[Hunt Guide] Sketch Guide

Senile

[quote name='JennaPresley' timestamp='1364527377' post='252201']
Thanks, guess putting a transformed Ditto to sleep is the best option now.

Why do you think its unlikely that function will ever be available? Seems like a good fix.
[/quote]

It's unlikely because the devs don't seem to like making things easy for us, and it's possible to sketch every available move right now anyway, due to wild Smeargles and dittos. So, I doubt they'd make something that's already possible easier, when they could put that time into doing something else.

[quote name='Senile' timestamp='1359836495' post='181197']
[b]Q: Covet or Thief?[/b]

[b]A:[/b] Covet has 40 PP and is Normal. Thief has 10 PP and is Dark. This means Covet can't hit Ghost types, while Dark can. Thief is also (Slightly) easier to get, as the only pokemon who can learn Covet is [b]Snorlax at level 45[/b]. Really, which one you get is up to personal preference, although, Covet is generally better, as the only ghost pokemon with a hold item currently implemented is Haunter, and it has far more PP than thief.

Note on Covet/Thief: A wild Smeargle with Covet or Thief CAN take your items from you, so, you know, make sure that doesn't happen.

[b]Pokemon with important moves:[/b]
Spore: Parasect/Paras
False Swipe: Cubone/Marowak/Scyther
Thief: Literally anything that learns it by the TM.
Payday: Persian/Meowth
[b]Covet: Snorlax (Level 42)[/b]
Dragon Rage: Dratini/Gyarados
[/quote]

This should be changed to level 45 - confirmed by in game pokedex.

Also, Zigzagoon learns it at level 29, Linoone at 35, and slakoth and slaking learn it at 31

[quote name='Dannnno' timestamp='1364609531' post='253970']
This should be changed to level 45 - confirmed by in game pokedex.

Also, Zigzagoon learns it at level 29, Linoone at 35, and slakoth and slaking learn it at 31
[/quote]

Changed. If anyone else has anything to add regarding the new update that outdates the old information in the OP, please inform me.

[quote name='Senile' timestamp='1359837003' post='181203']
Covet can't hit ghost types.

Also, good luck hitting a wild Smeargle with Covet from Snorlax and NOT killing it. Unless you've done so. In which case, you win.
[/quote]
You forget that the burn statut = att /2

[quote name='kemaric59' timestamp='1364850391' post='259737']
You forget that the burn statut = att /2
[/quote]

A bit late, you know.

(As in, I addressed that point a few posts down from that post, and that was like a month ago late)

[quote name='Riotpopper' timestamp='1364850921' post='259756']
My Smeargle has Fly, False Swipe and Payday. I want it to learn spore, anyone know a good way of getting it to learn spore? Any pokemon in the wild who use it? I can't find any Smeargles in Alt Cave anymore
[/quote]

Wild Parasect in Cerulean Cave should have Spore.

Someone has an idea of how sketch Metronome? i was going to use one on Cleffairy's Cup and when i tried to sketch it by fighting a wild Ditto, my Smeargle sketched the move that appeared from the effect of Metronome instead of Metronome itself, so i don´t know what to do now -_- I will really apreciate if someone can help me.

I haven't tried this myself, and it would take a while to manage this, but supposedly if the move used by Metronome fails, Smeargle will sketch Metronome. This can be caused by waiting for the wild Pokemon to use a status move on an already statused Smeargle. Maybe Protect then Sketch would work too.

Again, haven't tried this myself and have no guarantee it will sketch it correctly.

[quote name='Mariout' timestamp='1365191488' post='268042']
I haven't tried this myself, and it would take a while to manage this, but supposedly if the move used by Metronome fails, Smeargle will sketch Metronome. This can be caused by waiting for the wild Pokemon to use a status move on an already statused Smeargle. Maybe Protect then Sketch would work too.

Again, haven't tried this myself and have no guarantee it will sketch it correctly.
[/quote]

I see, so probably it will take too much time, i will have to look for other pokemon for the tourney then -_- Thank you for your help!

[quote name='0Yggdrasil0' timestamp='1365192146' post='268056']
I see, so probably it will take too much time, i will have to look for other pokemon for the tourney then -_- Thank you for your help!
[/quote]
I'm going to try it once I log on. Just need to train a Smeargle to 31, then find a Metronomer.

[quote name='skazord' timestamp='1365529269' post='275484']
Consider the following:

Fighting against a pokemon that has a move I want.
Use False Swipe with Smeargle until he uses the move I want
Sketch (while outspeeding it) in the following round
Get the move

Would this work?
[/quote]

Yes.

[quote name='Dannnno' timestamp='1365628956' post='277491']
Now that we have double battles, we don't need wild smeargle anymore right? Or can you not use sketch in PvE NPC battles?
[/quote]

Yeah, you can use sketch in PvE NPC Battles. I'll change the guide to include that.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Deathtoll' timestamp='1367180595' post='310746']
Sabrina's Mr. Mime.
[/quote]

Alternatively, enter a double battle with only a Smeargle and a pokemon with baton pass. This should work, unless it's bugged like Dannno said.

[quote name='Senile' timestamp='1367182812' post='310815']
Alternatively, enter a double battle with only a Smeargle and a pokemon with baton pass. This should work, unless it's bugged like Dannno said.
[/quote]

Nah this method is bugged I've tried it and I think Kyu confirmed it, I'll edit with the link

EDIT:[url="https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/18780-unable-to-sketch-baton-pass/"]https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/18780-unable-to-sketch-baton-pass/[/url]
Not sure where the original thread is

[quote name='Dannnno' timestamp='1367182908' post='310819']
Nah this method is bugged I've tried it and I think Kyu confirmed it, I'll edit with the link

EDIT:[url="https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/18780-unable-to-sketch-baton-pass/"]https://forums.pokem...tch-baton-pass/[/url]
Not sure where the original thread is
[/quote]

Maybe Taunt the passer before they pass?