared they should've played BEFORE LC is going to be removed.

fair, I'm gonna rush blindly for a 2x31 4x29 ferroseed  as hard as I would for a shiny Larvesta.

Don't get me wrong but LC is not the only tier getting filled most of the time, the only difference between LC and other tiers is the amount of tours that are made out of CC. Easy to say that LC is dying and no one is playing when the only thing we're allowed to win is a Community Combat which is not worth our time ?

34 minutes ago, hannahtaylor said:The thing is. People suddenly start caring now. If they really cared they should've played BEFORE LC is going to be removed.

some of us don’t really wake up for cc’s or unusable 6x31s anymore (god bless the gen 8 update that made my blastoise decent tho). But believe me, if someone told us they’d remove the tier if we don’t play, I’d at least make an effort to show up, and I’m sure plenty would do the same.
I think @Lvkee said it earlier, the prizes have a lot to do with the turnouts, and with how specific LC is in needing certain ivs to maximize stats (there are times where 4x25 and even 4x29 will give you a worse roll), a good bit of prizes are seen as useless or at the very least not optimal. 
Regardless of the ultimate decision with deleting this tier, I’ll still be running invitational tournaments with a 100M+ first place prize at the end of this year. We have an unofficial tc in place if it’s needed.
But yeahh calling a tier dead then seeing it’s final tournament fill instantly, good call 

6 minutes ago, EEdays said:

No really... LC CC normally hold on 3 am/ 7am in China, hard to wake up and play, although we want to.  Sad... by the time LC pass away from MMO, I lost my mind on MMO..

oh most of the tours are around 12-4 pm cet for me i thought its good time for asia then mb 

Edited by Quinn010
1 hour ago, hannahtaylor said:

The thing is. People suddenly start caring now. If they really cared they should've played BEFORE LC is going to be removed.

1 hour ago, hannahtaylor said:

2x31 4x29 cc = shiny larvesta
You cant talk seriously..

First of all, we need PU,

Second, metronome tournaments

Spoiler

Actually Doubles was unpopular, if not it was still useful in game as you can use them in Gym Rematches or Battle Frontier or some Trainer battles.

And Little Cup has no place in the game so new players not breeding them as they didn't see them essential. 

It could be great to have Battle Tower or Battle Frontier-like building which you can only enter battles with LC tier pokes (lv5) and so players could use these pokemons outside of Player Vs Player battles.

Whatever removing LC without any explanation everyone can nod, feels wrong for me.

Edited by FinnTheMember