Christmas Event Bosses

Zilan

A random event boss is unlocked at the end of 3rd wave.They are not so hard to defeat.

After beating boss, ONE of the members battling the boss will get 1 big robot part , which should be delivered back to the NPC elf in the ice cave for score registration.. 

*whoever gets this robot part from boss would not receive any extra santa gift or robot part after event.

You may also obtain a big robot part from the blue gift box (at a very low chance)- make sure you deliver it to the cave elf too , to add to the score.

1 big robot part registered= 1 point added

If you then exit or run out of lives after winning the boss fight , each link member will get at least 1 big robot part (if delivered)  and 4 child`s presents.

The 'Ultra Beast' Bosses :  

xurkitree.PNG.80fe19233ee9f8ed33fe5f41988ea3aa.PNG

1376664219_xurkitree_2PNG.PNG.47ee7acdb281a25c3fcfed2be766963e.PNG

Circuitree (Xurkitree)

Known Weakness: Ground

Move Coverage:  Energy ball, Discharge,Luster Purge, Signal Beam

guzzlord.PNG.8ffd3fb2f5704a3c71a8f3f1be3f52a3.PNG1678339249_guzzlord2.PNG.42cfc1e905bddb9e60bd8027f071de30.PNG

Mountain Muncher (Guzzlord)

Known Weakness: Fighting,Bug

Moves: Rock Slide, Crunch, 

1294423754_buzzwole1.PNG.160f5f40c0336ca8aa3795f984d21866.PNG

robosanta.PNG.4ea3e8b7b04bd9962044012610fbccf6.PNG

Robosanta (Buzzwole) 

Known weakness: Psychic, Flying  (Sky Drop is useless as Robosanta is too heavy to be picked up)

Moves: Thunder Punch, Ice Punch,Earthquake, Hammer Arm , Drain punch, Payback

Strategy: brave bird+follow me , or

extrasensory (defensive)+ ghost elf with fake out  (Fake out removed from ghost elf ) ^great job! 

Edited by Zilan

Hey Aka. Just wondering if you mind sharing some principles to reach boss fight? I've tried a bunch of different things, including supports, but i just cannot seem to find the right combination of types to go with. I have only made it to the end of the 2nd wave before dying. I would love to get some guidelines from you since you've been reaching the boss fights quite a bit. Thank you!

E: of course, maybe im just bad. 

Still, would love some advice or guidelines I suppose :p

Edited by buddyhoodie
3 minutes ago, buddyhoodie said:

Hey Aka. Just wondering if you mind sharing some principles to reach boss fight? I've tried a bunch of different things, including supports, but i just cannot seem to find the right combination of types to go with. I have only made it to the end of the 2nd wave before dying. I would love to get some guidelines from you since you've been reaching the boss fights quite a bit. Thank you!

Sure!

I'm not sure if this is the best way of doing it, but I've been pretty much going with a couple of combos that seem to be quite good. I first reached the boss spamming Offensive Fighting + Defensive Grass, and was able to reach the boss a couple of more times with Offensive Grass + Defensive Fire and Offensive Ghost + Defensive Fighting. Some friends said they've been succesful with Offensive Flying + Defensive Dark, but I haven't tried it yet.
The only time I managed to beat the Munch Boss was with Offensive Psychic + Defensive Fighting (Ghost died so we replaced it with Psychic thinking it was only fight and it was dark as well lol).

First 3 waves just focus on getting the presents. If by any chance you have a really bad matchup vs an Elf that's guarding the present then don't fight it (lets say you for some reason picked double fire and you go vs Rock lol). By the time you get all the presents you probably fought enough to be almost at 3rd wave. Try and not waste all your PPs on certain matchups. For example with the Ghost - Fight combo what you want to do is Fake Out + Attack, so don't burn all the 10 Fake Outs of the Fighting type elf and the 15 Shadow Balls right away. Try and alternate PP's, for example vs Poison try to go for Fake Out + Thunderbolt and after that you Shadow Ball. 

Only use Ethers when at 0 PP (Unless it's a 15/20 pp move, you can use it at 5/10 but I would wait anyway in case you die you get the PP back)

Try to get your team done with the first items you get. If you get a TwistedSpoon and a Black Belt, you can go for Psychic Offense + Fight defense. Also pay close attention to the elves you're facing because usually there are only 5-6 types around (When I was Ghost-Fight I had Dragon-Electric-Ice-Poison-Normal). Once you beat the boss though, the elves become stronger and have more types, plus they'll call for reinforcements If you don't kill them in Turn 1.

I haven't got useful TM's so far but a friend told me they got Helping Hand & Follow Me, so definetely make your Elves learn those moves if they fit their kit. (You don't want those support moves on Offensive mons lol).

Another update on the rewards:

I just got to the 4th wave with a friend of mine (The wave that spawns after beating the Boss) and when we died we only got 5 Presents each, not a single Big Piece nor anything. I don't know if it's a bug or we were just unlucky as fuck but it doesn't seem to be guaranteed. (we were only 2. Maybe that makes it different?)

Also the first time I reached the boss I was in a party of 4, we didn't beat the boss but one of us DID get a Big Piece. I don't get how the event works XD

1 minute ago, Akaruyo said:

Another update on the rewards:

I just got to the 4th wave with a friend of mine (The wave that spawns after beating the Boss) and when we died we only got 5 Presents each, not a single Big Piece nor anything. I don't know if it's a bug or we were just unlucky as fuck but it doesn't seem to be guaranteed. (we were only 2. Maybe that makes it different?)

Also the first time I reached the boss I was in a party of 4, we didn't beat the boss but one of us DID get a Big Piece. I don't get how the event works XD

Is it just random who gets the big piece? that's kinda RNG screwy.

Also, thanks for the good write up!

8 hours ago, Akaruyo said:

Offensive Ghost + Defensive Fighting

This tbh. 

Offensive ghost + Offensive Psy also good

8 hours ago, EssDeeCee said:

You probably didn't deliver it, I did the same on my first run (we died trying to deliver and got nothing) 

What you guys think most effective way of farming the event is ?

Back in 2018 I was in a squad with Aard, Suigin and a 4th and we reached Wave 100 with a 100% safe method (and had to suicide cause taking too long we realized by the rewards it was absolutely not worth going this far too tbh xD), I'm not sure if I'm rusty or this one's much harder but you don't regen PP with heal boxes which is a bit inconvenient, maybe just getting to 1st boss and just beating it, delivering and forfeiting is the most efficient method ... Anyone got a deep run ?

EDIT : Oh also Xurkitree has Discharge and boost its speed when flinched or something 

Edited by TohnR
9 hours ago, Akaruyo said:

I haven't got useful TM's so far but a friend told me they got Helping Hand & Follow Me, so definetely make your Elves learn those moves if they fit their kit. (You don't want those support moves on Offensive mons lol).

Theres also a heal pulse one. 

10 hours ago, Zilan said:

Has anyone continue fighting after the 1st boss? Is there a 2nd boss? 

I dont bother continuing after 1st boss, and so do many. 

I did. I beat the boss and went another wave before we died. We also found a 2nd part! When we all died finally it decided to only give me credit for ONE big robot part! INSTEAD of the two that we collected! 
Needless to say I feel like I got robbed. Not worth doing after the first boss 

Edited by SebbyKunnn