What is the objective of insane catch rates?

iirc devs had mentioned that the game should not be too easy and so they tweaked catch rates etc.

All I want is one cyndaquil with my ot. I just spent 2 hours at hoenn safari and encountered 17 cyndaquils and threw ~70 safari balls and haven't caught one.

I mean, what is the purpose of this catch rate if you just can't catch one? This is just beyond not being easy. This is so absurd. Are cyndaquils so valuable they are worth more than 2hrs worth of gameplay?

they are one of the most difficult pokemon to catch because safari is hardest place to catch.

Even if beldum is only 3 catch rate you can at least 1hp sleep it and stronger ball + no flee.

I think chansey has the lowest catch rate in safari so i would say hardest to catch in game.

I think shedinja is the most rare shiny as i dont think you can breed it so no perfect stats.

I think those johto starters are probly the 2nd most rare shiny as you pretty much will not catch if you find it.Very unlikely.

Its pretty much gonna be from breeding.While others can be lucky and find a squirtle in the wild and just catch it by sending ball after ball.

I know its a pain to catch some pokemon but just be patient.Almomola used to be very hard to find and its a little easier with more pheno spots.

I think its good that a few pokemon are hard to catch or find.As well as some pokemon hard to see like doing frontier to find legendary dogs and stuff.

I had to visit safari hoenn like 3 times to catch cyndaquil.It is a pain so just be patient.

Edited by MightyBoxer

Throw a bait. If it says "cyndaquil is eating!" Throw a ball. If it escapes "watch the text carefully"

Game literally throws you hints

If it says "cyndaquil is watching carefully!" Throw another bait. ONLY 1 at a time. DO NOT THROW A BAIT IF IT SAYS ITS STILL EATING AFTER THE POKEBALL POPS AND IT ESCAPES. Your first bait is still active, throwing another one will simply reduce its catch rate further. You dont want that. You simply dont want it to run. 

If it says "cyndaquil is eating!" After it escapes from the first pokeball.....throw another ball. Watch again when it pops. Repeat the steps above. If watching carefully....anither bait....if still eating...another ball.

I can catch chansey like this. I do it all the time. Ez pz. 

NEVER. Use rocks 

1 hour ago, CLOPEN said:

iirc devs had mentioned that the game should not be too easy and so they tweaked catch rates etc.

All I want is one cyndaquil with my ot. I just spent 2 hours at hoenn safari and encountered 17 cyndaquils and threw ~70 safari balls and haven't caught one.

I mean, what is the purpose of this catch rate if you just can't catch one? This is just beyond not being easy. This is so absurd. Are cyndaquils so valuable they are worth more than 2hrs worth of gameplay?

17 in 2 hours wow. 

For me it took around 10hours to get all of em. 

• 2 years later...
On 12/24/2020 at 11:21 AM, HerickJS said:

that's just how mmos work, all you need is luck

also make sure you're just throwing balls, bait and rocks are not recommended

this is bs, there are percentages, and you can calculate aproximatively how long should it take to catch a specific pokemon or achieve another task, if it was 1 chance out of 1,000,000,000 and you can have 1 opportunity every minute, of course you could be lucky and catch one in a single day, but math says you will likely need about 30 years of continuos gameplay to catch it (these numbers are just an example).

if you can't understand math behind what you call luck, you should play lottery, not pokemmo (even if sometimes they feel the same thing)

6 hours ago, ronarid said:

this is bs, there are percentages, and you can calculate aproximatively how long should it take to catch a specific pokemon or achieve another task, if it was 1 chance out of 1,000,000,000 and you can have 1 opportunity every minute, of course you could be lucky and catch one in a single day, but math says you will likely need about 30 years of continuos gameplay to catch it (these numbers are just an example).

if you can't understand math behind what you call luck, you should play lottery, not pokemmo (even if sometimes they feel the same thing)

bro are you a necromancer, this thread is literally from 3 years ago

3 hours ago, CanadaSorry said:

3 years later, i still stand by the bait+ball method for catching rares. 

Anything common just throw ball (nidoran, doduo, phanpy etc), anything super common (magikarps/oddish etc) throw rock then throw ball

I have a better method:

Don't visit a Safari at all. 

I don't want to lose a shiny like some people on global lost. If i need any mon of safari, I'd rather buy it and breed. Even for catch karps, i prefer go to Sootopolis and lose the better odds of IV 31, than go and face the risk of a Shiny Flee.

5 hours ago, caioxlive13 said:

I have a better method:

I don't want to lose a shiny like some people on global lost. If i need any mon of safari, I'd rather buy it and breed. Even for catch karps, i prefer go to Sootopolis and lose the better odds of IV 31, than go and face the risk of a Shiny Flee.

High risk = high reward. Dont be a uguu.

Edited by CanadaSorry

Do Safari pokemon have better odds of good ivs? 

5 hours ago, caioxlive13 said:

I have a better method:

6 hours ago, caioxlive13 said:

I have a better method:

The point of the thread is that the OP wanted to complete the OT Caught pokédex. It's impossible to do that without going to Safari. 

12 hours ago, CaptnBaklava said:

Do Safari pokemon have better odds of good ivs? 

no, i catched so many pokemon on safari and the ivs are completly normal, i even have the feel that they have lower ivs, but surely is because i've seen too much trash catches there, more than from other places

anyway guys, let's keep talking about cyndaquill ridicolous catch rate, is anyone able to tell exactly what are the % chances to catch him, each time you find him at the safari?

to my experience they are something like 3%, but that's not result of any math or exact data.

later i will try making sessions, just throwing balls, and other throwing bait and then balls, and keep track of catches/encounters, problem is they are so rare that resulting numbers will not be reliable as true %

• 3 weeks later...

The game suffers from a problem of people who use bots to farm and the devs to try to maintain the economy of the game the game rates go down and down, I spent 5 hours to catch a cynda and it turns out that you have them in the gtl at 3k xD, it happens with almost everything, very low rates but mysteriously in the gtl there is more supply than demand

3 hours ago, Joselon said:

The game suffers from a problem of people who use bots to farm and the devs to try to maintain the economy of the game the game rates go down and down, I spent 5 hours to catch a cynda and it turns out that you have them in the gtl at 3k xD, it happens with almost everything, very low rates but mysteriously in the gtl there is more supply than demand

It’s also one of the most common egg hunts so when players are finished with their hunt they will place 4+ boxes into GTL.

This is not the whole reason but is certainly is part of it.

8 hours ago, Joselon said:

Tho, he has a very valid point. For Example: Simple Breeder went down from 8-10k to like 2-4k in a particular time frame.

Edited by Johnwaynee