GTL search criterion alert

OrangeManiac

Question

I'd be surprised if something like this wasn't already suggested but as I couldn't find specifically anything related to this, here goes.

I'm suggesting that you could set up GTL search criterion alerts in the game. It gets a bit tiring having to re-type certain IVs/Egg groups/gender over and over again when checking a GTL that whether someone finally has put a listing I needed. That's why I'm suggesting you could use the filter option in GTL to set up an alert when someone has made a listing that fits your search criterion. This could be done with either a System message or a Mail or whatever works for you.

3 answers to this question

Could be really tiresome if you get like 15 alerts while offline and they all sold. Maybe good for shiny breeders.

Reducing UI and key bind GTL refresh could be awesome though. Honestly there are so many things to upgrade GTL QoL. Like having possibility to put 31 in advanced research without having to type it. Or have instant info when you hover mouse over mons (I always have to stay like 3 seconds on it for it to appear and it doesn't always work). And so on. Upvoted anyways, it doesn't hurt.

2 hours ago, CrzPapel said:

I feel like this would only help people that use bots on the GTL, instead of people that really would need it.

I'm not really following how this would help bot users, in fact I see it completely other way around. If someone used illegal means (bots) to query the GTL, they would be able to non-stop refresh the GTL and buy when something comes up. Having a system message text/mail would be something that would have to be interpreted by an actual player.