Why did they make the game so hard?

I understand the original games are super easy and i understand the reasoning behind making the game harder but this is a bit much. I've been playing for a long time and this is making me punch my wall. Ive always had random fun teams i would use to beat the game with but i simply cant do that in this version, i need the best Pokémon to win. I've also interduced  my friends into this and they've never played Pokémon and there finding it very not fun to play. My friends that are just trying to have fun and don't want to search up ivs and the best Pokémon to use just to play the game, no one wants to spend time over leveling to just to win. I feel like this scares off a lot of potential fans and players because of the difficulty, the game being 4x harder is not fun for a casual fan base and really not fun

for new players, can we get like a easier version or like an original mode where its just the base game?

Edited by Flambezeus
edit

Let me tell you something. I actually rage quitted this game when I first played it lol, ofc it was dude to the difficulty then later on I started playing again expecting things to be hard it actually wasn't that hard. If you have a good team/strategy and know what you are doing you can easily go through the game. Also, you can win the game with random mons, you don't need a 6x31 kek. You just need a good team and plan....

Btw, leave your wall alone xd 

Edited by FameCreator

I agree with what they said, it is an MMO. And most of us here had already played versions of pokemon before coming to PokeMMO. What made the adventure easier for us. These games will spend many hours on you. The first region I played in the gbc in Kanto I spent days until I woke up Snorlax, or my first time in Johto I lost 3 times against the Miltank of the third gym. It is a role playing game. Enjoy it.

Estoy de acuerdo con lo que dijeron, es un MMO. Y la mayoria de los que estamos aqui, ya habiamos jugado versiones de pokemon antes de llegar a PokeMMO. Lo que nos resultó mas facil la aventura. Estos juegos se le dedican muchas horas. La primer region que jugue en la gbc en Kanto estuve dias hasta despertar al Snorlax, o mi primera vez en Johto perdi 3 veces contra el Miltank del tercer gimnasio. Es un juego de rol. Disfrutalo.

The first answer was right, but secondly this game is targeted towards long-time pokemon players which could also be a reason for the difficulty

P.S. as someone who hasn't finished a pokemon game since I was 8, the game really isn't that hard 

man look this mmo is the best pokemmo on the market(buy it or leave it )the rest are either bad or mediocre and thats me being nice,if you like mons you will play it and like regardless of the difficulty even if you and your friends are hardstuck someware you can all play together come up with strat and have fun

If you want to finish the game on the easy way, I suggest you to:

1) focus on one specific pokemon and use it against everyone and everything

2)Make a Balanced team, with balanced Levels

3)Get a dragon type (they are overpowered here)

4) Use a Starmie or a Moxie Krookodile

And last but not least:

5)Make Strategies

Alright, first off, I want to apologize how everyone is deflecting and saying "git gud" the reason why the game is hard is because it is an MMO and if it's one thing the pokemon community has always wanted was for more challenge in the game. and MMO certainly does that. My best advice is, look through the forums (in fact I'm looking through one right now for the gym leaders list) and find what it is you need. I promise this game can be fun and if nothing else, try changing up your strategy and learn which pokemon is useful in each situation. Have a good day

The game isn't meant to be sped through. The game only gets easier with time. If something about the game is frustrating you, take a break from it for a little while. Don't burn yourself out on a single game. This game has a lot of potential long term. Try changing up strategies, and set smaller in-game goals for yourself. 

a year or so ago i saw a guy complain because he couldnt solo the entire game with swampert.

make sure you do have a team and dont go in severely underleveled and you will be fine.

game is harder but it also gives you more variety in pokemon, faster grinding against trainers, and access to gtl

make sure to utilize all these well and you will be good to go my man.

• 4 months later...
On 12/21/2020 at 8:46 AM, RealMak said:

Simple Reasons: because its a MMO and it should be hard. Players can trade with other players, which makes it easier to defeat the game, so they had to do it

Yeah but that doesnt explain why every gym leader oneshots you while your team does 1/4 or 1/3 of their health. I get the level cap, but supercharging the gym leaders to that degree is a bit much, this isn't kaizo or any of the superhard rom hacks.

Edited by Kahil2134
1 hour ago, Kahil2134 said:

Yeah but that doesnt explain why every gym leader oneshots you while your team does 1/4 or 1/3 of their health. I get the level cap, but supercharging the gym leaders to that degree is a bit much, this isn't kaizo or any of the superhard rom hacks.

well you're right, this ISN'T kaizo or any of the superhard rom hacks...

the game isn't that hard, i beat all 4 regions in like 2 months with no competitive knowledge of the game, the easy way to go about it is if you can't beat the gym leader then grind some levels and maybe get a better team

14 hours ago, Kahil2134 said:

Listen, this game isn't too hard. You just need strategies