[Gift Shop] Option to buy Pokemon

Sintatic

Question

So my Idea is to create an option to buy an untradeable Pokemon with real money.

Everything can be edited and everything have a price:

For example, if you want it shiny it would be more expensive.

If you want 3x31 it would be more expensive than 2x31 and less than 4x31

If you want egg moves you would've to pay also the egg moves

So you have a box to choose everything and as you editing you can see the "actual price" of pokemon

5 answers to this question

27 minutes ago, Iziksquirel said:

I'd have to say I don't much like the idea of the game becoming this transparently Pay-To-Win. A lot of the game is working for your goals and this seems like putting a price tag on hard work.

good point, didn't think on it

8 hours ago, EricRasp said:

Breeders exist in this game and they can breed a mon for you. Sure they take some profit but that's only expected because breeding takes time and effort. 

But for example, if I want a comp shiny Dragonite or something like that and I just have almost no time to play because of my work and stuff what's the problem of buying an untradeable one?

Could be just an option to buy shiny particle to a Pokémon and make it untradeable, i dont know

This is my vision

Edited by Sintatic
7 minutes ago, Sintatic said:

But for example, if I want a comp shiny Dragonite or something like that and I just have almost no time to play because of my work and stuff what's the problem of buying an untradeable one?

Could be just an option to buy shiny particle to a Pokémon and make it untradeable, i dont know

This is my vision

The ability to poof a shiny into existence, no matter what price tag you put on it, is a very quick way to completely destroy the game's shiny economy. Even if it's untradeable, it still has an impact as the species becomes less rare/special among the playerbase as more and more people obtain them. It causes the demand to go down as people get what they want without the tradeable supply going down alongside it, resulting in reduced value. A lot of a rare shiny's demand also comes from how few of them there are in the world. This suggestion sets a hard ceiling on the value of tradeable shinies too - why pay more (current market price) for one with random OT/IVs when you can spend less buying enough RP vouchers to instantly make one that meets your standards yourself?

It's not as harmless as it seems. Anything that translates to "shinies are easier to get" and/or "more people have rare shinies now" is going to have a very significant impact on their value.