Vanity's design this 2020

So 2020 is about to end in few days and I just want to say how disappointed I am in all the Limited Vanity's Items design they released this year. So many good suggestions in the vanity thread section but instead picking there they gave us bare minimum design. Seeing the vanities in the past years vs now are they design by the same person? Vanity in the past is just so much better.

No hate just disappointed.

2020 years was a worse years ever, i dont like any newest design its one of disappointment and you should feel shammed unlike 2015-2019 halloween design wasn't that bad i really like it, my point is its so disappointed ill not buy anything expect teddy bear tbh i never seen one before or ever add it before is all i care.

in 2020 halloween there's this thing called redeye / greeneye i general do not like eyeball mask thing its look like corona eyeball and they stare at you and blinking at you... thats some freaky creep style but less details and texture and ugly design i give it 1/10 i dont wanna look at it, if i see someone wearing it or links partner is using eyeball mask i swear to god i dont wanna be group with corona eyeball trainer its creepy and you might spread some chemical virus and you might be criminal 100% im calling it. 

4 minutes ago, FelinkaAnnie said:

2020 years was a worse years ever, i dont like any newest design its one of disappointment and you should feel shammed unlike 2015-2019 halloween design wasn't that bad i really like it, my point is its so disappointed ill not buy anything expect teddy bear tbh i never seen one before or ever add it before is all i care.

in 2020 halloween there's this thing called redeye / greeneye i general do not like eyeball mask thing its look like corona eyeball and they stare at you and blinking at you... thats some freaky creep style but less details and texture and ugly design i give it 1/10 i dont wanna look at it, if i see someone wearing it or links partner is using eyeball mask i swear to god i dont wanna be group with corona eyeball trainer its creepy and you might spread some chemical virus and you might be criminal 100% im calling it. 

4d5.png?width=470&height=406

27 minutes ago, FelinkaAnnie said:

okay lets ignore this bs and give some actual feedback

35 minutes ago, Darkshade said:

Could you elaborate more on this?

Which vanities are you making a comparison to from previous years compared to current, and which suggestions in the vanity thread do you think would make good limited releases?

Okay my opinions on the new vanities 2020 in chronological order:

Phoenix Set - i liked it. even though it was another pokemon costume it kinda had its own style where for example the costume looked more like actual clothing

Fancy Butterfly Wings - finally some limited wings and im always down for some lightning effects, those were nice imo

Ufo hat - those are the ones i didnt like at all and im pretty sure thats the vast majority of players when i look how fast the price of it dropped. i think that the design looks - sorry - lazy because there are a couple of hats that just look like copy and paste with a few tweaks (UFO Hat, Lillipad Sombrero, Snow Globe Hat), Please dont release any more of them :D

Eyeball Mask - very unique and i think they were well received, already rising in price only a few weeks after the halloween event. Probably the best vanity of this year

Snow Globe Hat - Pretty much like Ufo Hat - i think its my least favorite limited ever introduced. i dunno, it looks like the house in the globe is stuck on my head 

In General one can say that limited vanities that are unique and dont look like they just another form of XY are best received by the community and going through the roof in demand after a short while - Electric Storms. Kyu Hat, Knight Helmet, Flaming Skulls, Plague Masks, Reaper Hoods are some popular examples. There are so many slots in character design that havent gotten any limiteds yet - for example hands, another hairstily (besides electric storm). Maybe even Eyes, Face and so one could receive customization. 

Overall you doing a great job darkshade, just spare us with more "sombrero hats" and we good to go. :D

Edited by Quakkz
4 hours ago, Darkshade said:

Which vanities are you making a comparison to from previous years compared to current, and which suggestions in the vanity thread do you think would make good limited releases?

Give us Limited Female Hair. there is no a single Female hair in the gift shop.

Top with Limited Colorable 

Give us a vanity's with Good Quality!

Past Limited Vanity's

Desu Lab/Kyu Hat/Knight Helmet/Jack o Lantern/Rudolph Antlers/Orange & Blue Flaming Skull/Red & Black Reaper/ Black & White Plague Doctor Mask. How come from all those Hat designs what we are getting now is UFO, Eyeball Mask design and so on. 

Here are the design you should guys considered and many more.

https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/14462-vanity-thread/&do=findComment&comment=1695685

https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/14462-vanity-thread/&do=findComment&comment=1584378

Edited by shushaku

I mean, let's be real here. They know by now that they could release a literal flaming poop hat and slap a limited sticker on it and it would still sell like hotcakes for a short period because of how well certain older limited vanities have done. Even a black rectangle would sell with a limited vanity logo. If they put the good ones in the gift shop as normal items, it's ez rp money forever from those vanities instead of a big short burst, which they would get anyway from a steaming poop hat + a limited tag. I don't think this is the right approach by any means, but it shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.

For the record, I also thought that the fancy butterfly wings were actually nice. Kinda on the fence on the big eyeball masks - I'm sure the whole point of those were to be creepy. I'm 100% not a fan of the 2 or 3 piece limited sets like phoenix. Others are far too similar and its glaringly obvious, I've discussed this in past threads - it does feel cheap and lazy, but again, they will sell regardless because of the limited tag.

I also 100% agree there are some absolute bangers in the suggestion thread, like the scouter one mentioned above:

1 hour ago, shushaku said:

Give us a vanity's with Good Quality!

you already pretty much stated that but

5 hours ago, Darkshade said:

we need more information on what you find "Good Quality!" im sure darkshade is hard at work trying to make vanities acceptable and worthy to the playerbase such as adding torch glove vanity which was a hit and theres the cons such as my sawsbuck seasonal bike vanity being rejected (not really i just personally wished it was a thing)

Edited by GodofKawaii