January-Movement Discussion Thread

15 minutes ago, JorgeFirebolt said:

I dont feel like droping dugtrio and electrode to NU is a good idea with the big variety of screen abusers/set up sweepers there is inside NU itself, it would completly ruin what NU used to be..

I agree, just imagine screens, memento and gg

I agree, Dugtrio seems quite uncompetitive for the NU tier with the majority of its common mons susceptible to either a trapped RK (Blaziken, Manectric, Magneton, Houndoom), or an outright kill to break down opposing walls (Steelix, Drapion, Gigalith, Rhydon). It can even pressure Mismagius with Pursuit. Add that it needs very little moveset variability to be effective (Jolly with Focus Sash and EQ, Stealth Rock, Memento, Pursuit/Stone Edge) and you have a potent killing machine that can also provide a remarkable amount of support. It's a great Pokemon, but also one that probably shouldn't be in our Neverused tier.

I'd support an instant ban from NU.

Edited by DoubleJ
Gigalith UU, whooooops

Agree with the Dugtrio quick ban. Offers too much with little to no drawback, not healthy at all.

Machamp might be also suspect material but If Gligar drops with him I'm not very sure anymore. It'll at least be centralizing  kind of like Conkeldurr in OU (which isn't really healthy lol). I can't think of many switch ins besides Spiritomb? (Fuck that mon but if Machamp does come back then it'd be a good mon again I guess).

Electrode is the least dangerous but at the same time still quite toxic in NU. I mean we have a screener already in Serperior, but main difference is Electrode has Explosion and can give insta moméntum, + the speed it has allows it to outspeed even the likes of Blaziken Scarf.

I don't really like these guys coming to NU but I can't say either they all don't have a place in the tier. Let's see how they do after a while.

3 hours ago, Akaruyo said:

I can't think of many switch ins besides Spiritomb?

Musharna, Weezing, Golbat, Duosion, Nidoqueen, Venu, Slowking, Egg, Tangela/Tangrowth (sands gone, whoop whoop), bulky Croak, Rotom, bulky Gurdurr might all be worth looking into; probably even more. Guts/BU doesnt play much different than Hariyama, which is in a healthy spot and while SubChamp is annoying the mons above should handle it.

More screens seems annoying, but dont think trode can be put to BL for being fast and setting them up. 

Fuck duggy in NU... JJ summed it up nicely and im really glad theres tc members that dont want to see NU burn. I really am.

Altough nobody can really influence that, i really hope Gligar is gonna drop. Would be cool to see a good mon for balance. Sand gone is great too, so thank you UU people.

6 hours ago, NOREButler said:

Musharna, Weezing, Golbat, Duosion, Nidoqueen, Venu, Slowking, Egg, Tangela/Tangrowth (sands gone, whoop whoop), bulky Croak, Rotom, bulky Gurdurr might all be worth looking into; probably even more. Guts/BU doesnt play much different than Hariyama, which is in a healthy spot and while SubChamp is annoying the mons above should handle it.

More screens seems annoying, but dont think trode can be put to BL for being fast and setting them up. 

Fuck duggy in NU... JJ summed it up nicely and im really glad theres tc members that dont want to see NU burn. I really am.

Altough nobody can really influence that, i really hope Gligar is gonna drop. Would be cool to see a good mon for balance. Sand gone is great too, so thank you UU people.

what does mean balance for nu players? i dont have idea to

2 minutes ago, NOREButler said:

So? How is Mane being untiered a surprise? And linoones gonna peak now with trode NU, dont worry.

Time to get into other tiers. Duggy NU is a huge step backwards, but whatever.

without nidoqueen, manectric can give many nu teams a lot of trouble.

now with dugtrio if u trapp nidoqueen,  manectric can play good too.