[Berry Guide] Watering Guide

MightyBoxer

7 minutes ago, loserzero said:

i had just learned about shao strings a few days ago so for me the speed is very fast now.For watering its like just going from 1 tile to another right away.

I dont realy berry farm anymore so i dont realy know of any groups or discord channels that do.

50 minutes ago, MightyBoxer said:

i had just learned about shao strings a few days ago so for me the speed is very fast now.For watering its like just going from 1 tile to another right away.

I dont realy berry farm anymore so i dont realy know of any groups or discord channels that do.

thanks for your information.

On 2/9/2023 at 6:20 AM, squickGianno said:

Hi MightyBoxer, are you sure that for the first time watering them you have 6 hours and not 7 hours?

I have done more tests and they have changed it in some of the latest updates.16 and 20 hours berries you now have 7 hours to water first time.

It is still 12 hours after that when you have 5 water filled.13 hours was too late and lost a yield.So 7 13 combo wont work for 20 hours berries.

il keep making more test when i have time to try and pin point the exact time you have in minutes for first time water and when 5 water filled.

Hey, Might!
Do you know which berries yield 5~7 and which yield 3~6? i am starting a farm, but if i plant 3 sweet seeds (pecha), it takes 16 hours. and if I plant mago, 2x very sweet (equivalent to 4 sweet seed) , it takes 20 hours.
if I extract the seeds, they will yield sweet or very sweet seeds, so what would be the difference? the pecha yields 3~6 and the mago yields 5~7? Or do they both yield the same amount? I haven't been able to do this kind of test yet

14 hours ago, Daanteh said:

Hey, Might!
Do you know which berries yield 5~7 and which yield 3~6? i am starting a farm, but if i plant 3 sweet seeds (pecha), it takes 16 hours. and if I plant mago, 2x very sweet (equivalent to 4 sweet seed) , it takes 20 hours.
if I extract the seeds, they will yield sweet or very sweet seeds, so what would be the difference? the pecha yields 3~6 and the mago yields 5~7? Or do they both yield the same amount? I haven't been able to do this kind of test yet

Berry - PokeMMO Wiki (shoutwiki.com)

it wont show as link for some reason so just go to www.google.com and type pokemmo berries

it will be first result.

i always use this link for berries info.Its useful as you can list in order different data.Also has always been updated for a long time as i kept using it.Says last updated september 2022 which is pretty fresh.

i have not done much testing with type of seeds you get but from little test i did here was my observation.

You will get seeds color around the % based on how much they make up for the combo needed to make the berry.What i mean by that is.

pecha you need 3 plain purple seeds.which will give you 100% purple.mago is 4 purple which is also 100%.ganlon is 2 blue 2 green 1 purple.

So for ganlon you should get around 40% blue 40% green 20% purple.Its not exact % but its more or less around that you should get it seems rng.As for plain or very type it seems to be random rng with a ratio of 1very:2plain or a little better for high roll or 1very:4plain or a little worst for low roll.Also it seems you need at least 2plain in the formula to get very seeds as you can see i got none very purple as it had only 1plain formula.i had 3very 13plain once which is a little worst than 1:4 ratio and 7very 12plain which is a little better than 1:2 ratio.

On average its around 1:3 ratio.

Here is example of what happened when i harvested 50 ganlon.

23blue (15plain+8very) 9purple(9plain) 18green(14plain+4very)

blue rolled more total for its share and also rolled high roll for very seeds.

purple rolled a bit less total for its share.

green rolled less total for its share and rolled low roll on very seeds.

Edited by MightyBoxer

my doubt was not about the seed drop, but about which fruits are more worth planting, in case you have the objective of selling these seeds.
Pecho is 100% sweet, so it will only drop seeds with that flavor, just like Mago Berry.
My question was whether Pecho Berry yields less fruit when harvesting, since it takes less time.
For me it makes sense for Pecho to yield 3~6 fruits when ready, as it takes 16 hours to get ready. and for Mago to yield 5~7 fruits, as it takes 20 hours. this is my doubt. which plants yield 3~6 berries and which yield 5~7

4 hours ago, Daanteh said:

my doubt was not about the seed drop, but about which fruits are more worth planting, in case you have the objective of selling these seeds.
Pecho is 100% sweet, so it will only drop seeds with that flavor, just like Mago Berry.
My question was whether Pecho Berry yields less fruit when harvesting, since it takes less time.
For me it makes sense for Pecho to yield 3~6 fruits when ready, as it takes 16 hours to get ready. and for Mago to yield 5~7 fruits, as it takes 20 hours. this is my doubt. which plants yield 3~6 berries and which yield 5~7

the site link i gave you has that info about yield for each berry.

Edited by MightyBoxer

guide updated.At some point they added 1hour extra before you have to water the very first time.

So now 16hour and 20hour berries you have 7 hours before you have to water first time.7hour+1minute will be a yield loss.

After 5 water full you will have 12 hours to water.12hour+1minute is yield loss.

42hour 44hour 72hour berries you have 8 hours before you have to water first time.8hour+1minute will be a yield loss.

After 5 water full you will have 15 hours to water.15hour+1minute is yield loss.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Has there been any updates which may change watering times? I was planting a 67hr berry and I went like 15hrs 5min for 2 water cycles, didn't have any yield loss. 

I might consider testing it but it's honestly really annoying for 67h berries since it's a 3 day ordeal. Should I just test by character? Watering at: 14:55, 15:00, 15:05, 15:10, 15:15, etc?

I also noticed that as I was watering (right over 15hrs since last water), some berries were flashing red, while others weren't. It also wasn't always in order: sometimes the berries I watered first were flashing red while the berries at the back were white, and sometimes the other way around. 

Edited by Watermeloans
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/13/2024 at 8:18 PM, Watermeloans said:

Has there been any updates which may change watering times? I was planting a 67hr berry and I went like 15hrs 5min for 2 water cycles, didn't have any yield loss. 

I might consider testing it but it's honestly really annoying for 67h berries since it's a 3 day ordeal. Should I just test by character? Watering at: 14:55, 15:00, 15:05, 15:10, 15:15, etc?

I also noticed that as I was watering (right over 15hrs since last water), some berries were flashing red, while others weren't. It also wasn't always in order: sometimes the berries I watered first were flashing red while the berries at the back were white, and sometimes the other way around. 

yes i had same issues as you sometimes where i had berries in red that were clearly planted later than earlier planted ones that were still not red.

And my guide time is not ''exact time by the minute''.It says ''dont go a little more than''

I had done some tests long ago to try find out exact minute.I dont remember exact time but i remember it was a few minutes.Maybe 6 minutes is when you start losing yield but im not sure.

Edited by MightyBoxer