Not sure if it goes here, but i might have a suggestion for PokeMMO on iOS

TheOpAlexGuy

Question

Im sorry if theres already been a bunch of these posts, or if this doesnt belong here, but im new here, and i might have a suggestion for the PokeMMO on iOS situation.

Firstly would be, making it a web app. Now im not sure if this is possible, but weve seen Google and Nvidia doing it with their game streaming platforms, so i thought, why not suggest it?

Again, im not sure if this is possible, i have no idea how the web apps are actually work, but if it was a viable solution, itd be a easy way for people to play the game on their iOS devices, especially now that iOS allows file downloads. Another thing is that this would support any iOS device (probably), unlike the other solution i mention.

The second solution would just be to make it only for jailbroken users. And its not as stupid as it sounds anymore.

In recent years, jailbreaking has become more stable and easy than ever for certain devices. Checkra1n is quite easy to use, tho it can be a pain to windows users, who might need to make a linux vm to make it work, as theres no windows checkra1n utility that i know of. Another caveat would be that it would only guarantee compatibility with the iPhone 5s to X (and respective iPads), due to checkra1n only being available for those devices. Owners of the XS and newer (and again, respective iPads who use the newer chips.) would have to wait or stick to their current iOS version, if its jailbreakable. And thats probably where the jankiness of this solution starts.

Again, i know the devs have no plans to develop for iOS, but i just wanted to make these suggestions as i think they might be helpful.

5 answers to this question

if you're going to bother getting a linux vm to jailbreak your iphone and whatever, you may as well just run android on your iphone and play that way.

save the devs the trouble, but it's more or less the same effort imposed on the user.

another problem with pokemmo for jailbroken devices is probably the uh, moral/legal implications, rather than technical issues.

i can't really speak for your first option though. if they're into it they're into it, good luck

2 hours ago, Gilan said:

The main problem is how do iOS users provide the ROMs for a web app? I don’t think it’s possible. But, I’m not really familiar with it, so maybe it’s possible?

It might be possible, same way that when youre on a website and you wanna change your pfp, but i dunno

3 hours ago, Eggplant said:

if you're going to bother getting a linux vm to jailbreak your iphone and whatever, you may as well just run android on your iphone and play that way.

save the devs the trouble, but it's more or less the same effort imposed on the user.

another problem with pokemmo for jailbroken devices is probably the uh, moral/legal implications, rather than technical issues.

i can't really speak for your first option though. if they're into it they're into it, good luck

I mean, unless youve got an iPhone 7/7+ and wanna deal with Project Sandcastle, good luck putting android on your iPhone

Tho setting up a vm with checkn1x and jailbreaking that way is extremely simple

And thats true yeah, the legal implications might be whats preventing it here