January-Movement Discussion Thread

Final month of a season, 4.36% to move either way.

Moving Up to OU from UU:
Rotom-Mow: 4.88% usage in OU

Up to UU from NU:
Gigalith - 5.06% usage in UU
Slowbro - 4.52% usage in UU

Down to NU from UU:

Electrode - 4.10% usage in UU
Machamp - 3.81% usage in UU
Victreebel - 3.43% usage in UU
Dugtrio - 3.31% usage in UU

Discuss away.

Machamp dropping? Not sure if that's a good idea but I've been wrong before about mons that dropped and were fine in a certain tier. I'll defo give it a shot but I can see already issues while dealing with this mon (might be very centralizing).

5 minutes ago, RysPicz said:

Machamp dropping? Not sure if that's a good idea but I've been wrong before about mons that dropped and were fine in a certain tier. I'll defo give it a shot but I can see already issues while dealing with this mon (might be very centralizing).

machamp was really strong in NU last time he dropped, both his common sets dynamic/guts were really really strong, so im also not sure if this is a great idea either.

Also dislike Dugtrio dropping, but I guess we'll find out how strong it is soon

Machamp was already tested in NU a few months ago and, despite all the complaints prior to Machamp dropping, it turned out that Machamp was completely fine. NU obviously has changed in these past few months, but certainly not to the point where Machamp needs to be quick banned. 

edit: back in august, Machamp had 6.40% usage for a 48.50% win rate
        back in september, Machamp had 5.38% usage for 50.68% win rate

Edited by gbwead

Machamp would have been fine if we kept Slowbro... it was very oppressive before and it will certainly continue to be if it drops again. We also had Gligar when Machamp was last in NU, which could wall it at least to some degree and prevent Bulk Up setup with Taunt. We do have Golbat, but it takes a decent chunk from Stone Edge, especially if Guts. Granted, we do have Spiritomb which can at least PP stall Stone Edge on a non-setup set.

It’s very bulky, very powerful, has access one of the most obnoxious & uncompetitive STAB moves in Dynamic Punch, and therefore does not have very many effective defensive answers. With its bulk, typing and access to priority, revenge killing Machamp can also be very difficult. Let’s not even mention Bulk Up Machamp under Dual Screens now that Electrode is also dropping. 

I don’t want Machamp back in NU. 

(I would supply calcs but I’m currently on mobile sorry)

————————————————

I also believe Electrode will be very centralising in NU, especially alongside Dugtrio, given the sheer number of powerhouses in the tier that can abuse Dual Screens: Feraligatr, Linoone, Bibarel, Machamp (if it drops), Lilligant, Escavalier, Gallade, and Drapion to name but a few. 

Edited by Zymogen
2 hours ago, Munya said:

Moving Up to OU from UU:

Up to UU from NU:

Down to NU from UU:

Just my opinion but for me : 
- unban mienfoo 
- eletrode and dugtrio shouldn't be dropped cause the screen + trap and memento would be unstoppable and toxik af. It should stay in UU.

28 minutes ago, gbwead said:

I vote to unban Mienfoo. In the event Mienfoo doesn't get unbanned, I vote to ban Porygon.

What is everybodies opinion on this, we had people in favor and arguing for banning Regenerator, an ability solely used by Mienfoo right now, but wanting mienfoo to stay, was mienfoo a problem or not, do we renege on this decision or look at "new" problems(Porygon). I personally would like ot look forward but am accepting feedback from the dwindling for a long time now tier.

Speaking as the resident LC expert on the council, I second the opinion to UNBAN mienfoo as it was unjustly banned before, as there was no majority consensus to ban it. Mienfoo is important glue for LC and has caused people to shift away from playing LC. Usage is an extremely weak argument to ban anything in LC (and tbh is a generally weak argument in other tiers too), as it does not prove something is overcentralizing or unhealthy to the tier. #makeLCgreatagain

As for the announced drops, dugtrio and machamp are the more concerning ones, but they are both pokemon that could have a large impact on the meta or seemingly no impact at all. If they are decidedly banworthy down the line, it is more likely they are banworthy due to unhealthiness based on trapping (dugtrio) or overcentralization around either of them, rather than being objectively offensive uber or support uber. Since both of these ubers characteristics require examining the pokemon in the meta for an extended period of time, it does not make sense to preemptively ban them at this time. 

1 hour ago, Munya said:

¿Cuál es la opinión de todo el mundo sobre esto? 

Personally, I do not agree with my banning, and I continue to do so, Lc makes me healthier with me than without it, many mons became more dangerous than they used to be, an example is clamperl, before they took protect to avoid the fake out, to which it ended up being weakened by the pokes plants, since it usually only carried hp grass and surf but while in the tier, it is free to carry ice beam for those plant type counters, porygon got out of control by getting one of his best checks, and we lost the best disarm and pivot user in the tier, in favor of unbanning sincerely. On the part of NU, I feel that machamp will be a disaster, spiritomb can emerge as a good counter, but must have a psychic forced to hit him enough, in addition, machamp can certainly carry "Foresight" as some hitmonchan do, a good counter Dusknoir comes to mind, but it suffers from toxicity, it is also a matter of seeing how it does in the tier and see if in the end it ends up being as unhealthy as we think

7 hours ago, Munya said:

Moving Up to OU from UU:

Up to UU from NU:

Down to NU from UU:

Discuss away.

Rotom to ou ok

Gigalith slowbro ok

Electrode no, same problem with screeners team in uu, but in nu u not have so much pokes for count it in NU.

In UU u have krooko, rotom scarf and so much more.

Machamp no, idk why ppl say "spiritomb wall him", is a joke?

Victreebel ok, without sun in nu vic not have usage.

Dugtrio no, u can use srocks memento and trap so much mons in nu in this meta, if dugtrio go to nu all teams probably run with more walls or full offens with him.

Mienfo unban, what reason was for banned him? So much use? Regenerator? Is a nice pivot yea, but in this meta need a poke same than him, now this meta is spam berry juice recycle bc he is banned

3 hours ago, xMago said:

Slowbro ok

Electrode no, same problem with screeners team in uu, but in nu u not have so much pokes for count it in NU.

Slowbro was fine in nu, but well, usage its usage we cant do nothing

also the only real problem isnt only electrode, the other one it's dugtrio that can trap and revenge kill something also it has alot of sets that could give free set up to bely drumers/shell smasher in screen with trode, and now even iwith the slowbro ban (in my opinion) blaziken would destroy the entire tier, aside of alomomola (unless good predict to use thunderpunch) since slowbro got banned, nidoqueen can get trapped and killed also without slowbro, machamp would be insanely problematic and annoying with his variou ssets, that even golbat wouldt win with rocks up

for me imo the only ok pokemon that can stay nu it's victreebeel but id would think that will go back uu for usage. that nu tier its just being on f the most problematic and hard to handle it, id rather would think  it's time to make the RU tier , but dont think it will happne as we know from TC :C

Edited by DarylDixon
6 hours ago, xMago said:

Machamp no, idk why ppl say "spiritomb wall him", is a joke?

Why is machamp so broken that when it went down in NU last time, it only had 5% of usage? 

And how doesnt spiritomb wall machamp? Foul play on any set is efficient, wow on no guard set destroy it, hex on the guts set detroy it, etc

Edited by Stelian
1 hour ago, Stelian said:

Why is machamp so broken that when it went down in NU last time, it only had 5% of usage? 

And how doesnt spiritomb wall machamp? Foul play on any set is efficient, wow on no guard set destroy it, hex on the guts set detroy it, etc

go mmo and send me duel with ur spiritomb, i know 100% i won with my machamp 1vs1

12 hours ago, Munya said:

What is everybodies opinion on this, we had people in favor and arguing for banning Regenerator, an ability solely used by Mienfoo right now, but wanting mienfoo to stay, was mienfoo a problem or not, do we renege on this decision or look at "new" problems(Porygon). I personally would like ot look forward but am accepting feedback from the dwindling for a long time now tier.

Porygon isnt a new problem. Mienfoo couldn't switch at all into the offensive version, and couldnt even revenge kill agility versions of it as well. If porygon is considered broken now, it should be considered broken in the past and Mienfoo has nothing to do with it, which is interesting cause offensive porygon had little usage in that same past.

1 minute ago, LifeStyleNORE said:

Machamp is garbage. Please don't let Dugtrio and Electrode drop lmao

I'm not so sure about Electrode, although it has some nasty interactions, most notably that linoone that recently dropped.

Dugtrio, on the other hand, I'm strongly against this thing in NU. It just traps way too many common things as well as having the most important stat in NU being speed.