[Hunt Guide] Sketch Guide

Senile

[quote name='deric12' timestamp='1363357967' post='229987']
can i ask? how are we going to sketch moves when smearlge is out?
[/quote]

What do you mean? Do you have a smearlge ready to learn another move, or?

Because in that case
[quote name='Senile' timestamp='1359836495' post='181197']
Step 3: Use whatever move it is (False Swipe, Payday, Spore, etc.) on the wild Smeargle.*
Step 4: Once the Smeargle has sketched the move, you can either switch** to your own Smeargle to sketch the move off the wild Smeargle, or catch the wild
[/quote]

[quote name='Heavenol' timestamp='1363355778' post='229954']
I'm not entirely sure if it's gonna work with it's high lvl, though. But let me know if works.
[/quote]

You will need a -atk nature arcanine without ev atk, burn it and you still have like 50% chances of kill a wild LV28 Smeargle (highest wild level), so it will take a while to do it. I did it with Gary's Arcanine at Elite 4, it wasn't easy either, but i think is a good method.

[quote name='Heavenol' timestamp='1363370524' post='230143']
What do you mean? Do you have a smearlge ready to learn another move, or?

Because in that case
[/quote]
what i mean is that the smeargle will be out of the game in the future update
how are we gonna sketch moves than?

[quote name='deric12' timestamp='1363439689' post='231206']
is it possible to make a lv5 smeargle learn 4 moves?there is a set for lv 5 smeargle at smogon
[/quote]

Well, you can't even get a level 5 smeargle, so no. But if you could, you still would not be able to, due to the fact the move relearner does not reteach moves in empty slots yet.

[quote name='Senile' timestamp='1363442472' post='231236']
Well, you can't even get a level 5 smeargle, so no. But if you could, you still would not be able to, due to the fact the move relearner does not reteach moves in empty slots yet.
[/quote]
than why smogon mention that set at first?

[quote name='deric12' timestamp='1363448190' post='231309']
than why smogon mention that set at first?
[/quote]

Because in normal Fire Red you can use the move relearner to teach sketch on empty slots. That's not working yet in PokeMMO.

0yggdrasil0's second method is the only way I can currently think of teaching it extremespeed. Lower his attack with screech and stuff if you want to be a bit safer. I'd paralyze it as well so Smeargle could switch in on an extremespeed, then sketching the next turn it'd either go first and learn extremespeed, or arcanine would hit again with extremespeed then you'd sketch it anyway.

Also, when Smeargle becomes unable to be caught in the wild anymore, as soon as transform works, everything you can do with sketching Smeargle will work with transforming Ditto.

[quote name='MrMasonMan' timestamp='1363468433' post='231783']
Because in normal Fire Red you can use the move relearner to teach sketch on empty slots. That's not working yet in PokeMMO.

0yggdrasil0's second method is the only way I can currently think of teaching it extremespeed. Lower his attack with screech and stuff if you want to be a bit safer. I'd paralyze it as well so Smeargle could switch in on an extremespeed, then sketching the next turn it'd either go first and learn extremespeed, or arcanine would hit again with extremespeed then you'd sketch it anyway.

Also, when Smeargle becomes unable to be caught in the wild anymore, as soon as transform works, everything you can do with sketching Smeargle will work with transforming Ditto.
[/quote]

This. Just. Solved. My. Mental. Turmoil.

In the spontaneus of this day the people was confused about how i sketched Transform, i don't know exactly why the confusion, was easy, as any other move, i did it after the update when transform statrted to work, just put my hunting Smeargle leading the party, Ditto use transform, then my Smeargle uses Spore, then i switch to the Smeargle i need that learns Transform and use Sketch....thats it lol i dont really know why the confusion, ¿maybe is a bug and i shouldn't be allowed to do that?

[quote name='JennaPresley' timestamp='1364517451' post='251977']
Does anyone know if the recent update let it so Smeargle can permanently learn moves via Sketch in PVP duels?

Thank you.
[/quote]

Short answer: No.

Long answer: No, and it is unlikely Smeargle will ever be able to Sketch moves in PVP duels.

[quote name='Senile' timestamp='1364517575' post='251980']
Short answer: No.

Long answer: No, and it is unlikely Smeargle will ever be able to Sketch moves in PVP duels.
[/quote]

Thanks, guess putting a transformed Ditto to sleep is the best option now.

Why do you think its unlikely that function will ever be available? Seems like a good fix.